Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort

See Hotels with Lower Price

Tags

Business Travel
See Amenities

Slow, untrained staff, awful food, lovely view

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 16, 2010

Chose to have our wedding at Le Lagon - thought reviews were great, they know what they are doing if it happens so often. How wrong I was.
We arrived to find they had no idea of our booking. Had we not been in contact via email (& phone) to the wedding co ordinator? YES!! Finally after 45 mins they 'found' our details. First room - filthy from top to bottom, no towels, bathroom had not been cleaned and if it had, they swept it around the toilet. Separate beds. Obviously could not be our room... tried reception and another 45 mins... another room... much cleaner, noisiest little fridge had to be turned off. Happy to arrive however!
Met with the wedding co ordinator - 30 mins later than scheduled - must run on Vanuatu time ... Shown around the resort, where our wedding we be etc... it looked wonderful. Free of anything intrusive, we were excited.
Food - all you can eat is not what you should eat. Being well travelled I understand different country, different culture, different food. But it was not acceptable - esp of a 4*, a ginger cat & a black cat running around your feet.
Day 2. Lovely massage in the beauty shop on site - pity the lady was sick as a dog, coughing sneezing all over me and my husband to be. It really was lovely and we were exhausted after travelling and greeting family etc so we said nothing. Fools we were. 2 days later I had the same sickness and lost my voice. We cut our honeymoon short as I was so sick and soon gave it to Husband.
7.6 earthquake had us heading up the golf course - apparently these happens 'all the time' so it worried me a little that they had no procedures of safety paths, meetings spots, or alarms or speakers to let us know what to do where to go for the tsunami warning that a chef heard on the radio (yes how very Western'ised of me to expect procedures!)

Day 3. WEDDING DAY
No sleep due to aftershocks - breakfast - food disgusting and sick of chasing staff for a coffee. Notice a half built structure on the beach, timber between where we would be married, and where we would walk to do the cake. Notice a marque on the beach. That is not for my wedding?? I asked the wedding co ordinator - oh they were suppose to build that this afternoon (after my 10am wedding! would that have been so hard to organise??) So it was built and lovely for the wedding the day after...
There should have been a rehersal, we were told no no no need. We had no idea where the 'cheif/ warriors' were going, what the pastor was saying. It was a shame.
Cutting of the cake - My husband and I wanted a glass of water - 'sorry we're serving the people who are paying for drinks'. Charming.
After the wedding in our suite - we had to walk to the bar (room service takes 2hrs, asking for an iron took 4hrs) to ask for a bottle opener for our champers. It was the lady's 'personal' opener, we had to bring it right back... The fruit basket - all brown.

Day 4. Aftershocks put me a devil of a mood. The wedding that day .. their marquee had been every so strategically placed right next to the honeymoon suites. 11.15pm that night i called reception asking if they had been given a time of when to turn down the music (techno no no!). Having no idea - 1am the music went until. For a 'family' resort, it was very poor management.

We charged our 'hens' and 'bucks' day to the first room, we asked to tie it all up before we went into the honeymoon suite - this was obviously far too hard for them, we had another bill come to us at the end of our stay.

The management is non existent, the staff have no training nor do they care by the looks of it. The food was consistently awful, over cooked, tasteless, fatty and oily, I lived on toast & tea. The coffee was even terrible. The backpackers my brother stayed at had better food. Never again Le Lagon. It was like taking a ticket at the deli. Get in, I do, get out...

stevemt's Profile Photo

An Ideal relax and do only what you want to place

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 5, 2006

I had a really relaxing time here, it was comeftable, the deal I got was really good, the food was good, Transport to Port Villa (not very far away really) was cheap, it had it's own beach and a free boat shuttle to the ajoining island which had its own resort on it.

I relaxed and had a ball

Bunnylbj's Profile Photo

Village Type Setting

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2004

My husband and I stayed at Le Lagon for 3 months in a little free-standing bungalow with a porch. Our view included the long pier that extends out into the lagoon and Erakor Island. Although it was convenient to be close to the pool, the noise from the bar turned out to be annoying. We were here on business, working on a television show, and so we should've known better than to stay close to the bar!

Unique Quality: The hotel had basically everything we wanted: pool, kayaking, tennis courts, golf course.They had activities that we noticed a lot of people participated in, like trivia and nightly torch lighting ceremonies. The restaurat was mediocre so we dined out at a lot of local restaurants in town. Staying in the free standing bangalows allowed for some privacy and we also didnt hear any noise from neighbors upstairs or next door.

Directions: Across from Erakor Island, near Panga Point (good surfing)

Nearby Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort

• Continental Breakfast
  • Spa
  • Bar / Lounge

Port-Vila Travel Forum

Need advice about Port-Vila, Vanuatu? Visit the Travel Forum for Port-Vila and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Port-Vila hotel reviews

you cannot escape them
some local houses of Vila
the catholic church of Vila
Things to Do
walk to Vila from the cruiseship
Transportation
Take a taxi from the ship to Town
When you come to Port Vila by cruiseship
Coconut Crab
What a great venue!
EXPLORE CASCADE WATERFALLS and SURROUNDS
Snorkel at Hideaway Island,Rent or Buy Gear Here
Things to Do
You gotta see the markets!
Things to Do
Support Ni-Vanuatu communities and not China!
SAMPLE ISLAND FOOD WITH OCEAN VIEWS
Local church
Best meal I ever had!
Snorkelling
Things to Do
Quality as Cheap as Chips!
The only place to CHILL
Unspoilt & Unsurpassed!
Restaurants
Snorkelling on Hideaway island.
Things to Do
Chinese restaurants are better given a miss.
Restaurants
Sailing a small yacht on Erakor lagoon.
Things to Do
Duck in for a beer at the "Mamu bar".
Restaurants
The Best Seafood in Villa!
expensive but GOOD
Absolutely MUST go here.
Restaurants
Fantastic Venue, not great food. Drinks perhaps?
Beautiful place, SHOCKING service
Lovely View!
Restaurants
Best Pub in town - and possibly the only one.
Very Romantic Little Spot
Restaurants
General info for the first-time traveller
Favorites