New Georgia Hotels

• minstrel74 profile photo minstrel74
  • Reviews: 68

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Agnes Lodge: Pleasant place to stay in Munda

Although this was not my first choice of accomodation in Munda (my first choice was unattended when I arrived), I'm really glad I stayed here. Agnes Lodge has different types of accomodation depending on how comfortable you want to be, how much privacy you want, and how much you're willing to pay. I chose to stay in the backpackers' wing in dorm rooms for a reduced rate, which worked out perfectly since I was the only backpacker around at the time. While I was here, I was able to arrange short trips to the surrounding area with assistance from the staff and get reliable information for when I wanted to strike out on my own. I was very pleased with the attached restaurant and found this a very pleasant place to relax in the evenings. The village children also seemed to enjoy hanging around here, and I took tons of photos of them in the front yard of the property.

Agnes Lodge is unique for its variety of accomodations and facilities. If you are willing to pay top price for privacy and space, you can. If you're a grubby backpacker looking for a cheap bed, they can do that, too. The restaurant is pretty good and this is also a fantastic spot to arrange excursions to the surrounding area, including to Skull Island. I booked a wonderful jungle walk through the lodge and was very pleased. But best of all, the lodge is situated right on the edge of the lagoon near Munda wharf. The ambience at night is indescribably beautiful and peaceful, just like the South Pacific of your dreams.

• Opinion of Price: N/A