Middle Park Motel

Middle Park Motel
Agoda.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Blenheim

The ducksThe ducks

Wine as far as the eye can seeWine as far as the eye can see

up the ladder...up the ladder...

River Queen Paddle BoatRiver Queen Paddle Boat

Travel Tips for Blenheim

River Queen

by rozehill

Sailing down the river on the River Queen boat.
Her basic design is a couple of hundred years old but this one is brand new, just a copy. Recently launched in Blenheim(2003).
You can experience the beauty and tranquility of the Opawa River as you cruise (and dine) in style and comfort.
When not cruising the bar service is available on the dockside at the Riverside Par $19 an adult

Blenheim - From My Travel Journal

by RavPadfoot

"Blenheim"

I took a bus to Blenheim & arrived minutes before my wine tour was to start. I hopped on the van & the driver Bob introduced himself. The Aussies then introduced themselves. They are originally from Victoria, 1/2 way between Melbourne & the border north but are currently living on a small island in the Northern Territories with 240 people, only 6 who aren't aborigines. They're teaching the kids English & there is a law there that forbids alcohol so they sneak it sometimes and call it 'medicine'. We went to four wineries; Framingham, Saint Clair, Cloudy Bay and Mud House. I liked Framingham and Saint Clair the best and we were lucky that Bob took us to Saint Clair as it's not on the usual tour. Cloudy Bay was a little too pricey and I didn't like Mud House's pretention at all. Boby also took us to a distillery where i had Butterscotch Schnapps. Omigod, yum! After restraining myself with the wine I broke down with the butterscotch. Yum yum yum. The wine tour is definitely a highlight as was the ferry ride. The weather couldn't have been more perfect either. Fabulous!

"More pictures of my wine tour in Blenheim"

Saint Clair: Our driver took us to this winery in addition to his regular route. This winery had a warm, cozy atmosphere and is definitely worth a stop if your driver has time. While at Saint Clair, we also went into a shop that sold jams and preserves. Each jam flavor was available for sampling and I ended up with a Kiwifruit jar.

"Picture of vineyards"

As delicious as the wines were, I was equally drawn to the beauty outdoors. Being July, the vineyards were bare but the endless rows of posts told their own story of what transpires come the spring.

"Mud House"

Mud House prides itself on where its wine is served. It's currently the wine of choice of the luxury liner The Queen Mary.

I wrote down the wines that I particularily enjoyed at this winery:
Mud House Sauvignon Blanc 2003