7 Melbourne Street, Queenstown, 9348, New Zealand
Hotels.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

More about Queenstown

port hole viewport hole view

WinniesWinnies

Roast lambRoast lamb

Road to CardronaRoad to Cardrona

Has anyone ever been to a wedding at Chapel by the lake- Queenstown???

by Engagedlady

I'm thinking of getting married at Chapel by the lake and then Stone ridge Estate for the reception in Queenstown, but I live in Australia and won't be able to see it before I get married there, so any feedback would be great! Thanks so much :)

by swissfondue

I haven't been to a wedding there but know the location and it is very scenic and close to Queenstown. Were you thinking of a summer or winter wedding? I think the venue would be at its best in Summer/Early Autumn.

by Engagedlady

Well, I am thinking end of march/start of April. I have heard that it is greener in April which is what I want, is that what you think? Also, would there be gardens with flowers in April?
Thanks heaps for your help. :)

by swissfondue

I was in Queenstown mid April and I dont remember seeing a lot of flowers and it was quite cool as well. Maybe March would be more temperate. Its a mountainous cool climate area so should be relatively green all year round except in the height of summer.

Has anyone ever been to a wedding at Chapel by the lake- Queenstown???

by kiwi

I'll be there tomorrow, I'll take photos for you. OK it won't be March / April, but you'll get an idea of the setting.
March/April can be dry if the summer is dry, or it can be starting to green up if it's been raining. The Chapel and Stoneridge seem to do ok to keep their lawns green for weddings. Maybe they irrigate.

Travel Tips for Queenstown

Not a big town.

by kiwi

Queenstown is relatively small, especially the main downtown area. In fact there isn't much room there for a big town. But it's friendly, cosey and quite easy to walk around.
On the edge of the lake and nestled under the mountains, it must start expanding up the valleys and away from the town. This means Queenstown as it is probably won't change much with progress.
The Lake has been known to flood and encompass the town, causing big problems and massive damage, but it always bounces back and seems to live on. This doesn't happen often, I might add! Kiwis often say it's crowded (with tourists, LOL) and too busy, but really by international standards, Queenstown is small and compact.

I forgot my gloves!

by worldkiwi

I forgot to pack my gloves and I regretted it in the early morning in Queenstown. I was there in autumn (April), so imagine what it's like in July - the middle of winter! Beacause of the cold, make sure you have a spare set of batteries for your camera. They die quicker in colder climates. You can get them in Q'town, and they're not much more expensive than you would pay elsewhere, but if you got stuck in the middle of some scenic beauty spot in the middle of nowhere without a spare set, you would be cursing!

I have reached the bottom

by grets

When I stop bouncing and am lowered into the boat, I am quite disappointed that it is all over, I want to continue to bounce around for a bit.

The inflatable raft holds out a long pole for you to grab, then they take your hand and them men on the bridge lower the rope so that you land in the boat.

The FERGBurger

by dmirebella

Not really such an Off beaten activity unless one takes eating as a sport .. but then again .. it IS!

Now - the Fergburger from what I gather is a well known institution to the locals - McD's - it aint. Simply put - its a HUGE HUGE quarter pounder lavished with tons of relish, tomato, lettuce, aioli and depending on what type of Ferg you want - other 'added' extras as well.

The Big Al is THE burger to have from what I gather but I didnt dare try it myself.. its wayyy to large!

To locate - goto the KFC in town, go across into the alleyway opposite and go for it.

Open 12 noon - 5 am everyday

Skyline Restaurant

by vincentf

A scrumptous buffet dinner atop Bob's Peak giving you a panoramic view of Queenstown. It offers lamb and roast beef with local Maori cuisine. We chose the gondola + buffet dinner for NZ$64/person. The lamb, roast beef and smoked salmon tasted very good.

Comments