Novotel Queenstown Lakeside

kiwi's Profile Photo

Perfect location, Great Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 19, 2014

I spent 4 days at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was modern and very clean and tidy, with a nice view of the lake. I had a small balcony with two outdoor chairs. The room had coffee making facilities and a refridgerator with a minibar.
The wifi was fine and overall the room was very comfortable.
The hotel is lakeside, and probably the closest hotel to the restaurants and bars downtown Queenstown.
There is a nice grassy area between hotel wings, with lovely rose gardens, you can walk through to the lake beach. A nice bar area to sit protected from the sometimes vicious weather, and a very good and pleasant restaurant for a lovely meal.
I will and have already recommended this hotel to friends.

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now, and will continue to return. It's location and good service make it my favourite. Especially for the times I visit alone, I can walk to restaurants and shops.

Unique Quality: The food in the restaurant was top class. Food and presentation were quite fine dining, to my surprise. I strongly recommend the hotel restaurant, but it is more cost than say a cafe.

Directions: Lakeside, downtown Queenstown.

ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Right on the Water

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 26, 2008

For the most part, we tried our best to stay in locations where we were able to utilize our hotel stay points, however at the time, we did not have an option in Queenstown, so we went with the best available rate which turned out to be the Novotel. Originally, we were only booked for one room with two double beds, which turned out to be plenty of room for the four of us. Upon check-in we asked if there was any trouble with four instead of two, and they asked us to pay an additional $10 NZD per night for the towels, etc. We said fine to that and were on our way. The room we were assigned was located on the ground floor, and it had outside access to the walking trail that was located directly behind the hotel. From here, you could walk easily down to the local gardens, or out to the Marine Parade street where there were several kiosk type vendors as well as a couple sit down restaurants. Overall, Queenstown is a highly walkable city, so I would recommend making use of your legs from this hotel rather than trying to navigate with a car.
The bed and facilities were very comfortable, and I would definitely stay here again if our travels bring us back to NZ!

Nearby Novotel Queenstown Lakeside

Novotel Queenstown Lakeside

• Queenstown Novotel
  • Novotel Gardens Queenstown
  • Novotel Queenstown Lakeside Hotel Queenstown

Address: Corner Earl Street and Marine Parade, Queenstown, South Island, 9197, New Zealand

5 Photos of Novotel Queenstown Lakeside

• Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Queenstown Travel Forum

Need advice about Queenstown, New Zealand? Visit the Travel Forum for Queenstown and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Queenstown hotel reviews