Thomas's Hotel on the Waterfront

Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Tags

Budget Travel Study Abroad Backpacking
Robdaz's Profile Photo

Great location, poor facilities.

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 19, 2006

Thomas's Hotel has probably one of the best loaction in Queenstown just a few metres from the waterfront. It is a very old hotel and could do with a much needed renovation. The failicities was very basic .

Oh ya! There really is a resident cat named Thomas who has been there for about 15 years I'm told by the receptionist.

Unique Quality: When we did our booking we were promised a lake view but was not informed that it would be over a public toilet facilities across a park next door and we have to strech our neck out the window to see it, so a big disappointment here. Since we were only there for a night we did not make too much of a fuss. I think you can guess the chances of us staying here again.

Good choice, perfect location, neat cat!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 3, 2004

There is plenty of accommodation in Queenstown, from budget to exquisite. During high season, make sure you book in advance as it is not uncommon to have to face a “no vacancy” sign.

I stayed at this Thomas's hotel in two different occasions and do not regret my decision. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I left a substancial part of my heavy load there while going for a five-day hike and they did not object at all! Also, you get to meet Thomas, the fine cat after which the hotel is named :)
At last, as you step out of the hotel, the view you have is the one on this picture!

Unique Quality: This hotel is very few steps from the sublime waterfront.

Directions: Waterfront

1 Photo of Thomas's Hotel on the Waterfront

Queenstown Travel Forum

Need advice about Queenstown, New Zealand? Visit the Travel Forum for Queenstown and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Queenstown hotel reviews