Hotel So

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

More about Hotel So

hotel

by Maximilian21 about The Chancellor

After staying in backpacker accomodation in the freezing cold for such a long time i decided to spend my time in wellington at a decent but affordable hotel. I chose the Chancelor because of its location, price and comfort.
Ionly paid $70 per night which i guess was fairly reasonable. I was treated to some good comfort though and should i visit wellington again this would be my affordable hotel of choice. Its also fairly close to the airport

A GEM OF A HOTEL

by richard4 about THE PAVILIONS HOTEL,CHRISTCHURCH,NZ

My stay at the Pavilions hotel was great,they were so helpful at reception,plus the food was great with BIG portions you would never starve there,plus inhouse laundry,which is a must if possible,means the Pavilions is a hotel I would happily stay at again. Great comfy rooms,inroom minibar,colour tv,shower etc,the whole hotel is large but small enough to feel that warm homely touch,making you feel right at home whilst away,very recommended.

Christchurch City Center

by pepples46 about Quest Apt. Hotel

never stayed here, but it looks like a very good adress and setting in the City Center of Christchurch. lovely shops and cafes at the doorsteps.
webpage provided below

Spending a Night in (Spanish Mission) Style

by Kakapo2 about The Heritage, Hanmer Springs

Heritage Hotels and Resorts have a good reputation, so it comes at no surprise that we were rather happy with the accommodation in Hanmer Springs.

The room was spacious, and the outdoor pool was an added bonus. We did not test the outdoor tennis and petanque courts.

The restaurant was first class and can be highly recommended, even if you do not stay at the Heritage.

The hotel is in a very nice and distinctive building in the Spanish mission style. It has been restored to its former glory. For over a century it had been the Hanmer Lodge.

You can chose from normal hotel rooms, garden suites and villas.

The rates vary, the rack rate for a deluxe room is NZ$ 289 (as May 2010) but if you book last minute for the next two weeks days you can get a room for as little as $155. Superior rooms (rack rate) cost $257, a garden room $289, and a 3-bedroom villa $520. Specials from NZ$ 140.

Often they have special deals, especially during the low season.

Update 22 May 2010

Having stayed at the Heritage last week, I feel inclined to add some critical words.

I had booked a deluxe room - but did not really find it very deluxe. For a start, I think that a deluxe room should have a desk, and the minibar should be hidden elegantly behind a wooden door and not white fridge dominating the not very spacious wardrobe, and the only picture on that very long being the picture of the TV when you turn it on...

But my pet hate is - with all due respect to handicapped people - to have a wheelchair-friendly bathroom, and this fitted the way that the whole room is flooded after a shower. We needed three bath towels to dry the floor and be able to walk to the (wet) toilet and not stand in the water in front of the basin later. When showering the shower curtain flew around all over the place.

In a deluxe room I would also expect a bathtub.

Again: A hotel has to have a certain number of rooms for not so mobile people, and perhaps even more such rooms when the hotel is located in a spa town where older people might seek relief from their ailments. But when the hotel is nearly empty between the seasons it should be possible to have deluxe rooms available that deserve the name.

I also found it rather strange that the bedside table was one metre from the bed on one side. So when you wanted to have coffee or tea in bed you had to hold cup and saucer the whole time.

The heating was very good and sufficient on rather a cold day.

What I found good was that the hot food of the breakfast buffet was made to each individual's order, as there were so few guests that it would have been a waste to offer everything prepared and then throw out most of it.

Very friendly service by full-time staff and a young guy on a work and holiday visa. A very relaxing atmosphere, only some steps from the hot pools and all other restaurant options. But the elegant hotel restaurant is fabulous!

Very quiet location despite being located along a kind of main road. But there is no action in Hanmer at night, so it would be very uncommon to be disturbed. (We only woke up briefly when the morning paper was knocked against our door at 6am...)

Fox Glacier - High Peaks Hotel

by amandajayne81 about High Peaks Hotel

We struggled to find accommodation at either of the Glaciers over the period we stayed (Jan 1st and 2nd) but eventually found this one. It cost us $420 NZ for the two nights and we were expecting it to be really nice. Whilst it was definitely comfortable and spacious we were surprised that we didn't even have a fridge! Just a cooler. This was not great as my fiance had medication that needed to be kept quite cold and I don't think that this was enough. It was close enough to walk to the village if you had time but we drove. There were great views of the Glacier from out the front of the hotel but not from the rooms. Laundry etc on site which was handy and very clean. Restaurant on site but we didn't use it and neither did many other people that we saw.

Internet access in the office was quite expensive.

Discount Rates Throughout the Country

by DSwede about WOTIF

WOTIF is a webbased discount accommodation and travel site. It started in Sydney and quickly spread to many other countries, but among the first was New Zealand.

There are hundreds of listings for hotels, motels, backpackers, hostels, B&B's, pensions, etc. in even the smallest of towns and villages.

It is a great search engine to find contact details, addresses and map locations.

Possibly the best thing about the site is that it will generate a matrix table of all hotels, listing "bunk" rate, discount rate and availability.

There are temporary "hot" deals that are significantly discounted. Also, there are mystery hotels where you may choose a star-rating level and price, only to find the hotel name and address after booking. These are offered and substantial discount and I have used it a few times and have saved a minimum of 10% compared to the hotel's published rates.

Luxury

by rozehill about Millenium Hotel

179 beautifully designed and appointed guest rooms each with a charming outlook on Christchurch city and Cathedral Square. All rooms feature air conditioning, colour TV, refrigerator, mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities, modem links, hair dryers, safes,24 hr rm service and non-smoking rooms. You can dine in our Award Winning Restaurant Piko Piko and have a quiet drink in ourlounge bar, Bar Sante. Fri/Sat Jazz band plays in the background. Gymnasium is available for fitness guests and a sauna for guests who need to unwind after a busy day.

Youth hotel is a convenient...

by Green

Youth hotel is a convenient and economic place for us to stay. It's clean and warm like our home. I esspecially like its kitchen. I can cook what I want to eat in any ways if I don't like to eat the local foods.

Many Hotel and Motel but my...

by apogeeandy

Many Hotel and Motel but my choice would be the backpacker. There are two esily found in the phone books.
A$8-10 pp one night Good place to get trips to some of the tourist attractions,meet people and get idears

The Sherwood Manor in...

by wen_viaggio

The Sherwood Manor in Queenstown. A simple ,low storey, 'chalet- looking' kind of hotel that faces the Alps. Situated on a hill, the hotel offers great views of Queenstown for guests. It has a small outdoor pool too.

Dansey HotelDansey Hotel

Millenium HotelMillenium Hotel

Vulcan HotelVulcan Hotel

Omarama HotelOmarama Hotel

Hotel Christchurch

by briggsfamily

Has anyone stayed at either of the following 2 hotels recently in Christchurch?

1.Scenic Circle Russley Hotel
2. Airport Birches

Will be staying in Christchurch 2 nights late Sept 07 and have been weighing which one of these 2 is the best value for money and location. Your thoughts and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Lisa

Hotel

by yvr

Would appreciate positive or negative comments regarding the following two hotels in Christchurch. Have not been able to find any reviews.

Best Westen Canterbury Court
Best Western Alexandra Court

RE: Hotel

by lu_ese

In my opinion, Best Western hotels are generic, clean & tidy but relatively stark and tastelessly decorated.

But if you're just after a place to sleep, then it'll do the job.

Hotel choices!!!

by SYD-YYZ

Is it better to stay at the Rydges in an executive room or a deluxe room in the Classic Villa?

RE: Hotel choices!!!

by itzkriz

Hello, I did some personal checking out for you (as I live on Banks Peninsula). You will know that the current room rate is from NZD190-NZD230 per night. The executive room is a much higher standard with add-ons like free parking, security key, wine-tasting in evening and continental breakfast in your room. Foir location you have made a GREAT choice with Rydges.

RE: RE: Hotel choices!!!

by SYD-YYZ

Thank you for your reply.

I have returned from my trip to Christchurch and finally decided on the Rydges executive room. However despite paying for the executive rate, I was told I am not entitled to any of the executive extras such as free breakast, parking etc(except for the room itself) unless I pay an extra NZ$60 per night half way through my trip after I was told at breakfast that I had to pay the extra premium. This is already on top of paying an extra $60 for the executive room (over the standard room)!!!! This is despite ringing prior to my arrival to ensure I get all the executive extras and also on check-in and being confirmed I would get the above. The manager I complained to about this was not helpful. I have also made a complaint on my return on their post-stay evaluation form but have not yet had a reply and that was almost 2 months ago!

I have stayed on executive floors in other hotels such as Crowne Plaza and Hiltons around the world (I travel a lot for work) and have never had this experience before. The location for the Rydges CHC is great I agree but for the price and value I would stay elsewhere next time.

Comments