3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Fafa Island Resort

Fafa island resort

by AyurinHiro about Fafa island resort

Very native bungalows made us very happy. The island has many many beautiful flowers and you can enjoy snorkeling and canoeing. Only 10-15 minutes to walk around the whole island, and only about 10-30 tourists are staying. You can enjoy very comfortable days.

Boring

by go_ahead71 about Fafa Island Resort

Wonderful island, good place to go snorkelling and swim. But we would suggest to stay there no more than 1 night. In case of rain, is really boring. The vivacity of Tongatapu is definitely better. Nice lagoon and beaches.

by Brian1 about Fafa Island Resort

Relaxed atmosphere, fantastic seafood, isolated - only 16 fales (huts) on island, so not very many people and no crowded beaches. Plenty of privacy.

Peace and Tranquility

by easterntrekker about Fafa Island Resort

We didn't stay there but we talked to people who did and we had a look at their rooms. The bungalows or fales are built in tradition style and materials and with an open air bathroom . They have a hammock , beach chairs and ceiling fans.They are quite lovely and spa like. Each one is in its own private area with beach front.

A couple of nights would be enough for me , and this couple said they were ready to leave after that too . It depends on how much time you need to unwind I think . Its pretty quiet!

ACCOMMODATION

Single, Double & Twin: $194; Extra Person: $43

MEALPLAN
Fullboard
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, free Coffee and Tea, per Person $US65.

Island Hopping from Fafa Island Resort

by AyurinHiro

"Island Hopping Tour"

Fafa Island Resort will offer you an island hopping tour every day.

small islands around Fafa Island.

going into the sea

very clear!

walking around the small island

fafa island resortfafa island resort

What do you think ok Fafa Island resort?

by rjcrjc

My family will be there for a few days next year...is that one of the better places to stay in Tonga?

Any other suggestions for Tonga would also be appreciated.

by RoadRunnerTaxi

Hi,
what do you define as "better"? They have a website, please check and see if you like it. My personal oppinion: I stayed there a few years ago and it was excellent. We have never heard anything negative about Fafá Island.
RoadRunner

by Jonissa

Malo e le lei,

Firstly let me say GOOD CHOICE!
Staying on Fa Fa is an experience and not your typical style of accomodation.

I have stayed at Fa Fa Island twice now and will be spending New Years weekend there this year. Its a beautiful island and the fales (houses) have been constructed like nothing else I have seen before. The website does not lie. What you see on the web site is what you'll be getting, which was a nice surprise. I highly recommend Fa Fa island to anyone young or old,friends or family. Staff are lovely and are always ready for a laugh. Two tips for Fa Fa Island try one of Vili's Cocktails and one of the many desserts like Creme caramel or chocolate mousse. Also take advantage of a day trip to Malinoa Island.

I do not ( as I can not!)recommend Pangaimotu as accomodation I will however recommend this as a day trip if you are staying in town on a Sunday.

You may also want to check out The Villa on Vuna Road, this is close to wharf's markets, bar's and Restaurants.

Hope this helps. If you need more info just let me know.

Kind Regards

Lisa

by easterntrekker

We were there last year . Its nice for a "few days " but its pretty quiet . Nice beach but you're captured at the resort. I liked staying in town better and taking a run over to Fa Fa for the day.

by jorgblaser

Only heard good things about Fafa. I stayed at sandy beach resort but this is on Hap'ai islands. This is good for diving.

Comments