Windsor Hotel

52 Armagh Street, Christchurch, Christchurch-Canterbury, New Zealand

Good For No Data
  • Valedictory

Like other postings about the Windsor I am saddened by its demolition. I was greatly relieved when I learned Carol,Donald and staff and guests escaped injury. I stayed there twice.And hoped to stay their again this year. I remember my first visit throuigh the door. It felt like my childhood visits to my aunt in Bournemouth. Solid wood bannisters, richly red carpets and a friendly kiwi welcome. I instantly warmed to all the staff there. I was given a store of good travel advice. All proved ideal for me. And the guests too. Scientists, or so they seemed to my eye, eating hearty breakfast in preparation for their Antarctic exploration. I do hope all those who worked there have found other employment. It's a testament to the stoic nature of all residents of Christchurch that they have quietly got on with their lives. I shall visit again. Thanks for making my stay such a happy one. I shall miss the Windsor people very much indeed. Pete

• baweibel's Profile Photo

Both Thumbs Up - I Loved This Place!

I love this place! I am traveling round-the-world and have stayed in everything from real dumps to 5 star resorts and the Windsor was one of my favorite places. Great management/staff. A complete and personalized tour of the entire place upon arrival. Spotless rooms, and the shared bathrooms were not too onerous because separate washbasin, shower, bath, and toilet rooms (also spotless) are lined up down the hall just across from the rooms. There's even a fluffy robe provided so you don't have to get dressed for middle-of-the-night bathroom visits. The common lounge is cozy and very comfortable, whether you're just vegging in front of the TV or surfing the Internet. I struck up interesting conversations with fellow guests here each night. Windsor serves a great breakfast that included, in addition to regular breakfast fare, fresh fruit, granola and oatmeal that suited my vegetarian tastes. On the day I left I had an early morning flight and could not make the breakfast, so they made me an incredible snack pack for the flight. Windsor Hotel is ideally located in the city center ( just three or four blocks to Cathedral Square) and, even better, it is affordably priced.

Unique Quality: It was spotlessly clean and I was made to feel like family from the moment I set foot inside the hotel.

Directions: Right in the city center, three or four blocks form Cathedral Square

• FOotFetish's Profile Photo

Christchurch's better deal on hotel

Fully bed and breakfast hotel. Run by this very nice lady who will orientate you upon your arrival. Breakfast is the typical english type. Bed's very comfy and toilets are shared and very cleaned. Towels are provided daily and regular room cleaning service too. 24 hour coffee and tea supply. TV common lounge.

Unique Quality: The lady owner ensured I got a breakie pack before I left for the airport at 5am in the morning. How sweet she is!

• rozehill's Profile Photo

B and B

Windsor Hotel is one of New Zealand's leading bed and breakfast hotels located in the heart of Christchurch.

They offer traditional B & B guesthouse accommodation and their rates include an English-style cooked breakfast.

Comments