3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

449 Memorial Ave, (formerly Quality Hotel), Christchurch, Christchurch-Canterbury, 1409, New Zealand

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 109% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Surprised by Joy

Prior to the earthquakes, I have always stayed in town at some renowned hotel chains. When I was told I was staying in a hotel near the airport, my heart sank.

Then I arrived and found a fantastic facility with great amenities in-house, friendly staff, fantastic, well equipped rooms and a great restaurant.

I'll be staying here from now on - unbeatable value for money and convenience. A comfortable place to stay for the seasoned business traveler.

Unique Quality: - Wireless access throughout the facility
    - Free shuttle from the airport (5 mins)
    - free voucher per night stay for a drink at the bar or a takeaway barista coffee in the morning.

Directions: Next door to the international airport and 15 mins cab ride from city centre

• Excellent Service, Quiet Location

I agree with the other comments. I've always had a good stay here. Friendly, helpful service. Quiet and away from the bustle (in a good way). I've stayed downtown but prefer it here, it's a quick ride into downtown.

Unique Quality: Family owned and they're great with return customers as well as newcomers. Recommended for Antarctic Program visitors.

• EasyDave's Profile Photo

Christchurh's best hotel

I have been to this same hotel for all 3 of my trips there. They treat you like family. The Patterson family owns it. You will not be dissappointed.

Unique Quality: They have free bus passes for going downtown. Once downtown you can walk anywhere and see so much.

Directions: Only about a 3/4 mile drive from the Airport on Memorial Drive

• Nicest Hotel near Airport/Int'l Antarctic Center

Stayed there for 3 months. Friendly and helpful staff, clean comfortable rooms and a wonderful bar and resturant. Although not in the center of the city, it's location is a good jumping off point for all areas around Christchurch.

Unique Quality: Convienent location to Airport and International Antarctic Center. Free bus passes into city.

More about Copthorne Hotel Commodore Christchurch Airport

Outstanding room

Stayed overnight at this hotel the first time since the business suites have been completed. I have always enjoyed the Commordore and the other rooms I have stayed in but the new suites are absolutely superb. Very large spotless bathroom with seperate shower and bath and the bedroom with flat screen TV and all the modern cons you would ever want. The shuttle service to and from the airport is very handy too.

Wouldn't go anywhere else in Christchurch

by TripAdvisor Member VickyMcG

I will try not to repeat, but this place was great. Service is unsurpassed, rooms in Business (esp the new ones) are fantastic. See my pix. We stayed twice, going & coming back from Queenstown route. Luscious beds-slept like a baby. Very nice amenities. Call on the courtesy phone or the courtesy clerk there at the airport and they will pick you up. They even gave us bus tix to town, both times. Ask for the larger, cooler looking business rooms; the ones not all the way in back-they'll know what you mean. We stayed in both. It's worth the trouble and they accepted my Entertainment card for a small discount. They gave us both a drink on the house each time. Lovely hotel. Internet use for a fee. Will stay there again if in the area.

outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member Dlobo

The rooms on the business level were outstanding. The beds were superbly comfortable and the bathroom was fantastic. The rooms were a
great size as well

The breakfast service however wasn't great as they only had one person on duty so a long wait to be served but not too bad.

Service at reception was excellent - we arrived at 1am the the receptionist could not have been friendlier

For an airport stay I could not fault this hotel

I usually hate airport hotels, but if they were all like this .....

by TripAdvisor Member Vaux

Superb front desk staff both before and during our stay. After a minor booking mix-up (which was entirely my fault and absolutely not the hotel's) we ended up with a free adjoining room courtesy of the Commdore. 4 double beds for the three of us, in two huge rooms. Nice meal, a free drink on the house all round much appreciated. Courtesy shuttle to the airport. Will definitely use the Commodore again.

The "Wow factor"

by TripAdvisor Member SatisfiedSouthAfrica

Having stayed in 4-and 5 star hotels from Sydney to London to New York, etc; you tend to fall in a rut with no real surprises anymore. Hotel rooms become monotonous and sometimes the overall product is not even worth the money paid for the accommodation.

My room on the business level of the Copthorne Commodore managed to extricate the "WOW" factor. This was the most spacious hotel room I have ever been in. There is an ample build-in storage rack for a large suitcase, as well as carry-on luggage.

The bathroom is modern with a separate shower and bath. The toilet also has its own privacy door. For total privacy in the bathroom, there is an electronic controlled window blind that covers the window between the bathroom and the bedroom.

Room service (dinner and breakfast) was quick and the food was delicious.

All staff was nothing but extremely courteous at all times. I will definitely stay here again.

Comments