Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 26% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort

Nice time at Divi Village.....

by TripAdvisor Member Seach4fun

We stayed at the Divi Village from Dec 4-11. We had a one bedroom villa. It was very nice, clean, with plenty of room. We did not eat at the resort so we can't comment on the food, but used the pool and that was nice. I have no complaints about Divi Village except for the front desk staff. They were not very friendly and sometimes acted as if we were bothering them with questions. A couple of them were even very rude at times. Other than that, I liked the location of the Divi Village. We took the bus a lot and the grocery stores were within walking distance. I would stay there again...the front desk could use some customer service skills!
Feel free to email me if you have questions.

Aruba's Best Home away from Home

by Scott&Ruth about Divi Village

Amazing place! The people were so friendly and helpful. The grounds beautiful. Our room overlooked the pool on one side and the golf course on the other. we had 3 private balconies, and a private jacuzzi on the upper roof! What more can you ask for. By the way, the rooms were immaculate! Full kitchen, 2 large bathrooms, king size suite, with full dining room and living room. Not that we needed this, but the thought was nice!

Divi Village is Nice

by TripAdvisor Member MikeHoustonTexas

Stayed at Divi Village from Dec 17-23, 2005. Had a nice time. Grounds are nice and clean. Divi Village Golf Resort is one part of a three resort complex of which you can use any of the amenities of each resort. Divi is not on the beach as the other two are but Divi offers the golf course. Beach is easily accessable and is really wide and beautiful. Can't understand why they don't offer beach umbrellas and the thatched huts that offer shade are way off the shoreline, which was strange. Gym is fair. Room was really nice.Had a kitchen which saved us a bunch not having to go out to restaraunts for all meals. Grocery store was fairly accessable though it was kind of a pain to lug a bunch of groceries the 3/4 of a mile or so. I found it nice that the location was away from the high rise hotels, hence away from the hustle and bustle of the big resorts all bunched up in one spot. However some may want that. I would stay again if I could get the same price.

Divi Village needs a facelift

by TripAdvisor Member tokyomike

In 1990, I bought a one bedroom unit at the then "NEW" Divi Village resort. Now after 16 years, and return trips every two years or so, "THE TIME HAS COME FOR THE DIVI VILLAGE MGT. TO RENOVATE THE OLDER ROOMS".

It's very obvious that the Divi Mgt. has put all of their effort into the NEWER Golf resort rooms, and neglected the first phases of the resort.

The grounds and buildings are still in pretty good shape, although sweeping the cigarette butts, empty cups, and straws from the bushes around the pool everyday would help.

The rooms are very dated. My room on this trip had the exact same appliances (stove, fridge, coffee maker etc.) as it did in 1990. The beds are horrible, and so are the linens. Towels are tough, not good for sensitive sun burned skin. I did'nt know they still made 19' color TV's, but the DiviVillage must have bought every last one of them cause my room had 3 of them. Also VCR's???? Come on now, It's 2006!!!! What about a DVD player? Oh! by the way you can replace the kitchen light fixture that fell on my friends head now. After it fell, they never replaced it, and Ricardo the Mgr. called to see if we were ok, but never followed up.

The main pool was filthy, and I guess to much work to sweep for the "pool guy" who spent everyday sitting in the shade screaming on his cell phone. And God forbid he replace the cups for the water cooler. The newer golf pool is great, with a swim up bar and great views.

The Seabreeze Cafe has a new name "The Fly Cafe". The food and service was good, but there were fly's everywhere. The waiter told me it was because of the rain. HAHAHA! Rain? Of all of the times I've been to Aruba I think it rained once. A little pest control is way overdue.

The elevator is an experience in itself. Smells horrible, and if you're to slow the door will slam you. It also needs adjustment, shaking when it stops.

The beach across the street is great as usual. And they built "Jimmy" a new rooftop bar. (He used to have a nice drink shack on the beach). Jimmy can sing.

The overall staff is so-so. Extra charges for energy surcharge, room tax and the always present YMCA dollar a day scam (charge).

Final analysis: I love the Divi Village, but it really needs a facelift. For the price you can't go wrong. I'll give them 2 years to clean up until I return.

By the way the big attraction on the island "the natural bridge" has collapsed. Many don't know it wasn't a rock formation, but formed from coral. Still worth the drive because of the view, the "baby" bridge and cold Balashi's at the cafe there.

Front Desk Staff Couldn't Care Less

by TripAdvisor Member ebnyc

From check in to check out we had issues with the Divi Village and Golf Resort. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful setting and while the rooms aren't great they are big, but I wouldn't stay here again. There were supposed to be shuttles to help you get around the large property in the heat, but they never showed up when the desk staff called for them, we weren't told there were other pools we could use, how to get food at other Divis, how to get around outside the resort, etc. All basic info that would have made our trip a lot less work on our part. I saw the concierge and front desk staffs at other Aruba hotels being much more helpful and friendly. I'd spend the money elsewhere next time!

Best Vacation Ever!

My new husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Divi Village. It was stunningly beautiful. The staff was so friendly and knew us by name after the first day. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The resort is a quiet one and not the place to go if you want a crazy, party oriented vacation. It is perfect for those who wanted a wuiet, tranquil place to relax and enjoy yourself. The beach is right across the street and was never overly crowded. The resort provides you with lounge chairs so you don't have to drag a bunch of stuff with you. There was also the option to take part in the all inclusive package at the other Divi resorts which were directly across the street. We signed up for it and it was well worth it for the food and drinks. The resort held an orientation our first day where they guide you through available activities both at the resort and on the island. They even offered a discount on tours of the island and other activities if booked within the allotted time frame. There was transportaion provided from one hotel to another and even to the local casino. The location is also fantastic. It is in an area that is between the capital and the larger hotels so travel was relatively inexpensive, even by cab. It was only about 20 minutes from the airport as well. This timeshare was pure paradise and I would recommend it to anyone with hesitation!

Gotta go again

by TripAdvisor Member Gottagoagain

We just returned from a week at the Divi Village. Loved it. We traded for an efficiency which was okay. I was happy to get an exchange at this time of the year. It is not a five star, but we don't need a five star. I had read other reviews, took notes, and brought my Frommer's book. We were all set. This place is nice and quiet. One thing we did notice that at the beach the huts are very close to the street. One day there was a lot of traffic so don't plan on taking a nap. Saturday was Flag Day in Aruba, so traffic was less and that was wonderful. Beach is not crowded at all. Wonderful water. We never made it to the front pool or the new pool. We were very content at the jacuzzi and pool in the back - complete with float. The jitney worked out well. It would get us as close as it could to the grocery store. Short walk from there. Very convenient. We ate at the French Steakhouse (oh,la,la), the Paddock, Salt and Pepper,Cuba's cooking, and the seafood buffet at the Radisson. We went to the Paddock for the ribs on Wednesday night - all you can eat - $13.00. They were disappointing. View was nice and service was good. Thursday, ribs at lunch, were $6.00. Must have been what was left. Didn't need reservations, we went out early. We found the bus service great. For $2.00, we were able to get around. I much prefer this resort to the high rise area. Too crowded for us (retirees). DePalm Island is a great trip for snorkeling and just relaxing. Definitely would return. We're New Englanders, and the pace is a lot different than what we are accustomed - but that is what vacation is all about! Enjoy.

Golf Villa with Spectacular Pool & Beach

We just spent eight days at the Divi Beach & Golf Resort in Aruba. (April 30-May 7.) This is our fourth trip to this island and first time at the Divi. As usual the weather was perfect 83-85 degrees everyday. The property is a "COMPOUND " of three Divi Resorts. You can use the facilities of all three resorts. The Golf Villas are one year old and spectular. There is construction as they continue to eapand but it dosen't interfere with your activities and you don't even know that it is going on. NO NOISE! The Links Golf course is immaculate with plush fairways and the greens are in excellent condition. It is a nine hole course with two par 5's and finishes with an island signature hole. It is challenging and you can play the first nine from the gold tees and play the second nine from the blues. They have rental clubs( titliest/Cobra). If you golf, you want to be here. It has the traditional island wind and you do have to club up and down to adjust for the wind.

The property has mulitply pools but the villa pool is special with swim up bar, bridge, waterfall and cascading water which overlooks the ninth hole fairway. Just beautiful.

The resturants are one better than the other. Sunset at the Marriott's Simple Fish (Reservation 6:20 PM), The Promenade (walking distance or shuttle to the Ducth Village and walk across the street), El Gaucho, Madame Janette, Le Dome, Sunset Grille at the Radisson. Taxi cost $6 - $9. Ther all excellent. The Promenade was most convenient and the food was the best. It was also the best value.

Super Food super market has everything you need. Take the shuttle to Divi Village and a short walk to the supermarket. Walk back to the Dutch Village and call for the shuttle

Last but not least the staff was terrific. Friendly and helpful.

Logistical nightmare; horrible service

by TripAdvisor Member pickatty

We spent a week at La Cabana, then just our last night at Divi Village. Fortunately, we were only here one night because the service was horrible. We had a studio (7103), which was very roomy and had a well-stocked kitchen. The room here was larger the studio at La Cabana, but the pull-out sofa was much more uncomfortable.

When we checked in, we asked about the all-inclusive plan. We were told $100 per day per adult & $50 for the kids, but if we went across the street to the Tamarijn (owned by Divi), we'd have more restaurant choices for less money. So, we went there and stood in line only to be told they only sell 3-day minimum packages. We came back to the desk at Divi, to wait again only to be told they didn't offer less than 3-day packages either (even though we were only staying for one night!). It would have been nice to know this up front, so we didn't waste about an hour of our last day on the island running from resort to resort to wait in line for nothing.

Our building was next to a small (and rather dirty) pool, and the small restaurant. We had both lunch and dinner at the restaurant. Lunch and dinner were both good and reasonably priced. However, it took about one hour from the time we arrived at the restaurant until our food came. The kids were not happy, particularly because the resort had a movie playing at the beach and we missed it because it took so long for dinner.

Also, with respect to service, we requested a cot and extra towels for the night. When we checked in, they knew there were 5 of us, yet we had only 2 bath towels. After two calls for towels, we never got any. Not much fun drying off on a washcloth after your shower – and, when I called the second time, they were quite rude about it and said they had no idea when the maid would bring towels.

After four calls, we did finally get a cot. However, it came around 10pm and the two people who brought it seemed quite put out (keep in mind, we had to pay $10 for the cot, too!). They set the bed up, but did not bring pillows. When we pointed that out, the maid told us her shift ended at 10pm, and she would ask someone on the next shift to bring us a pillow. Surprise – our one son never did get his pillow – also unacceptable.

The resort is expanding, and in the newer section (further from the beach), they have beautiful new infinity-edge pool. Cleanest water I have ever seen in a pool, and very pretty. Also had a swim-up bar, but no happy hour here. Hopefully, the bartender will get faster, and fortunately there were only a few people at the pool.

There is a second story bar overlooking the ocean, which had a great view. We went for happy hour (4-5pm), when drinks are 2 for the price of 1. Near the end of happy hour, the bartender left the bar to take a nice, long smoke break. When he returned, we ordered what we thought was last call (we did not have watches, and the bar had no clock). When the bill came, the drinks were regular price. We asked the bartender about it, and he said the computer prices the drinks when he enters the charge. Would have been nice to know it was last call; at La Cabana it was clear and the bartenders were much nicer.

The beach was nice, with white sand and beautiful calm water. Our room faced the ocean, but we could not see much of it because we were on the first floor. It was still a great view, though.

Checkout took forever, and they tried to charge us for a crib (the youngest kid with us was 13 years old!). Fortunately, I read the bill carefully before signing it.

Overall, the resort is pretty and well-maintained. If you don't care about things like towels, meals, and pillows, you'll be fine. If service matters, stay somewhere else. I would pick La Cabana over this resort any day.

Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member susie24458

We stayed at this resort with friends who had not travelled on such a long plane journey, it was a great two weeks, relaxing and very enjoyable, Jimmy's bar across the road was great fun, and on Friday night Jimmy did his stint. The apartments were great, the staff were friendly, but some need to smile a bit more, and give out all information about cashing travellers cheques, but the holiday was great never been as relaxed on any other holiday. Would definately go back again.

A dutch windmill under carribean skiesA dutch windmill under carribean skies

Aruba excursion to Venezuela

by Xavierrns

Can i take the ferry from Aruba into Venezuela for a one day or half-day trip? Would love to visit Venezuela while on vacation in Aruba...Would I need a passport to enter Venezuela? any details greatly appreciated! Also would like to hear from those who have been to Aruba...any suggestions on things to do, places there to visit, etc...Thanks!!
Steve in Kentucky

Re: Aruba excursion to Venezuela

by clmetal

of course you need a passport, if you meant to say visa, no you do not need one. you just have to pay a departure tax when you leave (like $20 or so). I don't think their are boats and in addition, Venezuala for the most part is not a great place for tourists. (I have only been to Caracas, however).

by Xavierrns

Thanks...I am visiting Aruba in May of this year with a valid birth certificate and photo ID..no real passport. which is not required by Aruba for USA citizens...Can i go on a ferry or boat to Venezuela with this kind of travel documents? I would really hate to not go to venezuela since I will be so close..No telling when I can go back to Carribean or South America..thanks ...
steve

by Deborah1

US citizens don't need a passport to go to Aruba, however, you certainly would need one to go to Venezuela. Remember, even if you just travel there for the day by boat, it's NOT in North America, and being a foreign country, you still have to go through customs with a passport, like you would if you were flying there. There is a ferry that goes there. Any of the hotels on the island can set up a reservation for you. They will ask you to show them the required documents such as a valid passport though before they'll let you go. Other than that, Aruba has a rugged coastline that is fun to explore by jeep, or if you don't want to drive, you can hook up with one of the many reliable companies that will take you around the perimeter of the island, stopping at various sites such as the Natural Bridge. This is quite popular. There are also lots of water activities such as snorkeling, glass bottom boat rides and the like, with people that work and help set you up right on the beach. Make sure you check out their downtown area, Oranjasted, for colorful markets, restaurants, shopping and walking around. They have a fun nightlife if you're into that with music all over downtown, along with several clubs. Most people take the bus, which is very safe and fun, both in the day and at night. Don't miss Cuba's Cookin' for one of the most delicious, quaint Cuban restaurants around, and also Iquana Joe's for ribs, burgers, margaritas, music etc... It's casual and fun to sit outside and relax. Great atmosphere and location too. The Arubans are fun and unique in that everybody on the island speaks a minimun of 4 languages, with many that speak several more---esp. the older people. They're world renowned for their linguistic skills. Don't miss speaking to them about this---you'll learn so much from them ! Have a great time. Weather is sunny, warm and ALWAYS breezy !
Deborah

by amapola66

A visit to Coro in Venezuela with a guide can be evry rewarding. A nice old town with lots of history and some good restaurants. To get there you go through some desert with amazing sand dunes and the sea on each side of the highway.

My Dad lives there, if you are sensible and don't wear lots of jewelry, designer clothes etc and take a guide, you will be fine!

Re: Aruba excursion to Venezuela

by amapola66

For your info, here is a post from someone who did a day trip to Venezuela by plane.

Comments