Copthorne Hotel Solway Park Wairarapa

salisbury3933's Profile Photo

Resort Style Accommodation

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 1, 2012

We managed to get a cheap online deal to stay here and thought it was pretty good.

The hotel itself is set over sprawling grounds, and has plenty of recreational facilities, as well as a restaurant, cafe and bar. Due to it being booked out we could not try the restaurant at night, but did partake in the buffet breakfast which was pretty good.

There is a heated indoor pool, a gymnasium, games room spa, tennis courts, golf driving range and so on. In other words you will not lack for things to keep you occupied. Rooms are nice as well.

The only point I would note is that noise is a bit of an issue. We could hear doors slamming in the night which is not really ideal.

Directions: On State Highway 2 in the south part of Masterton.

Deceptive Advertising

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 21, 2011

I reserved the "Moments to Treasure" package at the Copthorne Hotel and Resort Solway Park. This package was supposed to include a "2 for 1 Dinner" special. However, the hotel staff would not honor this portion of the package, which tainted my entire stay.

Had deceptive advertising not been employed get us here, I might have rated this place better. However, when a place outright lies to me in order to get my business, as this establishment did, I cannot be happy about it. Thus, I would advise staying elsewhere.

Unique Quality: The spa is barely large enough for two people, and the gym and indoor pool are both quite tiny.

It seems that about half of the rooms (the ones with "bad" views) have parking, and the other half have to park close to reception.

Nearby Copthorne Hotel Solway Park Wairarapa

• Kids Activities
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Masterton Travel Forum

Need advice about Masterton, New Zealand? Visit the Travel Forum for Masterton and ask our Answer Gurus.

Masterton Travel Guide