Divi Aruba All-Inclusive

Costs 71% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Divi Aruba All-Inclusive

DIVI ARUBA BEACH RESOR

by MRIOUX about DIVI ARUBA BEACH RESOR

$200 US dollars per night The unbelievable sandy beach is just the best place to kick back and relax. Treat yourself by watching the sunset as you sip a tropical drink.

Nice for the Price

by ebnoia about Divi Aruba Tamarjan Resort

My husband and I stayed at the Tamarjan from September 2 - 9, 2001. We absolutely loved the resort. Since we were there, I believe they have done some remodeling. But this place was perfect for us. We wanted a relaxing, low-key vacation and that is exactly what we got. The food was okay. I was a vegetarian then and got pretty bored with the food. The Italian restaurant was my favorite. The pizza bar was great for a late night snack after you have had a few too many drinks. The staff was incredible, the beach amazing. We didn't usually go swimming in the hotel pool. There was another pool behind the resort that belong to the Divi timeshares that we used. I prefered to get a raft and float in the ocean. I highly recommend the Tam to anyone who wants a quiet and relaxing no fuse vacation. The staff truly made this resort what it is. They were amazing!

We LOVED Aruba for our Honeymoon!

by TripAdvisor Member nytweetie

We stayed at the Divi Aruba All Inclusive from May 17-23. It was great and we are planning to go back to Aruba in the future after we try out some other places in the Carribean. The staff is so nice and if you have a problem, it is fixed IMMEDIATELY. They even do follow up to make sure you are happy and the problem stayed fixed. If you miss a phone call in your room, they would call and tell you about your phone call. The only negatives I will say is the food isn't that great except for the breakfast buffet. That was awesome!!! We ate at the TAM buffet on Monday when we got there and it was barbecue night. I didn't like it and my husband said it was just OK. We also ate at The Red Parrot and The Papparazzi. If you order the surf and turf at the Paparazzi you should know that they serve their Surf and Turf with shrimp not lobster and the filet mignoin is only about an ounce and a half maybe 2 ounces. My husband had that. I had their penne bolognese and being Italian and someone who cooks at home all the time, it was not bad. At the Red Parrot we both had Cornish game hen. That was good. The food just didn't bowl me over. We were supposed to go to Madame Janettes on Saturday but we wind up not going so we could go downtown. It rained Thursday and it was also Ascension Day there so everything downtown was closed. That was when we initailly were gonna go. Anyway, downtown, we ate at IGUANA JOE'S CARIBBEAN BAR & GRILL. AWESOME FOOD!!! It was the best meal I had all week. The Chicken and chili burrito is to die for and so are their nachos. The second best meal I had was when we were on the Jolly Pirate Snorkel excursion. They gave us lunch from I believe Mambo Jambos. We had chicken skewers, ribs, pasta salad, cole slaw, and a roll. FANTASTIC! Thuresday night we went on the Kuckoo Kanuku. MAD FUN!!! Oh my God, we had a blast. The food was not great on that either. It was just OK but it was so much fun. The highlight had to be watching a woman in her 60s who was on the opposite bus from us puking in the middle of the road. Can u imagine???

The last negative I have is looking at the new timeshares being developed next to the Divi Village on the golf course. Initially the only reason we went was to get the Jolly Pirates tour for free which we did. Well upon meeting a girl named Nikki and the financial manager Tony, we were schmoozed and had our butts kissed for more than the required hour. We were interested but they wouldn't come down in price and would not bargain. When we said no (they were sure they had us) their attitudes IMMEDIATELY changed. They were snotty and Tony tore up our paper and he and Nikki basically rushed us out with our free gift like WE wasted THEIR two hours. Hello??? WE are the ones who were on our honeymoon. We were gonna call them when we had our finances in order but we are not now. That is not a good way to build business relationships. Then we find out that they offered another couple the same timeshare for $3,000 less than they offered it to us. So watch out if you go look at the property.

All and all I did not want to come home.

Loved the Dive

We have been to the Divi at least 10 times. Now that it is all-inclusive we still love it. The food is not the greatest but it is ok. Everything else is excellent especially the service. My husband uses a wheelchair and the staff could not be better. They are so pleasant and helpful, we feel we are coming home each time we arrive.
The beach is great, the pool is clean, the rooms are being renovated and we just love it. It is so comfortable. The casino is just across the street. Last winter we went in November and again in March. We went this November and can't wait to go back.

Great Beach we're planning our return

We stayed there Feb 2003. We had an ocean front room. I was expecting more from the rooms but got use to it after a day, they were clean and comfortable and I spent many hours in bed smoking and various other things with my man, so it was not that bad. Food was good most days, the breakfast was increadible I never missed breakfast they even let you get a big bowl of syrup and I did. I always had one of their yummy strawberry daquries in my hand. If your expecting sailing like they advertise FORGET IT. They had one boat and it was broken, the staff said the water was to choppy to sail anyways. The beach was GREAT, clean sand, clear blue water, I swam every day. I cried on the plane home. Best trip of my life.

Best Vacatation I ever had

This was an excellent resort. The food was excellent and the drinks were great. You have the ability to get anything you want whenever you want. The staff is very friendly. The beach was breath taking. I couldn't ask for anything better for a vacation.

Excellent stay at Divi Divi

by TripAdvisor Member kyyi0214

My husband and I just got home from our honeymoon at the Divi, and we cannot say enough good things. The staff there is extraordinary, whether you tip them or not you receive the same level of service. The people who feel they did not receive good service must be used to being waited on hand and foot, literally. If you eat at the buffet you do have to get the food yourself, and the drinks are not usually brought to you but they are readily available at the three bars scattered throughout the location. I have been to other Carribean Islands and Aruba is absolutely my favorite. We are planning a trip back for our first anniversary. The food is very good and sometimes lunch does get repetative but the wood fried pizza is excellent and available all day. The theme dinners are very good. We went off the resort one night to Driftwood for seafood.. I highly recommend going there is you can. Take the bus downtown it only costs $1.25 and the busstop is right in front of the Divi. If you are not sure between the Divi and the Tam.. go to the Divi, I was not that impressed with the Tam and the beach is much nicer at the Divi!!

Aruba Phoenix Hotel.

by Arubasun.

"The first highrise on the Palm Beach strip."

Aruba Phoenix Hotel is under the managemnt of Divi. Aruba Phoenix is the second largest hotel tower on the Palm Beach strip. The Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort has a state of the art fitness center, 2 freshwater swimming pools and jacuzzi. This resort also has a supervised children's activities program. There is also the Palm Bistro Restaurant, Palm Bistro Bar and The French Market Deli. At night Phoenix Resort does have live entertainment.

"Pool area Aruba Phoenix."

"Room at the Aruba Phoenix Resort."

The Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort has 101 air conditioned studios, one and two bedroom. Rooms do have either a patio or a very roomy balcony. There is also a full kitchen in each room with a refrigerator, microwave, coffe maker, satelite TV, VCR, hair dryer and a safety deposit box.

The island where happiness lives.

by Arubasun.

Just a few miles north of Venezuela, there is an island paradise on the horizon. An island that was called useless by the Spanish Conquistadors in the early 1400's and later colonized by the Dutch. Though the island was considered useless in the past, it is now a role model for other Caribbean islands.

Aruba has a dry Arid climate so don't expect any lush vegetation on the island else you will be disappointed. There is a famous slogan made up just recently which states "if it was not for the dessert Aruba would have been another island with a beach". This is quiet true when you take into account that most if not all of the Caribbean Islands are lush and green. Nevertheless it does rain in Aruba from November to February, the rain is usually of short duration and then the sun shines again with a rainbow, paradise indeed. The average rainfall is of 12 inches a year and the average temperature is 89F or 31C.

In Aruba we have rocky and different types of grounds with vegetation such as cactus and the famous divi divi and watapana trees. As a matter of fact you can never get lost in Aruba, the divi divi trees are bended over towards the West, this is because of the strong trade winds that blow from East to West. If it was not for the winds Aruba would have been very hot, so the trade winds are a blessing for the people that do inhabit the island.

Aruba is home to over 90,000 citizens of which 65% are Arubans and the remaining 35% immigrants. Over 40 different nationalities do live in peace in Aruba making the island thus very multi cultural. You may ask why are there so many different nationalities on the island?! Ever since the early nineties Aruba was put on the map of the world, the construction of the oil refinery brought thousands of new jobs and many people came from abroad. The oil refinery was the leading industry of Aruba for over 65 years. However the World oil crisis in the early eighties lead to the closure of the refinery in 1985. Thousands of jobs were lost and the economy went into a deep recession. The island than stepped into tourism, a new industry that would create new jobs, and quiet frankly the island succeeded in having the most successful tourism industry of the Caribbean.

The Aruban population is a mixture of all races of African, European and Asian descent.
The Aruban population generally speaks, reads and writes 4 different languages. This includes Dutch which is the official language, Papiamento the native language, Spanish and English. Dutch is learned at school as early as in first grade. English will be given from third grade until College and Spanish is given at fifth grade until College. French is an optional language in College. Though Arubans generally speak Papiamento at home and the newspapers are written in Papiamento, Dutch is used as an instruction language at school and it is also being taught at to children, all official documents of the government are written in Dutch. Spanish and English are only important due to the fact of the geographic location of the island and because of business.

Enjoy the rest of my Aruba page,

"Resorts."

Aruba has a wide variety of accomodations as a matter of fact five of Aruba resorts are in the top 25 list of best resorts in the Caribbean. Making Aruba thus the island with the highest density of best resorts in the region.

Aruba CoastlineAruba Coastline

Inclusive hotel

by mjtorrence

Any suggestions on a "all inclusive hotels", my adult daughter and I are going in July? How about the Renaissance? Need suggestions, pros and cons PLEASE.

Re: Inclusive hotel

by Dabs

We opted to not do an all inclusive in Aruba, there are a lot of good restaurants on the island and I didn't want to feel compelled to eat all of our meals at the hotel because we had already paid for them.

On the other hand, if you are big drinkers and eaters and are not interested in exploing the local restaurants, an all inclusive might be a good value for you. If you look at the price of an all inclusive vs. a non all inclusive, you'll probably see a huge price difference.

Re: Inclusive hotel

by Odinnthor

I have only stayed at one of those in Aruba, but I have been in several of them. I was a five star Tour Director, and they were always happy to let me look around. (Yes, being a TD had its priviledges....)

If you want a large complex (well, island style large/400 rooms and up), there are a couple of good ones, the Wyndham, and La Cabana. The combo resorts of Divi Aruba and Tamarajn Aruba are good, as you have a run of both of them if you stay in one.

The Renaissance is nice too and really close to the island casinos. Pretty good choice.

I did like however the smaller ones, more personal and great service, from what I could tell. The Amsterdam, and the Machebo are nice in that category, and the Machebo has a great spa. The Amsterdam is fairly secluded though and a ways from the otheres.

If you want the ultimate, the Riu Palace is likely the most elaborate AI on Aruba. That is the one I stayed at, and it was exqusite, but large and not very intimate. The Occidental is nice too.

Although I have walked around these properties, remember that I have only stayed at the Riu, so take this for what its worth. Enjoy Aruba.

Here is the Riu Palace. It used to be the Aruba Grand before the massive renovations and construction.

....and here is your choice the Renaissance Hotel and Casino.

....and here is the Amsterdam Manor, a private secluded smaller resort:

Here is the La Cabana ......

Hope this was of some help to you......enjoy.......d:o)

Comments