4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Expedia.com CheapCaribbean

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Radisson Aruba Resort & Casino

Radisson Aruba Resorts - One...

by SunnyIsle

Radisson Aruba Resorts - One of the high rise
299.00 USD
per night You can choose from:
(1) High Rise Hotels
(2) Low rise
(3) Apartments
(4) Villas
(5) private properties can also be made available

Check out the casino while there along with the cabaret.

Best Hotel on the Island

by Kurtiemon about Radisson Aruba Resort & Casino

What can I say! The grounds are magnificent, the casino is among the best on the island, the restaurants have fabulous food and the pool area is a sight to see. Eating breakfast at the Laguna Fish Market makes you feel like your in the jungle yet surrounded by all the beautiful landscape of a 5 star hotel. The pool area is winding (water slide too!) and can only be described as the best in Aruba.

Loved the Radisson!

by TripAdvisor Member beachgirl_2004

My mother and I went on a trip to Aruba Oct. 19-24th 2003. We thought the Radisson Aruba was excellent. The grounds of the resort and the lobby were tropical and very beautiful. The rooms were very clean and nice but weren't very spacious but we hardly spent any time in there anyway. The pools looked nice but the beach is so beautiful that we didn't even enter the pools at all. The staff could not have been more efficient and they were all very pleasant. They seemed to do anything to make your vacation dreams come true. We ate at the Laguna, which was great and Gilligan's food was okay but pricey. The maid service was also great. I would definitely stay at the Radisson Aruba again, mostly because of the kindly staff and the beautiful atmosphere. The only drawback is the expense and they don't offer all-inclusive package.

Mixed review

by TripAdvisor Member write_angel

We spent the week of 9/27 - 10/4 at the Radisson in Aruba. It's hard to pick a single score. In some cases, the Radisson was exceptional. In other cases, we had some defining issues that could impact our decision to return to the Radisson on a future visit. To break it down:Grounds: 5 Concierge, Bellmen, restaurant, housekeeping personnel: 5 Registration/Front Desk personnel: 1 or 2 Overall restaurant food and service: 5 Overall restaurant pricing: 2 (WAY too pricey) Room: 2Every "tropical" trip my husband and I have been on, we've always requested and received an exceptional view of the ocean. So, when I booked this trip for us, I was most emphatic with my travel agency that I wanted OCEAN VIEW. My travel agent suggested I pay extra for PARTIAL OCEAN, but not FULL. She assured me we could upgrade to full once we got there. I agreed reluctantly.When we arrived, besides having to wait several hours to get into our room (which basically ruined our first day), we were given a room WITHOUT ANY VIEW of the ocean. I tried to convince the desk of this and that we had paid extra for PARTIAL OCEAN, but they were unwilling to accommodate us. We finally decided to work with our TNT Vacation rep who enthusiastically went to bat for us. We took several digital views of the balcony, and especially the huge palm tree outside our balcony that overpoweringly blocked any view of pretty much anything to show her the 'evidence' (since she was not able to come to our hotel). We were able to demonstrate quite clearly that there was absolutely NO view of the ocean, partial or otherwise. After much negotiation, she was able to convince the management at Radisson to move us. We did so on Day 3. What a difference. We were originally in Bonaire (I do NOT recommend that bldg) and were moved to Curacao, the 6th floor. A vast improvement!The rooms are small, as others have indicated. Not much room to put your 'stuff'. But the housekeeping does a great job and the bell personnel are wonderful too.The concierge staff was also exceptional. They helped with another issue we had. We had purchased "Dine Around", thinking that the Radisson restaurants were also included (i.e., of most interest, for breakfast). We learned when we arrived at the Radisson that this was not the case. We were not happy about this, but we made the best of it. The Wyndham breakfast buffet (at one of their restaurants) was included, and so we walked every day to the Wyndham to partake. We never had breakfast at the Radisson. Why should we? We pre-paid for breakfast and if we couldn't negotiate with Radisson, we'd go elsewhere. We learned that others had gotten breakfast included, which proves that the Radisson could have worked with us but they chose not to. I will add, however, that the Radisson did include a $100 credit as long as you eat there. But considering how terribly expensive it is to dine there, it was a bit too easy to spend that amount and some.The grounds are what make the Radisson stand out. That is why we originally selected this hotel. This was my 3rd trip to the island and my husband's 2nd (with me). We "checked out" the Radisson when we were in Aruba the last time (during "9-11").My husband and I are 'on the fence' as to whether we would stay at the Radisson again. While most of the staff was exceptional and the ambience extraordinary, the situation with the room has left a sour taste in our mouths. If we could be sure that we would get what we paid for, we would go back. Quite frankly, we dont share that confidence in the Radisson at this time. Otherwise, we will try another resort at Palm Beach. We strolled the "strip" along the beach once again and saw other possible candidates for our next trip to Aruba.

The best of Aruba!!

Exceptional! Every aspect of our stay was wonderful. The staff couln't be nicer and frindly. This was our first time we visited Aruba, but won't be our last. While we were ther, we viewed other hotels. No other compared to the Raddisson. Recently completely renovated, the rooms wer impecable and made you feel like your room was your own home. Every room has it's own balcony and the beach is close with a beautiful tropical area that you walk through. The sunsret Grille restaurant was as good as the best restaurants we have encountered in NY City. The price isn't cheap, but it's your vacation and the food & service warrents the cost. We are planning our next visit to Aruba as we speak and we won't look at any other property than the Raddisson. Execellent in everyway!

We had a great time!

We enjoyed our stay 10/29/03-11/2/03. The grounds were great, the water spectacular, the sunsets unforgettable. The rooms were a tad small but nicley appointed (we survived), but there were some funky smells coming from the drains, but we would return again. The Gilligans bar was a great place to meet new friends and have a cool drink ( I recommend the bucket of shrimp or the grouper sandwich with a cold beer). Of all the restaurants sunset grill was the best, but also the priceiest, the service here was superiour and the food outstanding. Lagunas food was ordinary by any standard and pricey for the food, but we still enjoyed our meal. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel, could not keep the kids out of the pools. We all had a great time!

Perfect Vacation!

My Husband and I just got back from our trip to the Radissoon in Aruba.
I normally don't write reviews, but I had to let everyone know what a great place this is. We visited from Nov. 17-24th. It was one of the best week of my life. I can't say enough good things about the Radisson and about Aruba in general. I can't belive any review would be different. I read a negative review and I have no idea where that person is coming from. The staff at the Radisson was so pleasent. The only negative thing I can think of is when we checked in they did not have a king size bed in non-smoking. So we had to take a room on the smoking floor. And I will say the rooms are a bit on the small size, but really it was fine for the week. Everything else was so wonderful, it made up for the smaller size room.The Radisson is by far the nicest resort in Aruba. The pools are very spacious and quiet. It was so relaxing to sit in a chair with my feet in the water and read. The grounds are spotless and the beach is absolutely beautiful. I felt like each day was complete paradise. We walked down the strip of hotels to compare and nothing even comes close to the Radisson. I read a lot about the Hyatt and I will say it is very nice there as well. At night the Hyatt has a band playing and their shops are open later than the Radisson, but that's about it. The Radisson's casino is by far nicer and the grounds, pools and beach at the Radisson are much nicer. If you enjoy sitting by the pool and large tropical pools & waterfalls, definitely go to the Radisson! The Hyatt has a nice pool, but only one, the Radisson has 2 VERY large pools. You can't go wrong with the Radisson, trust me, this place is great. I am already planning our trip back next year. I've been to several Caribean Islands and resorts and this is by far the nicest resort I have ever visited.

best vacation ever

The Radisson was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The service and food were excellent. The beach and pools were awesome. We could always find chairs by the pools and beach. The grounds were beautiful.
There were birds and lizards about and the rooms were nice. The rooms and restaurants were pricey, but good. The Sunday brunch is a must at sunset grill. The rooms were small but lovely. We will return to the radisson.

It could be much better !

We stayed in Radisson on 11/28-12/05/03. Our "luck" began when we tried to check in at 3:53 PM. The room was not ready! We were asked to wait!
We were exhausted by our flight and I asked front desk representative to give us the room that was ready. Before our trip I checked the check-in time and on some websites it was 3:00 PM, others showed 4:00 PM. THe concierge told me that their check-in time was 4. When I showed him seven minutes ! before 4:00 on my watch he suddenly gave us a room and mubbled something like: " I wanted to give you a room at the end, but since you don't want to wait, here is your key". We did not realize what he meant until we spent the first night in our room. The room was small and I think somewhat cut off because it was right next to the elevator. The closets were half size. The room was clean. We could not here the elevator, but people coming at any time during the night were very loud by the time they get to their rooms. Since our room was the first... the rest you can figure out. We could also hear cars, since the room was in the building next to the parking lot. To crown this all, I woke up at 1:30 am feeling no air in the room. To make the very long story about that night short, our air condition broke. I don't know how we made it till the morning. We could not open the balcony, since there is mosquitos and they do bite, and there was no net door.
In the morning I notified the front desk about the problem. They were very fast at fixing the problem (it was the whole unit on the floor broken) but anyway I insisted on moving to a different building. The room in the middle building was bigger, very clean, nice setup, normal size closets. We were happy. The manager at front desk offered us to send the bell guy to help us to move but nobody showed up in 40 minutes, so we carried our stuff on our own. We spent our half of the second day fixing this problem. We saw the beach and sun only after lunch. We were very happy and our good mood began to come back to us.
But... Next day and the following it rained heavily, parts of Aruba were flooded, some residential areas had to be evacuated. Aruba doesn't have any of the bad weather seasons so we were really surprised and were hoping to see the sun the next morning. But it did not happened till the end of our stay. On the fourth day when we came back from downtown shopping (there is nothing you can do on the beach during tropical rains) at 6:00 PM our room still were not cleaned. We had no clean towels or toilet paper. We could not believe our eyes! We had a reservation for 8:30 PM at "Sunset Grill" and really wanted to get ready after long shopping day. We contacted the same manager (she dealt with air condition problem for us) and could not find the words to describe our situatuion. She sent us a cleaning lady pretty fast. We had to leave and spent the rest of the time before our dinner in the bar. In "Sunset Grill" the survice was good, the food was very bad for the restaurant of this level (or the level they want you to believe it is), and very pricey. The manager promissed us to send a basket of fruits to ease our "unbelievable" stay at Radisson but she never did it which really made us feel even worse. When I mentioned this to front desk person upon check out, he just silently ignored my words. I gave up. This was experience in Radisson. I understand it is Islands but still... Overall, I can't stress enough how people are nice in Aruba.
Very nice! They don't have that ignorant attitude that Bahamians do.
It's very safe in Aruba. But you still don't want to leave anything in your car even at the parking lot. Things can be stolen. Use common sense. DO GO to downtown in the evening (bus right next to the Radisson). See "Latin Show" it's pretty nice. The beaches are very good. The nature is very beautiful ( or those lizzards! :)and different from one side of the island to another. DO take a tour around Aruba.
You'll see much more then your hotel. DO DINE out in other restaurants other then in your hotel. "Aqua Grill", and "Solo MAre" five stars, excellent food, service, people. And there are many other reastaurants located 5-15 minutes walk from Radisson, just ask anyone they will gladly show you, draw the map, anything to help you find what you want.
Do buy "Vataha"calling cards for the public phones if you want to call US. They are great deals. $5 for 29 minutes after 7:00 PM. Just ask anyone across from the hotel area, near "Salt & Pepper" bar.

14th trip to Aruba

by TripAdvisor Member palapaprincess66

Just returned from our 14th trip to Aruba, all of them spent at The Radisson except for the two Decembers they were under renovation. Have always been treated with respect and kindness and that is one of the reasons we keep returning. This year the weather was sporadic but eventually the sun came and stayed out all day.Sunset Grill is one of our favorites and have never had a bad meal there. Breakfast every day at Laguna which is more than I can handle. Music, good service and good food, what more can you ask for. Brought my daughter, her husband and our granddaughter this year. They had a ball. Try looking at the rooms in other hotels if that is where you plan to spend your time, our time is spent on the beach and at the pool and you cant beat either at The Radisson.

Comments