Queenstown Motel Apartments

See Travelers Recommended Hotels

Tags

Business Travel Adventure Travel
See Amenities

Sad end to otherwise good stay

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 29, 2006

I stayed in this motel for four nights while attending a conference in Queenstown. I arrived on a wet, stormy evening and was immediately shown to my room by a helpful, engaging young lady, who explained the motel's green principles and amenities very clearly. I was very impressed with the place.

Unfortunately, my experience was completely spoiled by a single incidence of appalling customer service. On the day I checked out, at 10am, I booked a shuttle to the airport that afternoon.

When I returned, I picked up my bags and waited for the shuttle outside. 15 minutes after pickup time the shuttle had not arrived and I was getting worried, so I asked for a cab to be rung. The owner was very huffy and said the shuttle was unreliable now that it had new owners, who the motel owners preferred not to patronise. She had not at any time told me of alleged problems with the shuttle, just recommended a cab instead. I walked out to find the shuttle in the car park. I ran back in to tell the lady this. She huffed again and said I had to get the taxi. I said I was late and the shuttle had loaded my bags. I got into the shuttle and the lady *ran out of the office*, accosted the driver and demanded I get out and take the cab instead.

Needless to say I was gobsmacked. I did take the cab. I checked in, in time, and then found my camera was missing. I think it is fair to say I wouldn't have lost my camera had I been less flustered and distressed. Fortunately, the taxi company found my camera, but by now I had to board. I spent nearly double the price of the shuttle on the cab, and now also have to pay for my camera's return. Unfortunately, I can no longer recommend this motel. I do hope however that the owners work on their customer service skills and make their motel into the wonderful place it should be.

Unique Quality: At the time I visited, the motel had obviously been recently refurbished. I was impressed by the commitment to green principles without sacrificing a contemporary luxurious look. The kitchenette has built-in recycling bins, in a pull-out drawer, all the lamps use long-life bulbs and in the bathroom, they use liquid soap (to avoid waste) and encourage guests to dry and reuse their towels on the heated rail. There is actually a bath, which is unusual in motel accommodation.

The room was very attractive and spacious. While there isn't really a view from the room, all you have to do is step out on the balcony to look directly at the lake and the mountains. The views are really stunning.

The room remained immaculately clean during my stay. Beautiful white towels, nicely folded and presented, in the bathroom, plenty of hot water, and a nice powerful shower above the bath. The motel is fairly close to town.

Nearby Queenstown Motel Apartments

• Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Queenstown Travel Forum

Need advice about Queenstown, New Zealand? Visit the Travel Forum for Queenstown and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Queenstown hotel reviews

Les Alpes
Latin flavour
Joes
Restaurants
Go to Dudley's Cottage in Arrowtown to Gold Pan!
Things to Do
Visit the Bungy Centre even if you don't jump.
IVY&LOLA
Glaciers
The height, the view
Good family fun
Thrill seeking!
Things to Do
A sense of beauty and nature
Off The Beaten Path
Amazing sense of relaxation amongst the Thrills
Jet Boat Adventure
Things to Do
Good food with friendly service.
A Popular Kiwi Pub
Load your Adrenaline
Things to Do
Sit and watch the world go by
Two Ways to Get around in Queenstown by Bus