Jolly Beach Vacations

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Jolly Beach Vacations

Jolly Beach Resort

by TheMiche about Jolly Beach Resort

All-inclusive at regular hotel price. Good value for money. Affordable ocean view rooms with a real view ... five restaurants ... good nightly entertainment ... large beach.

WOW-Very impressed with our vacation at Jolly Beach Resort

We came back after a wonderful 10 day vacation at Jolly Beach Resort. I found the place wonderful, the staff was extremely friendly, food was good (great variety, I don't understand why some people complained about it), the room was small but clean (but again who goes there to spend a lot of time in the room?). The view was breath-taking, the beach (ahhh, I wish I would be back there right now) was amazing and the water, fo'get about it, had an amazing color and was very clean.
The bars were great and had everything you might wanna drink, the grounds were clean and well maintained. I was very impressed with the way the staff maintained the food area, pools, the hotel itself, etc.
The only thing that we didn't like was Lidia's restaurant, but all the others were good. We took the Wadadli Cats cruise around the island and ended up at Shirleys Heights for the Sunday's evening party with a steel band, everything very impressive. Of course the sunset was breathtaking. Horseback riding, hellicopter tour and everything else was just amazing. There is a 1 year old casino within 5 min of Jolly Beach Resort were we spent the New Year's Eve (at Rush Club) and it was fabulous. It's true there is no public transportation easily available and every taxi ride (except the hotel shuttles) were $20 one way but keep in mind this is not New York City or any other large city to have public transportation so developed. We really enjoyed the cab rides (although they might get wild sometimes), it was part of experiencing the local culture and life. If you have kids (don't leave home without them) Jolly Beach had pool activities everyday to keep them busy, also the games area was great for them. Jolly Beach Resort had entertainment every night with various bands, shows, etc and they had a great New Year's Eve Celebration (we stayed there till 11PM and went over to Rush Night Club for the rest of the night) The only regret we had about Jolly Beach Resort and Antigua was when we boarded our flight back home. It felt like a part of us was missing and remained behind waiting for us to return to this amazing island!

Jolly Beach Resort

by sdhc about Jolly Beach Resort

$300 US per room, per night (note -- all inclusive). However, all inclusive is a misnomer - lobster & shrimp are extra. The safety deposit box is also extra. The pool & grounds are exceptional. One of the nicest pools we've seen. The waters are a fabulous shade of aqua, but unfortunately the visibility is extremely poor. We heard that there was dredging for the Jolly Harbor marina & it screwed up the whole ecosystem there & will never be the same (a shame!). Also, we didn't realize that a Class 5 hurricane had come through (Luis) a few years ago & the coral is in terrible shape.

Jolly Beach is huge resort...

by hanspeter_W. about jolly beach

Jolly Beach is huge resort with lot of activities but you meet mainly other tourists and none local people except the servants at one of the best beaches of the island,

Very cheap

by PALLINA about Jolly Beach Resort

Antigua is known as the 365 beaches islands. Actually I didn’t discover so many but those I did were wonderful. On one of the best beach of the island is located the Jolly Beach Resort. I think is among the worst place I stayed in the Caribbean and one of the oldest resort born there. For this reason, the beach chosen is so beautiful!!! Anyway, the Jolly Beach Resort is a 3 stars all inclusive resort. It offers more or less 400 rooms and the white 2 floors building stretches widely on the beach, surrounded by a tropical garden. The rooms are extremely basic and you can get a discount if you are willing to get a smaller room. The are two restaurants, one is a buffet of everything but, unfortunately, everything is of medium-law quality. I would have preferred less quantity and loss opportunity of choosing but a better quality. Unfortunately I didn’t visit the second a-la-carte restaurant, because man were allowed there only wearing a shirt with collar (so no T-shirts admitted for man). My husband had only t-shirts so we couldn’t eat there. What an idiot rule, isn’t it? But we were told it was not so good. The only thing that Jolly Beach offers (besides an affordable price, considering you are in the Caribbean) is the beach, so long and so uncrowned. The swimming pool is also nice but the sea is much better. Obviously, if you are interested in taking advantage of the all inclusive drinks, it can be a sort of paradise. I would recommend it only if you are REALLY interested in Antigua without spending so much like other higher quality resorts cost. on Jan 19, 2008 I saw a quotation for this place, 7 days all inclusive, flight from and to Milan Malpensa for 1340 euros/person. the beach

The beauty for me is that the...

by bellagio

The beauty for me is that the Jolly Beach does not charge a single person supplement at any time of the year, which makes it extremely good value for single travellers.
Three cheers for the Jolly Beach!!!!

Jolly Beach Resort, Antigua

by Excaper

Although we say some nightmarish reports on the internet, we decided to take a chance and book the Jolly Beach Resort for a week in Mar-April 2001. It had just completed renovations and was trying to overcome all the bad reports so we got great deal of $1153 CDN per person, all-inclusive.

We upgraded from the super-saver room to a standard room because of the price but I wouldn’t hesitate to book a super-saver room if I were looking for a bargain. Almost all, if not all, rooms seem to have some ocean view. The décor was nice but not luxurious. There is a nice size patio or balcony on which there is a love-seat and a couple of chairs. We spent more time out there than in our room! It was wonderful to be right on the ocean and to be able to see and hear it through the beautifully manicured gardens of bougainvillea and other tropical flowers. For a honeymoon, I would consider upgrading to a level above (there were five levels in total) the standard room we had just because it’s your honeymoon but if you don’t plan on spending much time there, it’s definitely not a necessity!
The grounds were gorgeous and very well taken care of. I like to take pictures of architecture in the Caribbean and I took more pictures of this place than any other at which we have stayed. The area where the Greek restaurant is located is especially beautiful. The food was excellent everywhere except the beach grill where it was still very good. It just did hamburgers, chicken burgers, fries and that type of thing throughout the day. Service at the restaurants was a little slow compared to American and Canadian standards but about typical for the Caribbean. There was a manageress from Germany who kept things running like the proverbial well-oiled machine.
The nightly entertainment was not the usual all-inclusive revue style show where every sits and watches and quickly disperses afterward. Each night there were local bands of outstanding talent playing in the main palapa just outside the main restaurant. There was an area for dancing and I don’t recall more than a few songs on any given night where there were not people on the dance “floor”. We much preferred it to the evening entertainment at most all-inclusive resorts.
On our last day there, we went into St. John and wandered around. It is a gorgeous little town which excellent little restaurants and nice little bars to sit and people watch. Since some mid-sized cruise ships dock here, there is the usual duty-free shopping but there are also nice little local type stores to browse as well.
We would not hesitate to go back again!

The “fantasy” pool is gorgeous with lots of chairs and has a beautiful waterfall right in the middle. There is a gazebo at the top where many of the weddings take place. We saw several per day while we were there and they were all beautiful! The pool is located directly at the edge of the beach. This was great for my husband and I since he is a pool person and I am a beach person. We could sit together and each enjoy what we like.

The beach was gorgeous for walking and swimming but not for snorkelling as it was all sand and fish like to congregate around coral. In my opinion, it was the nicest beach we saw in Antigua although there are hundreds of beautiful beaches there. The only beaches we have seen that compared to this were in Cuba.

Jolly Beach Resort - 2

"Pool"

There was only one swimming pool at the time of my visit, but I believe they have added another one with slides and water shutes.

These photos were taken quite early in the morning that's why there are so few people about.

"Water Sports"

This is the Water Sports area to the right of the hotel.

One of the popular Hobie catamarrans.

These surf bikes were excellent. I had never seen them before, nor for that matter since.

Jolly Beach Resort - 3

"The Beach"

The jewel in the crown of this hotel is it's absolutely stunning beach with crystal clear sea.

Antigua boasts 365 beaches, one for every day of the year.

I have to say that out of all the islands and resort hotels I have visited in the caribbean and Mexico this hotel's beach is as good as any.

These shots were taken early morning when the beach was deserted, but it was never crowded.

So calm and so beautiful the water was crystal clear.

How many days back home have I dreamed about this beach - too many times to mention.

Not too many sun loungers on the sand so it is an ideal spot to find a sunbed and soak up the sunshine.

Another view of the beach.

xx..Jolly Beach Resort Antigua..xx

by weeterri90

"||..Travelling..||"

I travelled to Antigua from Glasgow Airport onto Heathrow Airport then from there to the Antigua one. This took about 12 hours overall but that IS counting the time we spent waiting on our flight from Heathrow to Antigua. We then got a taxi which was arranged by our hotel which was a good price and in good condition.

"||..Arrival..||"

When we arrived, we were greeted with a rum punch ( children get a fruit punch) and both tasted beautiful! (I had a sip of my mum's rum punch) We waited for about five or ten minutes as there was a small queue of people waiting to check in also. Then, after we checked in, a bell boy took our cases to our room which was on the ground floor near the Fantasy Pool. He was very friendly. We arrived there about 9pm in their time, so we went a walk to get used y our surroundings and then we went and watched the nightly entertainment and that's when we first met Alburn.

"||..Carnival..||"

When we went, it was their Carnival time, so Terry and Glentist organised a small trip to St.Johns for the "Jump Up" which lives up to its name! It was really fun and it was a great day spent with two of the nicest guys from the hotel. It was great but it would have been better if Alburn went as well cause during the holiday it was mostly me, my friend, Terry, Alburn and Glentist that went about together. We had so much fun! And the carnival was only one highlight of our holiday with them!

jolly beachjolly beach

Jolly Beach HotelJolly Beach Hotel

view to jolly beachview to jolly beach

Every chapter of  Antigua's history is presentedEvery chapter of Antigua's history is presented

jolly beach resort or grand pineapple beach

by annieu

We are a family of 4 -2 adults 2teenagers (16,19)trying to decide where to go in late July early Aug. Jolly beach was our 1st choice until we read reviews of how cloudy the water is there for snorkeling, then after changing our minds to pineapple beach we read how windy the east coast is! help! Questions- how cloudy is the sea at jolly beach? and why does it happen? eg due to weather? or building works at other end still going on? How windy does it at pineapple beach at that time of year? Also is rain a problem? Does it rain at night mostly ? or if during the day is it just short bursts? Would be grateful for any help

RE: jolly beach resort or grand pineapple beach

by Galesjam

The water could be cloudy if the waves (mostly small waves) kick up the sand too much. I can't imagine this happening too much. Snorkelling would be better at Grand Pineapple Beach although the wind will be stronger in the east (but does help keep you cool).

I'm not sure how windy Grand Pineapple Beach is at that time of year, but it's not usually too strong at all. There's always a chance of rain especially later in the year as it will be around hurricane season (Officially June to September). It can rain day or night although you can usually see the rain coming and it doesn't last too long. A bit of rain is always good to cool the air if it's humid.

My last trip was in May 2005 for 2 weeks and the rain was on and off for only a few days, but didn't spoil anything of the holiday. The wind then was more of a light constant breeze.

You can always contact the hotels to ask them their advice on the rain and wind.
Jolly Beach: (268) 462 0061
Grand Pineapple Beach: (268) 463 2006

Wherever you all end up going I hope you have a great time!

antigua in July

by saltymum

Family of 4 including 2 teenage daughters going to antigua jolly beach resort first two weeks in july. Keen to waterski, any price details. Any recommendations of trips out or useful tips for Jolly beach

RE: antigua in July

by vanderlust

Give this forum discussion a look see.

RE: antigua in July

by dibenjamin

Antigua has the Caribbean side and the Atlantic side. Hard to imagine, since they flow into each other, but they are different -- the water on the Atlantic side is much rougher and a deep blue, and the Carib. side is calm and turquoise. Jolly Beach is on the Caribbean side. The resort you are going to is all inclusive, I believe, and probably can arrange for waterskiiing for you. Why don't you ask the resort? It may be extra... but you're on the better side (calmer water) for waterskiing so that's good.

The town is St. John's. It's not that interesting as I recall. The island is dotted with old remnants of windmills which were used to grind sugarcane -- from the slave days... interesting but only at first.

You'll probably enjoy staying at the resort and just laying around and drinking rum punch the most.

(In fact I just went to the Jolly Beach Resort page and you CAN arrange for waterskiing and it IS extra. Isn't the internet marvelous?)

Hotels and Nightlife in Antigua

by Trapanese

We are going to the Jolly Beach resort in December - what will the weather be like and what is the nightlife like around there - does anyone know?>

Re: Hotels and Nightlife in Antigua

by Franko3

Sorry I can't give you an answer mysel because I haven't been there yet but you can get an excellent response from those in the know by posting a question on the following newsgroup. http://f27.parsimony.net/forum67635/
best of luck.

Re: Hotels and Nightlife in Antigua

by AntWadadli

The weather here in Antigua in December is about 85 during the day and low 70's at night. It's still warm enough to swim although the sea is cooler than in the Summer months.

There is quite a bit of nightlife in the area or at least a quick taxi ride from the resort. There's Dennis' Cocktail Bar in Bolans for great local food & conversation. Also you've got Jolly Harbour right next door with 5 restaurant/bars and 1 huge casino also with entertainment. You are also very close to some of Antigua's nicest beaches!

Comments