Blue Pango Motel

rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Motel by the beach.

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 7, 2014

Normally I didn't book any accomodation in advance but in Vanuatu it's a bit different from other country that I've been ..Here, there are not many accomodation to walk around and choose .. if we didn't book any ,and find out later that all the rooms are full ,we have to walk very far or take a bus (that not very frequent) to find another place that might be available, so I need to book some rooms this trip. I like this place cuz it's by the beach ,even I 'll stay only short period but that's alright.I booked it through Hostelbookers that offer good price .I never use their service before but found out that it's quite realiable.
The hotel own by a korean family, his name is Lee Peter Hyup.Before travel ,I need to change the booking date and I had to send email direct to the hotel to change the arrival date and they respond to my email very quickly without problem.The price is 28.21/person so total for 2 = 56.42 AUD. and we had to pay 15% deposit =8.46 AUD to Hostelbookers and pay the rest (47.96) to hotel directly when arrive, but in case that you don't show up ,you won't get that deposit back.
I can choose room type from website so I chose private twin ocean view .The owner can speak english quite well and friendly.I paid in local currency when checked in = 4,250 vatu.There are 2 small beds in the room with refridgerater ,stove ,fan,air- condition, wardrobe and wifi .If you need cooking equipment he can provide you everything ,just ask.There 's no mosquito net for each bed but the window has mosquito wire screen.Toilet is fairly clean,provide 2 towels.In front of each room there's table and chair to sit and relax see the view of the sea.Almost all room has ocean view actually.There are about 6 rooms in a row and at the moment I saw they got 5 rooms occupied.They don't provide any meal in the hostel but there are some restaurant near by that you can walk ,about 10 minutes walk.I'll tell you about this restaurant in restaurant tip.
By the way ,this motel is quite out of town, about 10 km. from airport,located near Breakas beach.To get there..I took a mini bus from airport ,they sent me directly at the signboard of hotel with a little more cost from the normal 100 vatu..To here they asked me 150 vatu which was ok .From the main road we walked about 190 meter to hotel. If you want to get to town ,there's always some mini bus passing by, just wave and tell them where you'll go .It costs very cheap only 100 vatu./person.

Nearby Blue Pango Motel

Amenities at Blue Pango Motel

• Swimming Pool
  • Free Parking

Port-Vila Travel Forum

Need advice about Port-Vila, Vanuatu? Visit the Travel Forum for Port-Vila and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Port-Vila hotel reviews

you cannot escape them
some local houses of Vila
the catholic church of Vila
Things to Do
walk to Vila from the cruiseship
Transportation
Take a taxi from the ship to Town
When you come to Port Vila by cruiseship
Coconut Crab
What a great venue!
EXPLORE CASCADE WATERFALLS and SURROUNDS
Snorkel at Hideaway Island,Rent or Buy Gear Here
Things to Do
You gotta see the markets!
Things to Do
Support Ni-Vanuatu communities and not China!
SAMPLE ISLAND FOOD WITH OCEAN VIEWS
Local church
Best meal I ever had!
Snorkelling
Things to Do
Quality as Cheap as Chips!
The only place to CHILL
Unspoilt & Unsurpassed!
Restaurants
Snorkelling on Hideaway island.
Things to Do
Chinese restaurants are better given a miss.
Restaurants
Sailing a small yacht on Erakor lagoon.
Things to Do
Duck in for a beer at the "Mamu bar".
Restaurants
The Best Seafood in Villa!
expensive but GOOD
Absolutely MUST go here.
Restaurants
Fantastic Venue, not great food. Drinks perhaps?
Beautiful place, SHOCKING service
Lovely View!
Restaurants
Best Pub in town - and possibly the only one.
Very Romantic Little Spot
Restaurants
General info for the first-time traveller
Favorites