Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel

Get wet! The water here is...

by svillegirl

Get wet! The water here is beautiful!

Feel safe! I felt more safe here as a woman traveling alone than anywhere else in the Caribbean! Period. Sitting on the beach at 2am with a nice bottle of wine. Dipping my toes in the warm water....I truly felt that I didn't have a care in the world.

This picture is of the cortyard at the Hyatt.

Aruba has to main beaches which the majority of tourists go to:
Eagle Beach is a well-visited public beach for locals, replete with shaded picnic areas and plenty of parking right off the main road. Several low-rise hotels are nearby, just off the street from the beach.

Palm Beach is famous for calm waters and is located right in front of the luxurious high-rise hotel stretch of the island.

It also has some beaches that are better for snorkeling:
Hadikurari Beach is located just south of the lighthouse near the northwestern tip of Aruba and is known for terrific snorkeling.

Baby Beach is located in the area known as Seroe Colorado at the southeastern end of the island. It got its name because the calm and shallow waters make it ideal for children and/or inexperienced swimmers. Snorkelers will enjoy gorgeous coral heads in the channel.

This info comes from the aruba.com site.

Place Your Bets...

by LysDor

...at Aruba`s Casinos and have some FUN -I DID- and I even managed to win back my 50$!

You will have the choice between baccarat, roulette, blackjack and slot machines beckon from the casinos of these Aruban high-rise hotels: the Allegro Aruba, Hyatt Regency, Wyndham Aruba, Aruba Grand, Seaport Casino, Holiday Inn, the Sonesta Hotel, Beach Club & Casino, Radisson, Alhambra Casino, Marriott and the Royal Cabana.
Aruba`s best known casino is the Alhambra Bazaar, across from the Aruba Beach Resort.

And most of all have FUN !

Even handed review of an outstanding resort

by TripAdvisor Member wise2374

Wife and I just got back from our annual Caribbean vacation - this year at the Hyatt Aruba. It was honestly outstanding. Here's my "the good, the bad and the ugly". THE GOOD: Grounds are absolutely beautiful - landscaping is incredible, with tastefully done and exotic waterfalls, streams and gardens. Lizards, imported black swans and beautiful free-roaming macaw parrots and toucans were part of the backdrop. Hotel itself is also classy and attractive. The restaurants we ate at were remarkable. The three dinner restaurants are all in a beautiful stone complex overlooking one of the lakes. Ruinas del Mar was outstanding - we both had locally caught fish, which was delicious and ranked among the best meals we had while there. Japengo's sushi was standard at best, but the sea bass (from Chile) and the atmosphere were incredible. For lunch, the casual Palms was perfect - great salads, sandwiches - all very high quality. The water is perfect for swimming and the beach is also great. There's a 2 story waterfall which is a ton of fun, leading into the lovely multilevel pool, which the waterfalls also lead into. The casino is very accessible and lively, and the bars are comfortable and high-end. The service was truly outstanding -- the staff is genuinely and naturally friendly and accommodated anything we needed. Can't say this enough - the staff made you feel very, very welcome, without making you feel uncomfortable. Facilities were also terrific - staring with the excellent health club and spa, where my wife also got a terrific massage. THE BAD: The restaurants, while outstanding, are generally expensive as you might expect. The hotel rooms, while perfectly nice, are on the small side, and the balconies are nothing more than a space to lean out to look at the view - not meant for sitting or hanging out. THE UGLY: The beach, as you've no doubt read here, can be crowded and isn't all that deep. This means you won't find a secluded spot, but my wife and I did fine finding areas that weren't swarming. In addition, about 50 yards out from the beach are abundant (and sometimes loud) water sports in the form of motor boats, etc. Getting beach chairs was not a problem, but getting beach HUTS (which provide some shade) would have been difficult had we tried. The beach wasn't the most quiet and private - but we forgot about it quickly. IN ALL: the bad and ugly were far outweighed by the good. The quality of the facilities, staff and food will bring us back, like it had for a ton of the people we met over the week.

Loved The Hyatt

Perhaps some of the negative reviews are wriitten because at $400 + per night everything is supposed to be perfect and getting up early is not on a person vacation agenda, but it does not seem fair either to give the whole hotel a negative review. This hotel has alot going for it and should in all fairness be treated as such.

Very Good Advice

by TripAdvisor Member saminnewyork

Hello everyone! Our family just got back yesterday 4/11/2004 from an eight days vacation to Aruba, our two girls 12 and 9, our son is 3 , my husband and I. Since I received very good information before we left for the trip at this web site I thought I should return the courtesy, try to help and be as accurate as I can.FLIGHT : The car service picked us up from Long Island to the airport and from JFK (NY) to Aruba it took 4 ½ hours on American Airlines, pleasant flight , and since it was the Passover/Easter vacation, there were about 100 kids on the plane (my kids had a great time!) which made some of the elderly passenger cringe LOL.Tip- do yourselves a huge favor and don’t forget to take things and food to keep the kids Occupied. we took: chex mix, potato chips,carrot and celery stix, cookies, Each kid : in his/ her backpack had a large bottle of Poland springs water with the sports cap (the one that snaps ) , small package of antibacterial wipes (we use the ones called”kids wet ones” by Playtex because they are individually wrapped.) 2 books, CD player with discs, gameboy, 2 arts and crafts projects for the 9 year old, we also took our portable DVD player (which was a good things because the movies both ways were boring to tears!)• it is freezing on the plane – get everyone a jacket.• When they tell you to get there 3 hours early – there is a good reason ,our plane was changed to a smaller one and those who came late were bumped off – even though they got their tickets on line and had their seats pre-assigned! lots of angry people!• Take your headphones with you for each person (from a cd player) they charge you $3 for one, to listen to the movie, music, etc.HOTEL: We stayed at the Hyatt Regency on Palm Beach, we try to stay at a Hyatt hotel anytime we go on vacation – they really make sure everything is to your satisfaction, the staff always treat the kids with patience and a smile . The hotel is beautiful, open air lobby, courteous bell staff. Upon arrival they offer you a small moist towel to freshen up, and an ice cold fruit cocktail drink –I thought I tasted mango,pineapple,papaya and kiwi in the mix.Tip: If you check in after 4:00 and your rooms are not ready- they have to upgrade you to a better available room- don’t hesitate to ask for it – it’s their policy.The hotel is situated in the middle of Palm Beach, to the left you have the Marriott , Holiday Inn and a timeshare complex. To the right you have Wyndham and other motel type hotels. All the hotels are right on the beach- there is a paved pathway on which you can walk on and pass from one hotel to the next- every evening people take strolls to enjoy the sunset (see and be seen). In the back of the hotels which is really the entrance- you have a busy road and beyond that is the restaurant row- sbarro,dunkin donuts, like you never left home. At night it is fun to take the kids there, the souvenir shops are all open and there is live music, it is all lit up beautifully, chairs and tables outdoors, wonderful breeze from the famous trade winds.We reserved a junior suite on the eight floor – which was roomy and pretty- facing the ocean. Regular guest rooms are very very small-( I know that from experience) housekeeping staff is constantly on the floor so if you need extra towel or anything they are eager to help-really nice.Tip- since the Hyatt is not an all inclusive hotel , meals can run you about $3000 a week For a family of five, for breakfast , lunch, dinner and those frozen drinks the kids Charge to the room like they are Rockefellers! It becomes a waste of money when You spend $70 on the breakfast buffet and all your kids end up eating is fruit loops With toast and butter. But, when you reserve a suite, and it doesn’t matter what size suite it is and on which Floor-then you have access to the ninth Floor which is the Concierge level - there You get to help yourselves to the complimentary continental breakfast which They Serve at the lounge (and it is quite amazing) coffee, tea, freshly squeezed Juices, Chocolate milk, bagels, island breads and pastries all fresh (Yes I am a Nudge and will not sacrifice the calories unless they are absolutely worth it!) Assorted cereal and milk, fresh butter, cream Cheese and jams , crepes with Strawberries and cream, slices of island fruits with a pina colada dipping sauce- YUMMY , assorted cheeses …. You get the picture . Then, you are also invited to the complimentary Hors d’oeuvres which they serve from 5:00-7:00 now it gets better, mini lamb chops, meat pastries, fresh salads like musclun ,corn with sweet peppers and tenderloin. Popcorn shrimp and small chicken nuggets (no French fries though ) fresh baguettes and olives, cheeses and fruits, mini hamburgers and pigs in a blanket for the kids All this really eliminates breakfast and lunch for you because, by the time you wake up And ready to go downstairs it is about 10 or 11 in the morning- you eat your brunch at The concierge level – plus takes some to go in boxes they have upon request, you are pretty much set until 5:00 in the afternoon, when you all go up to eat the hors d’oeuvres And that holds you up until whenever you wish to eat dinner, and take extras to go.My husband and I twice took the kids to eat the hors d’oeuvres, at about 6:30, then got them downstairs for a shower and waited for the babysitter to come at 7:30 so we could go out to a quiet romantic dinner. She usually took them to the game room and then at 9:30 back to bed.Even though the suite cost us $550 a night and the last night was free- we saved about $1000 over breakfast and lunches. People- it all ads up because you eat like crazy on vacation.You do have the option to go to the restaurant row and eat pizza and junk food everyday But the food here is so spectacular it is a shame to come all this way and eat the same disgusting fast foods we have at home.BEACH HUTS AND POOL CHAIRS NIGHTMARE: I’m sure by now you are already very much concerned about this situation, from all the reports you read previously as I was. Unfortunately it is all true, people line up at 6:00(Maniacs) in the morning to get chairs assigned to them by the pool and huts with chairs on the beach. The first morning my husband got up to asses the situation( he is an early riser ) got us a hut on the beach and some chairs by the pool and we all got down at 11:00 after breakfast. The good news is that no one dares to remove your towels or take your chairs, the bad news is that the pool and beach are so crowded it feels like you are in Manhattan, on 42nd street during lunch hour! I wish the management at the Hyatt could restrict people coming over by taxies from other hotels to use the pool the beach and the restaurants; it was crowded and unpleasant-though the use of the water slides was granted to the hotel kids only ,which were given red wristbands. On the second day we reserved a beach cabana (very pretty) for $50 a day for the rest of our stay- it made sure we have some respite from the scorching sun without playing chair and hut commando with anyone! They provide you with chairs, towels a small table and a cooler with water bottles and soft drinks with ice.Beach and pool towels- nice, fluffy and extra large and a different color than room towels which helps you to remember to return it back to the towel hut.FOOD : Restaurants we visited: ask for non smoking section if you need it ! Ruinas del mar –at the hotel – exceptionally delicious lamb chops. El Gaucho - excellent steakes ,kids love it Amazonia – churrascaria , overly stuffed ourselves – good . Chalet Suisse - main course nothing to write home about but the swiss chocolate fondu is great.Le Dome - average food, stuffy atmosphere – They allow smoking indoors YUCKY. Chez Matilde - very good French fare.Madame jeanette - terrific atmosphere, excellent food Outdoor seating in an all lit up garden -pretty no A/C in the bathroom – almost melted of heat. Iguana Joe’s - fun for the kids, seating is on terrace overlooking marina and restaurants on the Water. Delicious Tapas and ribs.Ventanas del mar - breathtaking sunset when seated outdoors on the terrace, service is exceptional, food is good * If you go to the Marriot hotel, in the lobby they give out a free copy of “Menu- dining and entertainment in Aruba” which outlines all the restaurants with Their menus and prices, shows around town etc. really useful. Tip – Please don’t bother to buy bottled water – Aruba has the largest water desalination Plant which means their tap water is safe and delicious to drink – we did, and it is Pure it tastes almost sweet! All the establishments charge about $5 for a bottle of imported water and $2 for arubian bottled water. Simply bring from home with you 4 bottles of water with the sports cap and refill it every day- don’t forget to clean the bottle and air-dry it before refilling it – it can harbor bacteria. Mishaps : 1) on the third day ,even though we all put SPF 45 sunscreen on every 2 hours My husband and three kids suffered from sun poisoning which can look like either a read mass rash on cheeks and shoulders and arms or red pimple like bumps with a whitehead, very itchy very uncomfortable – now, by now, you all know how *** I am , brought with me a mini pharmacy with benadryl, Motrin cefzyl,visine ,Erythromycin,Cortaid and whatnot –nothing helped- had to call the doctor who prescribed “atarax” on Friday ,which was good Friday and EVERYTHING was closed! Finally found a 24hours pharmacy, everyone is happy.2)Our vacation dates fell on Easter, which meant all the shops on the Island were Closed: Friday (for Good Friday), Saturday (Island observance day), Sunday (for Easter), and Monday (for Easter Monday- which I never heard of before!) I –who looked forward to shopping in the “best shopping district in the Caribbean, decided to wait with the shopping till the end of the trip (I could have kicked myself for not finding out early enough about closing times and dates) Ended up with nothing but chutzkkahs (is that how you spell it? It means junk.) Which I was “lucky” enough to get at the airport. Moral of the story- go shopping early in the trip!3)we decided to rent a jeep and tour the island on our own- which was fine, we saw The natural bridge the lighthouse and Orangestad, found a great bakery , (“Bright Bakery”-look for it, the locals will direct you) went to the most pretty and serene looking beach we ever saw called “Baby Beach” Until we decided to find the Natural pool on our own-BIG MISTAKE! Take it from us, tour the island with the jeep, its fun and safe but take the ABC jeep half day tour to see the natural pool. The pool is located at the end of the island in a rocky place where there is not a living soul, barely accessible by the jeep ,our kids were petrified and we ended up turning back only about a mile away from the site. From what we hear this pool is a challenge that many people try to undertake and fail- we did our failing share.I know it's a long review but I wish someone would have done it before me so I would have been informed- enjoy your vacation DLO

Really enjoyed our stay

We went to the Hyatt in November, 2003. At the time we were undecided as to whether we should book at the Hyatt or at the Radisson. We chose the Hyatt on the recommendation of a personal friend and we were not disappointed. The rooms were clean and not as small as we expected based on the other reviewers comments. The place is great for people with kids. The pools are only 4 feet deep and there's a large wading pool for the small ones. You do have to wake up early to get a cabana on the beach. This is a great big hassle and I wouldnt' expect it from a luxury hotel. The grounds are spectacular!

Fantastic stay

by TripAdvisor Member Cruiser248

The Hyatt is the best. The open air lobby is beautiful, and everyone is very pleasant. The rooms are normal sized (not large) but extremely clean and comfortable. The location of the Hyatt is ideal for walking to shops, restaurants, etc. The pools and jacuzzis are open 24 hours! The system of assigning shade huts early in the morning is organized and a good way to secure your shade for the day. We looked at all of the other hotels on Palm Beach, and the Hyatt was the best. We will go back.

Loved the Hyatt - Just Got Back!

by TripAdvisor Member Beschutzer

Just returned from staying at the Hyatt 4/18-4/26 and it is everything we wanted it to be and more. We looked at the Radisson, Marriott and Wyndham as well but they are no Hyatt. The Hyatt is a bit more expensive but I feel it is definitely worth it. The rooms are a bit smaller with only the step out balconies but we didn't go to Aruba to spend time in a hotel room! Everything was spic and span and we wouldn't change a thing about our stay. You cannot go wrong with the Hyatt. If anyone has more specific questions you may e-mail me if you like.

Loved the Hyatt

The Hyatt was beautiful. I own a business & this was the 1st real vacation in a while. I took my wife , two boys 3 & 7, mother-in law. mather & father. We couldn't have asked for a better destination. Totally forgot work & enjoyed ourselves. We took my dad who was in a wheelchair & in need of oxygen as well. My wife was on crutches from a fracture & ligament damage due to a fall 4 days before we left, so we had challenges. The staff was exceptional. For us the people made the trip. There are more beautiful islands, but I have never experienced such genuinely nice people. Due to our limitations we spent most of the time at the hyatt. The pool was great for the kids, espescially the waterslide. The food in all the restaraunts in the hyatt was great. The rooms were average, but we only used them to sleep, so it was a non-issue. It is a very kid friendly resort, much to the consternation of some people. Plenty of fun watersports at the resort. I can see how the towel hut thing was kind of a pain. I'm a morning person so I went to the hut at 6 to wait for it to open at 7 & still was about 15th in line. It is all in how you look at it. Some people thought is was a pain getting up to get the huts. How bad can it be? You're in Aruba, by the beach having coffee, no kids, reading or getting to know people as crazy as you. I thought it was kind of fun. I surprised my wife with "pampered in paradise". We had dinner for 2 at sunset on the beach with flowers for her, our own personal waiter, photographer & solo guitarist. Not for every wallet, but worth it for us. I'm going back next year same place same time

Aruba Hyatt Regency & Casino.

by Arubasun.

"Aruba's first elegant five star hotel but not the"

Above the Aruba Hyatt Regency Hotel & Casino picture taking at sunset. Hyatt Aruba Regency is one of Aruba's five star resorts. It has 360 fully airconditioned rooms and 4 restaurants. The garden at the Hyatt Hotel is said to be the most beautiful off all hotels on the island. The pool area of the Hyatt is a true paradise with many flowers, waterfalls, exotic birds and fishes. It is the ideal place for a romantic honeymoon vacation or to propose to someone you love.

The elegant lobby at the Aruba Hyatt Regency is just the beginning of a perfect vacation.

Rooms at the Aruba Hyatt Regency are elegent and there are balconies however there are no roomy balconies unless you ask for Oceanfront. The Oceanfront rooms of the Hyatt are the most expensive rooms yet one the most beautiful resort rooms on the island.

Above is a picture of the Palm Bar and Grill one of the 4 restaurants at the Aruba Hyatt Regency Hotel & Casino.
This is one of the many romantic restaurants on the island, and it is an addition in making Aruba a popular honeymooners paradise.

Comments