Anguilla Hotels

Our Members Say

• ianrmillard profile photo ianrmillard
  • Reviews: 83

I had a villa on the island...

I had a villa on the island and would recommend villa rental first [pic: vacation villas at East Shoal Bay], but I loved the North African architecture of the Sonesta resort hotel [pictured below]...seems a good place to stay. ...)

An excellent budget option would be the Harbor Lights 'efficiency apartments' at Island Harbour,
run by a well-organized American family. Stayed there my first week on the island. About $80 a day (that's budget for Anguilla...). Harbor Lights is recommended for value, location, view and friendly atmosphere. Staying there you can meet the kind of Americans (while I was there, ranging from an American aircraft carrier commander to a Pennsylvania deli owner, with their wives) who make you realize 'ugly Americans' are only half, or less, of the story...These Americans were all great people with whom to share a rum punch or three.
My own place on Anguilla..St. Martin in the distance

Hurricane shutters in place...

Sonesta: maybe $300 (? only a guess)
Harbour Lights: $80 upward (?..better check)

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written August 25, 2002

• stopatnothin profile photo stopatnothin
  • Reviews: 192

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

CuisinArt Resort and Spa: Not just another pretty face

I had stayed at the Sonesta Beach Resort featuring a Moorish theme when I went to Anguilla.
I had also visited the CuisinArt Resort and it was just breathtaking. The resort grows their own fuits and vegetables to ensure your meal is as fresh as possible.

This oceanfront resort is perfect for honeymooners and people looking to re kindle that old flame or for those of us that just want to relax.

The facilities are what impressed me the most. They take very much pride and quality in their resort and it shows. The staff here is great!

• Opinion of Price: about average