571 George Street, Dunedin, New Zealand
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Bluestone on George

Just about perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member jjw5131

I just don't have enough superlatives to describe my stay at Bluestone on George. I too found it via TripAdvisor, and I'm so glad I did. It was rather cold and rainy while I was in Dunedin, so I was so happy to be able to come back to a cozy and comfortable room with all the necessary amenities. Even the bathroom floor was heated! The location is great - very close to the Otago Museum, but is tucked in from George Street, so you have a bit more distance from the traffic (not that there is that much to begin with). I recommend this property without reservation - I know fellow travelers won't be disappointed.

Head and Shoulders above any other accommodation in Dunedin

by TripAdvisor Member 247Travel

Don't bother booking anywhere else! This is great accommodation.

All units are very modern and spotless. The beds are great and it is located up a driveway from the road so is very quiet.

The staff are excellent and really want you to enjoy yourself. They have great knowledge of the area and are committed to helping you get to know everything that Dunedin has to offer. I'm always suprised by Dunedin - I think it has much more to offer than Christchurch and the locals are really genuine and down to earth.

The only problem with the Bluestone? It's always booked out so book early :)

modern comfort

by TripAdvisor Member ElRon29

We were very pleased with the accommodations. Modern, clean, quiet. Although we didn't need them, the kitchen facilities could be very helpful since there are so many take-away restaurants close-by. It was also extremely convenient since we were visiting my daughter who is studying at the University.

really good accommodation, no motellus domesticus

by TripAdvisor Member mr_gimlet13

Fantastic apartment property near the university, and a ten to fifteen minute walk from the Octagon down George Street through the ethnic restaurant belt and five minutes from Fix for serious coffee.

Their online booking engine is great for playing with dates, room options etc.

My only adverse comment was that the room was very warm and their is no aircon/ temperature control - in October we were sleeping with the window open.

The driveway up to the hotel entrance from George is very steep - it would be difficult for those who were less firm on their feet and not driving.

Heavenly Spa Bath

by TripAdvisor Member scotwal14

Even having read very good reviews of Bluestone we were still pleasantly surprised. The room was lovely - modern yet still warm and comfortable, and had a great view of Dunedin from the balcony. The staff were very pleasant, they even waived the few phone calls we made from our room-phone. The best thing about Bluestone however was the spa bath. I always try to stay places with a spa bath, so have encountered quite a few, but this one was the nicest by far. It fit two people stretched fully out with ease - it was such a nice, relaxing touch. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Modern Luxury

by TripAdvisor Member RRR_8

A perfect place to end our South Island experience, the hotel was easily the best we stayed at throughout the holiday and is a prime example of how new developments should be. The room had a well appointed kitchenette, great spa, comfortable bed and an ample balcony. The staff were always helpful and friendly.

Trip Advisor Was Correct

by TripAdvisor Member wabanrail

We chose Bluestone on George because of the great reviews on the TripAdvisor site. We were not disappointed.
Neville and Sandra are wonderful hosts. The room is equipped with the most modern conveniences (though no air conditioning).
Location is within easy walking distance of restaurants and attractions, yet is in a quiet part of town. A nice touch is free access to a computer for those not lugging a laptop.

very nice place

by TripAdvisor Member lindsle1

What a nice place to stay. Great amenities, like wine glasses and washer. Mini apartments that are in great shape, with very helpful management and a good location. The managers would give us suggestions and help map things for us, and there was a book where guests recorded their restaurant experiences, which was also very helpful. Only problem for some would be the steep driveway, if you are walking up and don't have a car.

One of the best

by TripAdvisor Member THEPOW

Modern, clean, central location, easy access with free parking, luxury appointments, good value, friendly and helpful staff - just a few thoughts which come to mind relative to this property. We only could stay one night but wished we had time to stay longer. It's a fairly new property and well maintained.
Very pleasant stay!

Great room and fab location!

by TripAdvisor Member teenachris

We loved our 2 nights at the Bluestone. It's only been open 20 months and the room was furnished with all the best furnishings. The spa bath tub is excellent, my husband's feet just touched the end of the tub. All the fine touches made to this room made us feel like all things about our comfort and stay were considered.

The hotel is on a main street just out of the shopping district so we had an easy walk from the hotel to restaurants and shopping.

Loved our time here.

Yellow-eyed penguins' beachYellow-eyed penguins' beach

Baldwin Street - Dunedin - NZBaldwin Street - Dunedin - NZ