Barbadoes Street, Christchurch, Christchurch-Canterbury, 8011, New Zealand

Costs 38% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about City Central Motel Apartments

Excellent staff; Great clean rooms

by TripAdvisor Member mcpenguin

We reserved a 2 bedroom apartment for 3 adults and a nearly 2 year old. Apartment was very spacious and clean with plenty of room for the toddler to run around. We requested an infant travel cot and highchair and both were waiting in room upon check-in. Owners were extremely helpful and informative. My wife was sick upon arrival in Christchurch so we asked the owners for recommended doctors and they provided us with not only such information but also offered the use of one of their personal cars so I could drive my wife to the clinic. This was well above and beyond my expectations. We decided to stay an extra night there to allow my wife to recover since it was such a great place to stay. Location is not in the heart of the tourist district/Cathedral square, but it is an easy 10 minute walk with plenty of good restaurants along the way and it was very quiet. Overall, a great value for the money. Would definitely stay here again.

Wonderful Place!

by TripAdvisor Member jessierose07

I stayed at the City Central Apartments while on a conference. The facilities were great and even in the middle of a wintery spell, the rooms were incredibly warm. They were more than helpful to provide information on places to see and how to get there, and even didn't mind getting up at 2 in the morning to let me in after a "good" night out. I will definately stay there again!

Awesome!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Rach29Auckland

I booked this accommodation for myself & 2 work collegues on a business trip to Christchurch. Beautiful accommodation & we had 2 interconnecting rooms for 1 night. Very friendly service and a handy location to where our business meeting was. I would recommend this place to anyone, not only great service! But also great value for money! more

A bed to die for:) Very comfy!!!

I would definitely tell my friends and family if they are ever in Christchurch to stay at this awesome place, with great service and valu for money!!!

Comfortable, affordable, helpful, I could go on

by TripAdvisor Member LynnCoromandel

Spent the night here on a business trip and was delighted by the friendly, helpful owners and the attractive, comfortable room. Couldn't get my computer working, they lent me theirs! Now that's service! So near the city too. An excellent choice.

Absolutely Faultless!

by TripAdvisor Member MillieAustralia

We got a great deal on 2 interconnecting rooms for our family of six we had loads of room and all that we required for one night but we would have been comfortable here for more! The rooms were lovely, clean and modern, the service was excellent. and the beds very comfortable. As I said faultless!

Great Stay in Christchurch

by TripAdvisor Member Jaydeejay

I have just taken a group to Christchurch and stayed at this excellent facility close to city and amenities. Rooms were modern and immaculate and beautifully serviced, Nothing was too much trouble and the friendly hosts went out of their way to make all feel welcome. Cost was surprisingly reasonable for such a central location and unsurprisingly the motel was well patronised. Management is knowledgeable about the city, sights and restaurants, and more than willing to phone around to get a good deal for their guests. This would be my first choice of venue for a return trip to Christchurch both in terms of affordability, comfort and convenience. An ideal base for an exploration of this part of the South Island of New Zealand.

Great location when visiting Christchurch

by TripAdvisor Member MAquohoag

Newly renovated, neat and clean. Great location for short walk to center of Christchurch. Good value for the money. We stayed one night at the beginning of our NZ trip and then chose to return our last 2 nights.

Close to the CBD

by TripAdvisor Member QTQueenie

The rooms were modern and well furnished, clean, tidy and comfortable, so we were really pleased with them. The only comment I would make is that we could hear the people talking and laughing in the room next door so that could be a bit annoying if it was late at night or early in the morning. Otherwise, I could not fault the room nor the service and the rate was great as well.

The property is very central, without being right in the midst of traffic noise or noisy clubs or pubs.

i chose this place to stay here based on Trip Advisor feedback and I agree with the feedback given.

Good stay at the City Central

by TripAdvisor Member teenachris

We stayed 3 nights at this motel and it was a good motel. The location was an easy 10min walk from the city centre. Room was comfortable and heaps of TV channels. It was a bit noisy from the busy street but this quietened down at night. The sun also shines right into the rooms so perhaps not a great location in the heat of summer.

Excellent Apartments

by TripAdvisor Member SumoIreland

Excellent apartments in good location, just a short walk from city centre. Apartments are recently refurbished, spacious and clean. You could not want for anything more and I would highly recommend these to anyone. Owners are friendly and helpful and care about your stay.

Comments