Wellington Region Hotels

Our Members Say

• gfish profile photo gfish
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Quest on the Terrace: Do not go to Quest on the Terrace

This hotel was the worst hotel I have stayed in ever, and I have stayed in a lot.
There was a pair of frilly woman's underwear in my bed when I got into it.
There was a long hair on my towel that I used on my face the next morning.
My room was noisy and cold. The heater provided did nothing to fight the very cold conditions in the room.

No outstanding characteristics apparent.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 22, 2011

• canuckcj profile photo canuckcj
  • Reviews: 60

This is Cape Reinga. This is...

This is Cape Reinga. This is at the very tip of New Zealand. We camped at the beach called Spirit Bay. The little spit of sand located in the picture. Fun spot to stay, met the locals. There is only one thing. The washrooms are yucky! There are birds that have made the washrooms their home. No drinking water either.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written September 7, 2002

• Gypsy_Saskia profile photo Gypsy_Saskia
  • Reviews: 319

I stayed in both the Terrace...

I stayed in both the Terrace and the YHA. The last one is very central and was pretty ok. As far as I could figure out, Wellington doesn't have any special hostels.
Both are about NZD 20 for a bed in a 4 person dorm.

YHA is very environmental friendly in dealing with garbage and stuff. Great location and book swapping service.

• Written September 7, 2002

• ladygolfer profile photo ladygolfer
  • Reviews: 58

The best place I can think of...

The best place I can think of is a hotel/motel which is around 5 minutes within Wellington to do to, they are one of the finest in the whole of the Wellington area. The name of the hotel/motel is the Brentwood Hotel. Lovely place and caters for everyone.
$NZ100.00 per night per person approximately.

Well, it has an indoor swimming pool, and numerous other things to keep you well entertained and very close to shops and the such like as well for shopping for that special gift.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 2, 2002

• mmcnie profile photo mmcnie
  • Reviews: 45

Trekker's Hotel & Hostel: Trekker's Hotel & Hostel

NZ$20 for backpacker bunk to NZ$119 for 2 room hotel room.

Clean, central, reasonably priced range of options. The backpacker rooms only have 2 beds per room so you have some privacy. I stayed here for my first week and had a room to myself most of the time. There is also an STA office nearby where you can get mail or make travel plans.

• Written August 26, 2002
Tip Photo

• scubiski profile photo scubiski
  • Reviews: 16

If you have a few $$ to throw...

If you have a few $$ to throw around then City Life apartments are convenient, self contained and well appointed.
My recollection is around the NZ$250 per night

These apartments allow you the space to feel like you are at home - they include a decent kitchen and a good sized living area, with most apartments having 2 bedrooms. Don't worry if you don't want to cook (who does?!!), because the location is surrounded by excellent restaurants - check with the reception for recommendations

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 26, 2002

• floss1 profile photo floss1
  • Reviews: 185

Mecca Motel: Mecca Motel

It was £20 a night for a double room.

I stayed here for 5 nights. It is a comfortable place to stay, with friendly owners. It has a spa pool, laundry and they can do breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

• Aragina profile photo Aragina
  • Reviews: 582

I stayed with a freind of...

I stayed with a freind of Diane's in Wellington, it was a lovely house,and the fact that they were ex pats made my stay wonderful
it was free

it was free with good views and free food

Tip Photo

• benkade profile photo benkade
  • Reviews: 42

My favourite places to stay in...

My favourite places to stay in Wellington are hostels, although I have stayed in hotels too... nudge, nudge.
The Central City backpackers is large, and has a great social life, centered around its excellent bar.
The Lodge in the City is also good, not quite the atmosphere or facilities, but close to town.
For Hotels, the Museum Hotel de Wheels across from Te Papa will cater for all your needs, the Park Royal is rated very highly, Hotel Ibis is great value and Rafaelle's has a great view of the harbour.
Hostels range from NZ$16 - $24 per night for a single bed in a dorm. Double rooms are about NZ$40 - $50 per night.
Hotel Ibis can put you up for NZ$88 for a night with all facilities expected of a hotel, while the others mentioned go are around NZ$125 - $140 per night.

• Opinion of Price: