4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Lovely Hotel for Honeymoon

My husband and I enjoyed our honeymoon here. There is a great restaurant on site and the staff are very helpful. You do have to get out to the beach early some days if you want a good spot on the beach with an umbrella. Brown Ladies were my drink of choice for the week!

Unique Quality: Beach view, quiet, bar, great breakfast

• Sweensie's Profile Photo

The nicest hotel in the area

We were greeted with not just one but two glasses of champagne while we checked in, which we thought was really nice. When we got to our room, they had left a balloon with Just Married on it, attached to a bag containing gouda cheese, crackers and chocolate, and a bottle of champagne and 2 complimentary champagne glasses beside it!
    What a lovely touch.
    This hotel seems to cater mainly for honeymoon couples or couples without children with them. We only saw a couple of kids there the whole time, and I felt a little sorry for them as it didnt cater for kids really. Stil, it was nice not to have kids around, seeing as we WERE on our honeymoon ;-)
    The whole place is very tastefully decorated, and all the rooms are the same. We had a garden view room, which initially I wanted to change, then decided it was a much better option, as it was more private than the beach view ones, and we were able to come and go as we pleased. Our door passes worked in the back door as well as the front.
    The restarant was great, I'll be talking about this in my tips.
    The beach is just on the doorstep, and is never crowded, no matter what time of day we went out. The palapas are very well spaced apart, and you are not on top of your neighbour.
    The pool area is divine, the loungers all have padded cushions on them, and there are 3 round padded seats on a decking area that fit 2 people, so nice to have a snuggle with your hunny on them! There is a hot tub too.
    The ONLY downside I would say about this hotel, is that there are so many interruptions thorughout the day with people calling to the door. We had to put our privacy sign on a lot of the time as the staff would call on average 3 times a day to the room if not. Apart from the housekeeping, one day we had 3 other calls, once was to put a new plant in the bathroom. Another time I had someone call to check that the sink was draining okay. Put your privacy sign on and you won't be bothered. Im sure they thought we were up to all sorts, ours was on so much ;-))

Unique Quality: Photos to come

• Over expectations!!!

I used to stay at Bucuti 29.May 2004 to 8.June 2004 with my friend and we enjoyd the stay very much.
    The hotel now opened its new "Tara Wing" with the Tara Beach Suites and Penthouses as well as a spa. During the opening ceremony it was possible to have a look in the new rooms, all with a phantastic ocean view.
    The other building with nice standard rooms is now about 10-14 years old and will be renovated and refurbished with some kind of the same colonial design as it is in the new building.
    With a newer room or refurbished, my satisfaction level qould have been "A Great Experience".

The overall service is EXCELLENT!!! Debora and her staff are doing a great job.

Next time we'll stay in a Tara Beach Suite!

Unique Quality: BEACH!!! Eagle Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been!
    The resort is a perfect place for all travelers who are looking for a place to relax. The beach was not crowded at all and the hotel is very quiet.
    We also liked the familiar atmosphere and the very helpful and friendly staff!

It we had the unique opportunity to watch sea-turtles hatching at the beach in front of the hotel. The turtles nests are usually enclosed and under surveillance.

Directions: Eagle Beach

More about Bucuti Beach Resort

by annk

A small European hotel located on Eagle Beach in the low-rise hotel area. One of the best and least crowded beaches on the island. Has an activities desk, fitness center, gift shop and mini market, laundry, swimming pool, one restaurant, beach bar with live music (happy hour 4-6pm), free internet access. In the room there is a coffee maker, free complimentary coffee daily, microwave & refrigerator. A casino and shopping center are located across the street. This hotel has taken a leading role in island recyling. Recycling cans are provided in all the rooms. Membership in the international green hotel association and an environmental green globe candidate.

Beach Front Retreat

by SabrinaSummerville about Bucuti Beach Resort

I chose Bucuti for our vacation because it appeared to have everything we wanted - fantastic beach, low rise accomodation, restaurant on site, and swimming pool. The beach was for my Mum, the pool for me (as I don't like sand!). I was therefore most disappointed to discover that the pool was under reconstruction when we arrived! I cannot describe my disappointment and it did colour my opinion of the holiday throughout.

Apart from that, the Hotel is indeed lovely.

The rooms are spacious and twin rooms contain two generous queen beds. There was plenty of storage space in wardrobes and drawers and the balcony was furnished with a table and chairs. All ground floor rooms also had two sun loungers, which was fantastic (especially if, like us, you had one of the four sea facing ground floor rooms). Initially we had a room on the top floor, which commanded terrific sea views, but we asked to move downstairs as the four flights of stairs were too much for my Mother. There is a lift, but it was at the other end of a long corridor and the stairs were more convenient to the beach access.

The hotel has some nice little touches - offering a glass of champagne to each guest on arrival, showing a romantic movie on the beach (free of charge) twice a week, and offering great welcomes to return guests.

There's a complimentary continental breakfast and though many people thought this was great, I thought the selection was poor. Eggs are available in the Pirates Nest restaurant at an additional charge of about $5. We preferred to eat breakfast at the Tara lounge as there were no flies there!

Dinner in the Pirate's Nest was a good experience, and I will write a seperate tip on that.

The Tara suites, situated in a seperate building, are aimed at couples only which, I think, is a pity. Mum and I would have been happy to pay the upgrade to the more spacious room (and indeed would have preferred the comfort of a couch to sit on) but as these rooms have only one king bed it was unsuitable. The staff at this hotel are beyond reproach. As we left we went from place to place hugging the staff like old friends. In particular I would recognise Nakarid and Lulu in Pirates Nest, Margeurita in Tara Lounge, prince at reception, and Alexe at the Concierge desk. In all my travels I have never experienced such friendly and helpful staff.

Bucuti is best

by TripAdvisor Member Cauwoods

We decided on the Bucuti and Aruba, after taking lots of advice, much of it from TripAdvisor.com, which was extremely helpful. The advice was superb and we now know we made the right decision. Coming via Miami, we stayed for 7 nights in the new Tara Suites at the Bucuti. The room, with bed, sofa, mini-kitchen, were all of the highest quality, backed up with a superb view of the ocean and beach. If you stay at this resort or in Aruba, stay in one of these suites, you will not be disappointed. We visited most of the high rise hotels and their crowded beachs and pools. They did not compare. Plus the service is relaxed and friendly and everyone was happy to help. The beach is by far the best we saw, never crowded and although there was always a strong breeze, it does keep you cool under the very hot sun. Added to that we can recommend some great restuarants, especially Driftwood (blackened swordfish!), le Dome and Chalet Swisse. If you like a gamble, use the nearby Alhambra Casino, as this really did pay out, unlike the hotel casinos. The Bucuti has their own spa and although not yet open when we were there, we had a bad experince with the one at the Wyndham, so we advise you avoid. Please feel free to contact us for further advice via the hotmail address.

Loved the Bucuti

by TripAdvisor Member SCK123

The review dated June 6th says it all! As much as I would hate to have everyone flock to this resort, I must say that it is a gem. If you are looking to rest and relax this is the place. There is not the place to go if you are looking for activities. There's a small pool that children could use but otherwise it caters to vacationers who are looking for a peaceful spot. It is located within walking distance to great restaurants, a grocery store, Dunkin Donuts( the coffee in the rooms is adequate!) a Subway shop and a casino. There are turtles nesting in protected areas along the beach so it was fun to be an expectant parent awaiting their arrival(although I did not get to witness the event). This time of year is the less busy season and we found it easy to get into restaurnats without having reservations. The entire staff at the Bucuti is friendly and attentive to your requests. We stayed in the new suites and they are well worth the upgrade, if you want to make your trip a special one. Their gift shop proved to be an invaluable resource for last minute souvenirs. Their items are of a high quality and are in good taste. There are refrigerators in the rooms with a small freezer compartment that worked out well for provisions from the grocery store or leftovers(if you dare!) There are also microwaves. We are planning on going back next year and would not stay elsewhere. My best advice is to do as much research on these resorts to fit your individual needs. I did that and found what I was looking for in th Bucuti...peace and quiet and great sunset views.....

Very Disappointed in the Bucuti

I selected the Bucuti because of all the good comments on this web site. The beach is beautiful there but the hotel service left a lot to be desired. We were only staying for 4 nights and they did not have one room available for the entire stay. They informed us we would be moved the next day and wanted us to be out of the room by noon and would not have our other room ready until 2 pm! There was no mention of a room change when the reservations were made; otherwise I would not have stayed there. The housekeeping services were awful - did not have any washcloths or shower curtain when we were moved to the second room. Also, it did not appear the maid did much in the way of housekeeping during our stay. For all our inconvenience, no compensation (such as free dinner, etc) was ever offered to us. Needless to say I would never book there again.

The Bucuti's NEW Tara Suites are the way to go!!!

Ok- I am pretty picky but I did my research before I came to Bucuti. I stayed in the Tara Suites which are brand new and completely different from any hotel room I have even been in. To be honest, it was perfect. All the suites look onto the beach and because its new everything is in excellent condition. As far as the Pirates Nest (thats the restaurant located next to the hotel) is concerned, save your money! There is a fabulous restaurant about a 10 minute walk from the hotel, LE Dome. We went there twice because we couldn't get enough of it. The service in general throughout the island is pretty poor. Everyone is laid back and in no hurry to bring you your check or even your food in some cases. However, I would highly recommend staying at the Bucuti in the Tara Suites- you can't go wrong! Also, the beach is completely private, the ideal set up for a romantic get away. One last comment. The housekeepers are very attentive, meaning they come to turn down the room in the evening, in the morning to clean and sometimes in the afternoon to drop off the paper. I would suggest using your "Do Not Disturb" sign.

Terrific staff!

by TripAdvisor Member swan325

Our short stay at the Golden Tulip was a very nice experience. The staff was very attentive and gracious and helpful. The room was nice.... the beach was WIDE and uncrowded although the water was a bit rough there. We rented a car and drove to Boca Catalina and Malmok beaches for snorkeling. Excellent restaurants you might want to visit are Que Pasa, Madame Janettes and Papimeinto.

Bucuti Beach ResortBucuti Beach Resort