Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa

LadyRVG's Profile Photo

Wonderful Beachfront All Inclusive for Adults

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 17, 2013

We always celebrate my Birthday with a trip of my choosing and October 2012 was Antigua. We chose to stay at the All Inclusive Resort Sandals Grande Antigua Resort; right on the famous Dickenson Bay. The Resort is Adults Only; hooray no children.The resort is amazing as is the beach. The resort is divided into two sections: Caribbean Village and Mediterranean Village. Each section had it's own distinctive decor, restaurants, bars, pools and activities. We chose to stay in the newer section; the Mediterranean.

Our room was what they call a Romeo and Juliet Penthouse Suite with Butler. I have to say this was a wonderful room. The views from our balcony were amazing especially at sunset. I loved the bedroom with the canopy bed and balcony right outside. The bathtub was my favorite feature; I love a nice relaxing bubble bath after a day in the sun with a glass of champagne.

Our butlers spoiled us terribly but I loved it. They made all the dinner and spa reservations for us. Reserved prime spots for our beach loungers and pool loungers. They brought us meals to the pool and room along with a cooler packed full of water, juices, beer and specialty drinks. Daily snacks awaited us in our room everyday for a little nosh before dinner. Our room was always decorated with flowers, candles, rose petals on the bed, bubble baths drawn and champagne of ice waiting for us every day.

They made my birthday very special by decorating the room and bed with flowers and candles. They drew a beautiful bubble bath with flower petals resting on the foaming bubbles along with a personalized card and Birthday Cake. It was a lovely birthday!

Our stay at the resort was filled with lazy days by the pool, enjoying some tropical drinks, trying some new Caribbean fare, meeting new people and just having fun. I love having a Beach Birthday Holiday!

**All Inclusive Means free drinks, food and non motorized water sports. You have to pay for spa treatments and gift shop items. There is no tipping at the resort except for the Spa and if you have a Butler.**

Unique Quality: I love All Inclusive Resorts. No need to carry cash or worry about the cost of meals or drinks.

Nearby Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Saint John's Travel Forum

Need advice about Saint John's, Antigua and Barbuda? Visit the Travel Forum for Saint John's and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Saint John's