3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• mandt0413's Profile Photo

Oaks was great

Stayed for 7 nights in winter. Having read the reviews about cleanliness we struggled to find any issues with this accommodation. Booked a 3 bedroom apartment and it was exceptional. Good heating and very clean. Serviced each day without issue. To say the only issue was a creaking door in much need of adjustment, is clearly an indication of how good our stay was in the extreme. We are always keen to ensure our accommodation is without problem and the Oaks Shores met our expectations. Parking was a little problematic if returning late but at least it was off street and beyond the control of management. Worthy of using this accommodation and will return.

Unique Quality: Great heating, views and facilities

More about Oaks Shores

Oak Shores was amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member AvidTravler123

Oak Shores apartments was a highlight spot in where my family and I stayed while in New Zealand. Since Queenstown was one of the last stops we made on our 2 week trip of New Zealand, we really wanted to finally unwined for the 3 days we stayed at Oak Shores, and thats exactly what we got!

Our room had an amazing Lake View, and I loved the heated floors in the bathroom and the heated blankets! It was nice to finally not have to eat out every morning, afternoon, and evning, and we got to spend some quality family time without having a large tab.
The only thing I didnt like was the staff, they were very misinformed. The first day we asked where was the nearest, cheapiest grocery store and the man replyed it was a 15 minute walk into town.
The walk itself was 35 minutes and it turns out he led us to the most expensive store, Alpine Mart rather then New World, which is much cheapier as my mother and I have heard.
Otherwise our stay was delightful, it was almost like we were home agian!

I had no problem with doing my own dishes (i dont know why people give this hotel bad reviews because they do not regulary clean, it is not a hotel, but apartments) and it was nice doing the laundrey.

I would higly recomed this place!

perfect choice

by TripAdvisor Member Toowoombatourist

My husband and I stayed at Oaks Shores in mid October for two nights . I had researched our accomodation before our trip so had quite high expectations due largely to the reviews on this site. We were not disappointed!! From the minute you walk into the room and see the lake and the mountains from the spacious balcony , you cannot help but be impressed and ecstatic with your choice!! Then you notice the actual room! Much, much more than you usually expect - 2 flat screen tv's, fully equipped kitchen, fireplace gorgeous decor, good quality linen and towels..If you don't have access to a car , the one problem with this property maybe is it's distance from town - it would be a good 15 minutes walk to the centre of Queenstown. So if you're planning a driving holiday of NZ consider this place for a few nights of luxury which won't break the bank. Here you get the best of both worlds - a spectacular view and a spectacular room!

Best hotel on our holiday

by TripAdvisor Member TJ-7

Oak Shores was the best place we stayed in during the five weeks we were in New Zealand. The one bedroomed apartment we had for two days had fabulous views across the lake to the mountains, and was furnished and equipped to the highest levels. We couldn't fault it in any way.

It is a scenic thirty minutes walk along the lake side to the centre of town.

The restaurant attached to the hotel provides excellent meals in the dining room and a take away service.

I almost didn't write this review as I want to be able to stay there again on next visit.

top views

by TripAdvisor Member jcbjim

had a great 3 night stay here, very big penthouse apartment overlooking the lake, fully equiped kitchen including washer and dryer and very large lounge and terrace. but bathroom was on the small side. although its a long way out of town and quite expensive but worth it

Great View, luxury affordable

by TripAdvisor Member janefromcairns

Fabulous views from very nice brand new 2 bedroom appartment. I could live here. has everything you need . these were for sale for 1.4 million $nzd... so you can imagine they are very very nice !!. fire, plasma tvs, seperate bathrooms, niec balcony, great kitchen and laundry, big dinning table and lounge.
really great views. well recommended at a great price.

Superb!

by TripAdvisor Member wickpayne

This place was fabulous. I always rely on the Tripadvisor reviews but have never written one before. I thought now was the time to start.Entering the apartment really gave me the wow factor.

Firstly we were upgraded from a 1 bed apt. to a 2 bed apt. It was incredibly spacious and meant my partner and I had a bathroom each. The bathrooms themselves were relatively compact but more than functional and in modern decor with the rest of the apartment. This didn't take away from the beauty and luxury of the apt. itself. The place is fully equipt even down to place mats for the dinner table and laundry powder. The place really lives up to the photo's on the website.

They don't clean the apartment while you're there or change your towels but the key is in the fact that it is an apartment rather than a hotel. It didn't bother us at all.

The lakeside walk into town is lovely although 35 mins is a fair estimate.

Wardrobe space was minimal, so could upset some. Likewise, if you go in ski season, there isn't really a coat hook for wet ski jackets etc in the apartment. These last points, unless you're ready to pick holes, are really not an issue.

Amazing Lake Views, Outstanding Value--Hope It Lasts

by TripAdvisor Member FrancisUrquhart

We stayed for 9 days in a penthouse one-bedroom unserviced apartment for approximately USD 89 per night. This was late Spring in NZ before the summer tourist rush and after ski season. The property had also just opened so I doubt that these low rates will be around in future years. We booked through [----], which I would highly recommend to U.S.-based travelers looking for good value accommodation in Australian and New Zealand. I would go back to the Oaks Shores in a heartbeat, even at 25 percent more.

The staff were friendly and efficient. Service, as in most serviced apartments was minimal, but what was provided was good. All the common areas were kept immaculate. The views from our apartment overlooking the lake were stunning. It was a joy to wake up each morning and throw open the french doors to let in all the clean, crisp alpine air and to walk out on our enormous terrace to watch sunshine dance on the lake. Since the complex had been open only a few months everything was brand new. The apartment complex sits right on the very busy main Frankton Road but we never heard any traffic noise whatsoever as all the apartments are built into the steep hillside and face the lake.

The apartments were furnished in a very appealing contemporary style with rich browns and blacks that seemed to fit right in with the alpine environment. The apartment had a separate bedroom with doors that closed to main living/dining/kitchen area. The entire wall facing the lake was made of glass, so you had a tremendous feeling of spaciousness and beauty. We had two flat panel TVs (one over the gas fireplace, which made for extremely cozy evenings and even brightened up our two days of downpours) and one in the bedroom. Our apartment also had a DVD player. The bathroom was small by luxury hotel standards, as some others have mentioned, but it was perfectly acceptable, so that's a very minor quibble for some. Certainly not for us. The washer and dryer in the apartment were full-size and did a great job which was wonderful for us since we'd been traveling for two weeks prior to our stay there.

Our apartment had a full kitchen, so we were able to prepare breakfast, some lunches, and all our dinners, which really made this a much more affordable and comfortable option than staying in a hotel. The only downside for some might be the relatively long walk to town and the grocery store. Alternatively, you can rent a car for your entire stay but then that will detract from the outstanding value that the Oaks Shores currently offers. We walked into town each day along a lake shore path amid a canopy of pine and other native trees. It was a flat walk and an extremely pleasant and invigorating 25 minute journey. Because the path hugged the lake shore we never heard any car noise and felt as if we were hiking in the woods each day.

As I say we would go back in a heartbeat for USD 89 per night but I doubt that those introductory rates will last once this wonderful property becomes better known. I imagine that during the summer high season or ski season they will charge twice or perhaps three times the rate we paid.

Luxurious apartment!

by TripAdvisor Member Birdie07

We were amazed when we walked into our apartment - the view was stunning! The lounge room had a huge bay window and the dining room opened up to a large verandah... Our view was panoramic. The apartment itself was luxurious and we were very impressed.

The staff do let the property down a little though. On the second day I phoned reception to ask for more washing powder as it hadn't been refilled in our service, and copped an earful about how we hadn't even paid for a service. My voucher clearly stated that a service was included so I was a bit shocked...

Never the less we had a great time and would recommend this property for the view and quality alone...

WOW! What a gem!

by TripAdvisor Member Jewelshamanaptra

Stayed here for one night in February, BOY did we wish we could have stayed longer!

We had a Delux apartment (505) booked via Wotif.com and saved $100 off the normal tariff. It was just fantastic! A real Film Star pad. Very high tech kitchen and fabulous bathroom. The lounge was beautiful with panoramic windows and a huge patio area with table. It also had a separate laundry room.

The view across the Remarkable Mountians is just breath taking. I would almost certainly stay here again, infact I wouldn't mind staying permanently!

All I can say is WOW! Just fabulous!

Comments