Anguilla Hotels

Our Members Say

• Fudgene1 profile photo Fudgene1

Joey Gumbs Apartments: Affordable Luxury Accomodation

When I visit Anguilla I usually stay in a hotel, but as we are in a recession, I needed to rethink about where me and 2 others were to stay this time, so I started looking into Villa/Apartment rental accomodations.

Another friend of mine had stayed in Anguilla and highly recommended 'Joey Gumbs Apartments'. She gave me the address, and I emailed the owner 'Joey'. He was very pleasant to deal with, answered all our questions, sent us pictures of the property and also arranged our car rental for the 3 weeks.

On arrival to Anguilla, we were picked up by 'Joey' from the airport. On the way to the apartments, he dropped us off at the Supermarket so we could purchase food/drinks, and we also stopped at a roadside barbecue grill to get something to take back with us to eat as we had been travelling all day.

On arriving at the apartment, the outside of it it was just as it was in the pictures, but we were very suprised by the inside, as it was huge. It was much bigger than any of the hotels we had stayed in. 'Joey' gave us a tour of the rooms, etc. [The apartments are new, and we were the first to stay on the top floor]

The Apartment had the following:

2 Bedrooms - Double Beds and Built in Wardrobes and Drawers
2 Bathrooms with Sink, Toilet and Shower. [Towels are Provided]
Open Plan - Fully Equipped-Full Size Kitchen, Dining Room and Living Room with a 32" LCD TV with Satellite
Utility Room - Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer, and Wash Tub
2 Balconies - 1 at the Front, and 1 at the Side via the Kitchen

Both Bedrooms have A/C and a Ceiling Fan. [We found that we did not need to use the Celing Fan or A/C as there was such a constant lovely breeze that flowed through the apartment both day and night through the windows. Also, you could leave the doors open to the balconies]

There is a maid service which is optional, but we found that it wasn't necessary to have our apartment cleaned everyday, and were happy to do it ourselves and not pay for this service. [In the utility room, there were cleaning products supplied]

The apartments are located in 'The Copse' in the East End. Its a very quiet, sparsely populated area. There are lots of beaches nearby such as Mimi Bay, Sile Bay, Sandy Hill Bay, Sea Feathers Bay, Long Pond Bay, Savannah Bay, Junks Hole Bay, Stoney Bay, Winward Point Bay, and a short drive to Island Harbour and Shoal Bay East. No place is far in Anguilla, so it does not take long to get to the other beaches in or near the West End of the Island, eg, Meads Bay, Rendevous Bay, The Cove, Barnes Bay, Crocus Bay, etc.

Sometimes we would take the very short 5 min drive to 'Le Bon Pain' Bakery for Breakfast. We would pick up filled baguettes, pastries and hot drinks. This Bakery is the 'Best' on the Island!

I would like to add that the property is very secure and in an extremly safe area. We had no worries at all. Whenever we wanted to find out something, or needed assistance, we would give 'Joey' a call and he was so so helpful. If he didn't have an answer, he would find out, and call you back straightaway. He would also phone us to let is know of events that were taking place on the Island which we were most thankful for, otherwise we would not have known about them. We went to a couple of boat racing, cycling tournaments, and fun days. It was great fun!

All in all, 'Joey Gumbs Apartments' were highly recommended to me, and in turn I am also highly recommending this accomodation and the service that was received. The Apartment was spacious, clean, and well equipped, and the Owner was outstanding. I will be returning to the Island later in the year, and this is where I will be staying. No more overpriced, just a number, hotels for me. I'm now hooked on the more personal touch at a great affordable price. For what we got, I would have been paying thousands more, if I had booked at a hotel.

Give 'Joey Gumbs Apartments' a try. You will not be disappointed.

The Apartment was nicely decorated and was spotless.

The Kitchen was full sized and equipped with a full sized Fridge/Freezer, Microwave, Cooker, Oven, Coffee Maker, Liquidiser, Plates, Bowls, Cutlery, Pots and Frying pan, Glasses, etc

As its a top floor apartment, you can see for miles, and having both balconies is a huge plus, as you can move with the Sun or the shade if you prefer.

The Utility room is another bonus, as you can wash and dry your clothes for the next wear.

Thirdly, the apartment is huge, very spacious so there is plenty of room to move about without bumping into each other.

Lastly, the prices are based on per night and are very reasonable, saving you thousands if you were to book at a hotel/resort or any of the other villas/apartments on the Island.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches
  • Written May 13, 2009

• IBHOOKD profile photo IBHOOKD

Roy's Place: Anguilla's quite retreat

Quiet, accommodations ranged from studio to 2 bedrooms. We had a one bedroom that also had small bath, family room, full kitchen and an outside deck with BBQ Grill. We were 30 yards from the 1/2 Moon Crocus Bay. We were the only people on the beach, snorkeling was good, water is clear and warm. Plus you are only yards away from a full-service bar and restaurant.
The staff at Roy's...well Roy himself plus 2 bartenders were nothing but the best! Very personable and gave us great information about the island. Food was always fresh and hot!

Don't miss the trip to Little Bay - hire the boat taxi just down from Roy's...he will take you and return at designated time to pick you up. This is a great place for photos

Quiet sea side restaurant, bar and accommodations

• Written March 1, 2009

• karenurf37 profile photo karenurf37

The Enclave At Cinnamon Reef: Not forgotten

THis breaks my heart to here what has become of this once great hotel. I have fond memories of going here with my family (early 90's). The beautiful white villas, the grated coconut served with breakfast, even as a kid I recognized what a rare and enchanted place this was. Has no one expressed interest in bringing it back to life?

White beaches, windsurfing, formal but family friendly.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written January 9, 2009

• anguillafan profile photo anguillafan
The Enclave At Cinnamon Reef: Anguilla's most decrepit resort

My first vacation at Cinnamon Reef with my wife was wonderful. This was in September 2001, when the Hauser's owned the resort. However, John and Gloria were in the process of purchasing the hotel and learning the ins-and-outs. I met them, and instantly decided they would be incapable of running a resort- or even a pinball machine, for that matter. The year after, in 2002, my wife and I returned. The exclusivity was wonderful- we were the only guests there. It was immediately apparent that John and Gloria(hereafter, "the Misfits") had run the resort into the ground. However, they assured us everything was alright, and introduced us to the new manager, and 18 year old who they had trained for one day- the day prior to our arrival. The Misfits then collected our payment, and the next day, weighed anchor and fled the island forever, never to be seen here again(this as of Summer '08). The staff was woefully incapable of running the resort, and we actually feared for our safety. We went as far as hiring the former watersports guy, Dickie, to sleep in the vacant bungalow next to us. The fumes from his ceaseless ganja smoking were enough to get both of us a little high. Anyway, fast-forward 6 or so years to today- the resort is in ruin, with many goats running amok, the bank foreclosed on it years ago- but what prompted me to write this silly review is that after looking at the Misfits website, I noticed that the Enclave at Cinnamon Reef is still listed as among their properties! That resort is now owned by goats, and goats alone.

The pool is wonderful, except it's quite cracked, overrun with vines, and has no water in it. The views are great, as most of the ceilings in the bungalows have long since caved in. The artwork is poor, though you'll have to go to the local restaurants to see it, as that's where most of the stolen work ended up. The TV's are very large, and mostly in Anguillan local's homes, along with the beds, linens, silverware, etc. There are prodigious amounts of goats there behaving as caretakers, and eating almost everything in sight. I think the only reason to visit would be if you're interested in hunting or photographing goats.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written July 12, 2008

• BROOKS profile photo BROOKS
  • Reviews: 162

CuisinArt Resort and Spa: #1 Hotel on Anguilla-5 Star Hotel, oh so luxurious

Overall I would say this beautiful, charming, and quaint island will steal your heart away and Cuisinart is the perfect place to stay at.

Cuisinart also had delicious food at their main restaurant, Cafe Med. Everyday I would have a great breakfast there, hang out at the beach, have an amazing lunch, go back to the beach and walk along the beautful and sometimes delsolate shore, then finish off the day with a dip in the pool and hot tub. It was paradise and I can't stress enough how beautful the beaches and water are there. We met many other couples and families who regularly return to the Cuisinart every year and many of them said it is there favorite place in the Carribean. Plan on spending lots of money on food though, it is expensive but well worth it.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Food and Dining, Spa and Resort
  • Written November 7, 2007

CuisinArt, Anguilla, frontal

• Famfour profile photo Famfour
  • Reviews: 4

Rendezvous Bay Hotel and Villas: Loved Rendezvous Bay and Anguilla

We stayed at RBH in a beachfront villa in May 06 for part of our 20th anniversary trip. We loved it!

We prefer small, laid-back, quiet properties, and this was perfect. The room was immaculate and had all the basics. We appreciated the refrigerator and complimentary bottle of water each day. The setting is not over-manicured and has an authentic feel to it.

The food at the restaurant on the property, Cedar Grove, was superb and we loved the small, intimate setting. Some nights after dinner we got drinks and sat on the porch near the community room and art gallery and just enjoyed the warm, convivial atmosphere.

The beach is sooooooo beautiful; the water is warm and incredibly clear, and there were very few people. We had folks in the villa next to us, but dividers between the porches worked well to maintain a feeling of privacy. The beach is great for walking and its not too far to walk down to Bankie Banks Dune Preserve (super fun and funky) for drinks and music; it is just past the Cuisinart resort.

We loved Anguilla. We loved that it is not super-developed; the only US chain we saw any sign of was a Subway shop. (We don’t travel to find same old, same old.) The people are warm and friendly. We drove all over and had no problems. Bart, RBHV Manager, arranged rental of a right-hand driving car, which was delivered to the resort. (We traveled to some “other-side” driving countries last year and having the right-hand drive car, kept my husband oriented.)

In sum, if you like a nice, casual, warm, uncrowded place to stay and not break the bank, the RBH villas are the ticket. The “Garden Rooms” are in need of updating, and are a bit back from the beach, but depending on your budget and expectations, could be just fine too.

Note: There are plans to do a major upgrade of this neat, older resort. If you check the website and click on "Rendezvous Ownership" there is some information of the long-term vision to upgrade and completely change the nature of this property. Certainly parts of this resort are in need of updating (particularly the "Garden Rooms" which are older than the villa in which we stayed), but it looks like the quiet, quaint nature of the resort will change with the move to becoming a luxury destination. It is not clear when these upgrades will occur. The good news is that this property is owned by native Anguillans, so at least islanders are behind this effort. Hopefully it will be sensitively executed.

• Written April 2, 2007

Picture from Villa

• pumarega profile photo pumarega
  • Reviews: 17

Malliouhana Hotel & Spa: The Malliouhana Hotel & Spa

I had stayed in an "Ocean View Double" room at the Malliouhana Hotel during my July 2006 stay. The grounds were nice and well kept. Our room (207) was sunset facing, with an ocean view. The view from our window was un-obstructed.

Service was top notch. Our beds were turned down every night and our rooms were cleaned every time we stepped out. Our bed was very comfortable and we had asked for so many extra pillows we could build a pillow fortress if we wanted to. (we did).

There were no major annoyances. No mosquito issues, (I am allergic to mosquitos) and no noise issues.

If I ever go back to Anguilla I'll probabally be staying here.

The most outstanding characteristic of this Hotel was that the pools were quiet and not crowded. We would spend whole afternoons at the pools and only see 2 or 3 other people.

The views from our room were fantastic. (Room 207) We had unobstructed views of the ocean and the balcony was Westward (Sunset) facing. It was amazing to wake up and open the curtains to our balcony to such a marvelous view.

The hotel restruant was expensive but worth it. The best meal I had there was the salt roasted Snapper. The resturant wine list was top notch and didn't try to gouge on the wine prices.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Water Sports, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort
  • Written July 25, 2006
Tip Photo

The view from our balcony.

• tlwright1414 profile photo tlwright1414
  • Reviews: 16

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bali Hai Villa: An ok villa with a great paito and pool.

Bali Hai Villa was a great relaxing location for us on the island. There isn't too much going on in Anguilla so you'll need nice accomodations to have a great time. It's a 2 min drive from groceries and beer/wine store.

Bali Hai Villa is a nice 2 bedroom, ocean front villa. It's located on the south side of the island near blowing point harbor (you can walk on the beach from the villa to the harbor). The villa is very spacious and has two day beds also, so you can really sleep 6 or more if need be. We particuarly enjoyed the patio and pool area. There is a constant sound of waves crashing and it looks out at st. martin. The pool is very large and clean. The house also has a daily cleaning service included which was helpful.

Prices are different depending on which season you go.

• Written June 7, 2006

• tlwright1414 profile photo tlwright1414
  • Reviews: 16

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rendezvous Bay Hotel and Villas: Not that nice.

Avoid the garden standard rooms. There is no air conditioning, the bathrooms are filthy, and there is zero privacy. People walking by can see in your room both during the day and at night.
The beach front villas looked ok. If you have a group, you can rent a villa with a pool for about the same as you can stay in a hotel.

Rendezvous Bay is very nice, if you are staying here, at least you'll have a nice beach.

• Written June 6, 2006

• TheHingas profile photo TheHingas
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Apartment Style living in paradise!: Easy Corner villas

We stayed at Easy Corners Villa and it was the perfect place for us as we were there for a friends wedding. If you are looking for a place that is reasonable priced (esp. with their deals that include rental cars!) and you want to experience all of the insland, this is it. For $700 bucks we got a nicely appointed 2 bedroom "villa" with 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen (plus a bbque) and a rental car for the week. There were 2 TVs and phone service, plus the AC worked like a charm. The kitchen allowed us to cook our own meals (groceries are expensive, but they have some different things down there to try) and drive to all of the wonderful beaches all over the island. We also got to eat at the great restaurants that are scattered all over the island.
The bugs on Anguilla did eat the girls alive, but for some reason didn't touch the guys, so bring the bug spray. The staff was exceptionally helpful and generous with us. My finance and I got engaged and they were already trying to help us plan our wedding there!

The best part really was the freedom staying here gave us. We went to over 15 different beaches, each more amazing than the last. Would def.
recommend bringing your own snorkeling gear so you can just hop out and go when you find yet another beautiful beach that you have all to yourself!

This is the best way to see Anguilla and not have to take out a second mortgage to do so!

huge verandas, great location, very, very clean, quiet.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written October 31, 2005

• Olili profile photo Olili

Lloyd's Guesthouse: Excellent B&B Guesthouse

One of the most reasonably priced places on Anguilla, about $70/night... a smaller and beautiful beach is a very short walk away down a steep road. A great english style breakfast is served every morning. The former owner died very recently, she was the widow of a revolutionary in Anguilla's fight for independence from Great Britain. No TV's in the room, but in the common room its available. Very comfortable and nice sized rooms and bathrooms. Renting a car in Anguilla is defnitely the way to go.

Close to the airport, family-owned, personable service.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written May 3, 2005

• Chris_Sopko profile photo Chris_Sopko
  • Reviews: 53

Cap Juluca

Cap Juluca is a wonderful hotel with perhaps the best beach on the island. It is VERY expensive, but worth the investment. You may also want to check out the Cuisinart Hotel, which is just down the beach and perhaps an even nicer place to stay!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written December 1, 2003

The beach at Cap Juluca

• barbj profile photo barbj
  • Reviews: 7

mariners hotel: mariners hotel

one nite in the summer 100.00u.s.

i like this place because it is very low key. the low buildings look very caribbean...most are only one story .there are 3 rooms to each cottage and all have porches. some have a/c and in the summer you need it.the beach is fine with lounge chais and umbrellas. when i was there last the restaurant was closed but the have just reopened the hotel it was closed after the last hurricane did alot of damage.so the restaurant and all facilities might be different now.

• Written September 7, 2002

Cap Juluca
CuisinArt Resort
Villa - $300.00 USD in low season
Cap Juluca and Cuisinart - $500.00 USD in low season

Villas are great because they allow you the privacy you may want on your trip.
It was nice to have our own pool and to be able to make our own meals.

Of course, nothing beats a 5 star hotel when the pocketbook allows it!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 26, 2002

• dreamworld profile photo dreamworld
  • Reviews: 288

We stayed in 1994 at a family...

We stayed in 1994 at a family guesthouse in the capital, called The Valley, which is actually the only 'real' village of the country (something like 1000 people live there...so it's nothing like a city).
The lady owning the house was serving us huge breakfasts and dinners and was really so friendly, relaxed (they don't know what is stress) and helpful.

Unfortunately, when I was back in 1999, I couldn't find the house anymore......So far I have no explanations.

One thing is sure, if you look for a real hotel in Anguilla, be prepared to spend at least
150 US$ per night !!!