Jacksons Parade, Port Moresby, 121, Papua New Guinea

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Hotel Airways

4 star: swimming pool and restaurant with great view over airport and surrounding hills.

Unique Quality: Lively bar with local customers below restaurant. Has good music, good beer and good billiards players.

Tip: Share a pitcher with them. They usually return the favor.

More about Airways Hotel

Airways Hotel The best in Port Moresby

by Dirk64 about AIRWAYS HOTEL

Very good hotel, excellent food, try the all you can eat buffet for dinner daily !! very friendly service and everytime cold beer.. excellent clean pool, outstanding view overlooking the hills...try the Balus Bar !!

Accommodation in Alotau

by carolerica about Alotau International Hotel

I stayed at Alotau's International hotel, belonging to the same group as "Airways Hotel" in Port Moresby, but not as modern and cozy.
The rooms are spacious yet simple.
The hotel is situated on the sea, so you have direct access to the beach.
There is also a small sweeming pool.
You can rent a traditional "canoe" at the front desk, with or without a man who will paddle it for you. The best time is at sunset! A magical moment well-worth the money that I strongly recommand!
Their is a dive center run by very friendly Japanese people.

Accommodation in Port Moresby

by carolerica about different hotels

I first stayed in the Holiday Inn, but besides the fact that it's getting old, not having an appealing swimming-pool, rooms being very humid, it was also quite expansive.

I did not check out the Crown Plaza, which is set in the middle of town, but it is also very expensive.

I had a wonderful deal at Airways Hotel, AND I STRONGLY RECOMMAND IT. There is an amazing view over the airport (don't worry, it's really not at all noisy), great comfortable executive rooms (with mini kitchenette, Jacuzzi) or one bedroom apartments (fully equipped kitchen, washing and drying machines, Jacuzzi), great pool...
You can deal it for USD 100/night with breakfast and 15% discount on pone bills, business center bills and restauration! It's really the best place in town! A bit far from central town though...

If you want a comfortable stay in Port Moresby.

by Mark_24 about Airways Hotel

I never had the need to stay in a Hotel but on occasion I would come to Airways to eat at the restaurant or drink and play 8 ball in the Nightclub. Also this is where the Dive Centre is located if you want to have Scuba diving trips organised for you. They have a nice swimming pool right next to the open restaurant. It is a safe place to stay and will most likely be the Hotel you stay in if your over nighting in Port Moresby. It's located less then 5 minutes from the airport. Good swimming pool, it overlooks the runway, the nightclub is good, the employees are friendly, The Dive Centre is located right near the pool and it's safe!

I can't tell you much about the actual accomodation and prices because I never needed to stay here but just on appearence alone, the place looks really good!

Airways Hotel Port MoresbyAirways Hotel Port Moresby

Ela Beach or Airways

Hi,

i will be away ón business in Port Moresby at the beginning of June.
I have to stay in PM for a week. After all I found out, the choice for me is the Airways Hotel or the Ela Beach Hotel.

I love to have a couple of beers and good food after work,relaxing at the Beach and may be some girls to look ( only look !! ) Any recommendations regarding the hotel ?

Many thanks for replies and all the best from Germany

RE: Ela Beach or Airways

by Mauswara

Ela Beach is closer to downtown, but don't expect Waikiki Beach with turquoise water, babes in bikinis, and kiosks selling ubmrella drinks. You won't find women (or anyone really) hanging out at the actual beach, and it's not like you can really go for a casual stroll after supper (too dangerous). I wouldn't consider proximity to the beach too much of a benefit. On the other hand, Ela Beach does have a bar/club that was pretty happening when I was there a few years ago, and it's fairly close to other places to go eat/drink, etc.

Airways is pretty comfy and secure. A bit of a drive to downtown Moresby, but might be convenient if your business is in Boroko or somewhere like that. Airways has a pretty laid-back feel to it -- nice bar with a view and a pool. If it were me, I think I would stay out at the Airways.

Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply. What kind of places are around Ela Beach Hotel ? You mentioned there are some places to eat and drink ?

Best regards from Germany

by Mauswara

Hi Dirk,

Actually, now that I think about it, I can't recall too many specifics. We used to drive to downtown Moresby from Boroka (out near the airport) for pizza -- I think that was actually at the Ela Beach hotel (or very near). I was also thinking of the Travelodge in downtown Moresby which is safe and has a decent restaurant and bar. Travelodge also sometimes shows movies. More generally, though, Ela Beach is right downtown, which means that during day light hours at least, there are shops and cafes/bars and things to explore by foot (unlike the Airways where you have to drive to get anywhere).

We need some input from someone who's been there recently than me, but I still say that if I were to have a couple nights to spend in Moresby and my choices were Airways or Ela Beach, I'd go with Ela Beach.

Hi.

finally I made my decision for the "Airways Hotel". I will fly off next week, and after my return I will let you know about the Airways.

Until then

by Dirk64

So I survived PNG...the choice for the AIRWAYS Hotel was the right one. Excellent Hotel great food and very nice people.Big recommendation.

Port Moresby remains very dangerous