J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 41, Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba, Caribbean
Booking.com Expedia.com CheapCaribbean

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

All inclusive on the beach

by Bob_F about Tamarijn Resort

The resort is a casual all inclusive . Everything !! Food drinks , nightly entertainment , water sports beautiful pool you need it it's here . And the Tamarijn is right on the beach . You wake up every morning to the ocean . All rooms face the beach . The sunsets are stunning . The food here is very good . It's not fancy . The resturant is a patio on the beach . But it's better than average . There is a room for those who want to be served too .
The beach is beautiful . See my pics . They say it all .
We took the snorkel equipment to Baby Beach on the far end of the island . It was a high point of our vacation and the staff didn't mind us leaving the resort with the equipment .
Everyone is very friendly here .
They have nightly entertainment . Music and dancing .
This is a great place for travelers that like a casual but very nice vacation .

A bit disappointed in Tamarijn

by TripAdvisor Member pab99

We just visited the Tamarijn resort and were a little disappointed to find that although the staff were very friendly, the food was good and the location was great; the overall state of repair of the resort was very poor. The room we were in was clean but in need of refurbishment. The restaurant's were also in need decoration and the gym was a joke.It is clear that the resort is undergoing significant redevelopment, including a new gym. The Divi resort, down the beach has already been improved and it is definitely worth using their restaurants you have the option.

Had a Blast and Relaxed!

My boyfriend and I had a very relaxing time at the Tamarijn. Never really used the hotel pool......used the ones associated with the condos instead. Not sure if we were supposed to do that or not, but no one stopped us. Everyone was very friendly. I don't think the sheets were changed daily (if at all), that is my only (minor) complaint. We sat thru the timeshare talk....just for the free 4-wheel rental. It ended up being worth it. Rented a Suzuki Jimny (smaller than Samari).
Found the Natural Bridge, it was pretty. Found the Natural Pool - that was gorgeous! Went horseback riding....I enjoyed it emensly, he did not! If you are looking for a laid back place to stay with gorgeous views of the ocean, I recommend the Tamarijn. To spice up the vacation a bit, get the Mega All-Inclusive (we didn't) and use the Divi's facilities too!

fabulous time at tam

by TripAdvisor Member guidance246

Three couples spent a week at the Tam August 16-23 and six people went back to N.Y. very happy. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfasts and lunches were great and dinners were good. The Red Parrot was super, while the Paparazzi was subpar Italian to those of us who know NY Italian food. Service was friendly and excellent on all accounts. If you are fun loving and not looking for the amenities of the Plaza, the Tam is great. Make sure you take the deluxe package that allows you access to the Divi. The extra bucks make it seem like you are on two vacations. If you are a snorkeler DePalm Island is a must. Also give you insides the ride of their life, take the ABC extreme jeep safari. ENJOY!

Aruba is beautiful, the Tam is just OK

by TripAdvisor Member GlobalK

Although I only give the Tam 2 out of 5 stars, Aruba itself deserves 4 stars. SERVICE AT THE RESORT We had several issues with staff at the Tam. Let me start by saying that my husband and I are both very easy-going people. We didn't expect anyone to cater to us but we do expect some common courtesy and repect. We worked in the service industry for several years while putting ourselves through college and have a pretty good handle on what good service is all about. We were there the last week in July. We had never stayed at an all-inclusive and after this we aren't sure if we will again -only because it seems to affect the quality of service you receive. Oh, and we are generous tippers although that did not seem to improve the service at all. We found the front desk (check-in and check-out) staff, several of the bartenders, and the concierge staff to be downright rude on many occasions. Most of the time they acted as if we were an inconvenience to them by asking for a map or directions, or a drink, or a float, or help with car rental reservations. On our first day there I asked a bartender at the Divi for a rumrunner drink and he said "I don't know what that is and even if you insist on telling me what it is I won't make it." Oh my - I must admit I was worried we had made a horrible mistake at that point. But not all the service was nearly that bad. We had some staff members that were very nice. The housekeeper that cleaned our room everyday,in particular, was very sweet and went out of her way to ask us repeatedly if she could do anything to make our stay more pleasant. THE RESORT ITSELFThe rooms are clean, but not at all fancy. We stayed in Bldng 12 which I think is in a great location. You are bascially in the middle of The Tam and the Divi and can easily walk to any of the bars, restaurants, pools, etc... It is a very good central location. The Red Parrot has excellent food and drinks!!
Paparrazi is also very good. The Bunker Bar is in a very scenic spot and is "away from it all" as much as you can get at the Tam. The buffets were all OK, nothing bad and nothing spectacular.Riding the complementary bikes into the city or down to other beaches is fun, but be careful of the daredevil car drivers. Windsurfing and kayaking at the resort is also great fun, but be careful because the wind can carry you too far away very quickly. THE ISLAND OF ARUBAHighlights of the island (we rented a car for a day and navigated ourselves around):*Natural Bridge*Lighthouse - and all the resident billygoats*Carlos and Charlies - what a fun place*The wreck on Manchebo beach - great snorkeling*Overall it is just a beautiful island, unlike an other Carribean or tropical destination we had ever been to. The dessert landscape combined with the beautiful clear waters, bright blue skies, and ever present breeze is a winning combination.

The Tam fits the bill

I went to the Tam for a honeymoon during the last week of August 03'.
At the time I booked (about 3 months in advance) Travelocity quoted the best rate. I was told when I booked the trip with Travelocity that I would get a $100 gift card for use on the island. This did not happen for me as the desk clerk advised that promotion ended a week or two before I got there. I approached Travelocity customer service and they stood by their commitment to me and refunded me the $100 in a timley manner. The arrival and check in was quick and painless (this resort is quick to get to from the airport - but far enough away from it). The room was nice and clean. We had trouble with the AC being too cold! and they fixed it with due speed. There was no Fridge in the room which was disapointing but, when we got ice to cool down drinks in the sink, the maid noticed this and set us up with a cooler and fesh ice (nice touch). No tips are required or really expected - but when there is great service, I let the dollars flow to those that deserved a little perk. The beach is a bit rough in places - the best area is by the watersports building. The FOOD = absolutley great. Breakfasts were always good with omletes made to order and plenty of other things to choose from. Lunch had many options and was always good (the burgers were not good though). I cannot say enough about the Dinners which were fabulous. Do the Mega to sample the Divi (I will go back to these resorts and may pick that one next). Four/Five course dinners were standard with great food and exceptional service. Do try All the Restaurants on the properties. As honeymooners, we even got to sample a 3rd related resort for a candlelit dinner by the ocean with sunset. Do try to rent a car to see the island for yourself (this can be done for a full day for less than $60 or so depending on the car). The drinks at the many bars are top shelf and strong. For the most part, the bartenders were very good - try a "brown lady" - made by Tina. The entertainment was good with a little of something for everyone.
Finally, the weather was nice every day (while hurricanes were hitting Mexico and Hawaii). Temps in the 80's and sunny everyday - whcih is the norm all year round. As Arnold says "I'll be back".

Second time around

This is our second time at the Tam and can't wait until we go again. We always get our room in the 2200's, away from the main part of the resort. Gives us a chance to get in some exercise and walk off the great food. This time we had the mega all inclusive. In my opinion, not worth the extra money, since we primarily stayed at the Tam. People are wonderful and believe it or not they actually remembered us from our previous visit 3 years. The rooms are large and clear and all are ocean view. We had a balcony this time instead of a. Both are wonderful. This is our 3rd trip to Aruba and as I said our 2nd to the Tam and we find going to the Tam is like going home to us.

Tamarijn Aruba.

by Arubasun.

"Nice Caribbean atmosphere."

Tamarijn Aruba is a very much a Caribbean like resort, small colorfull and yet it can be lots of fun.

Walkway of the Tamarijn alongside Druif Beach which is the Beach infront of the Tamarijn.

"Breakfast at Tamarijn."

This buffet looks to good for an all inclusive don't you agree?

WINDY OR TOO BUGGY IN ARUBA? DIVI OR TAMARIJN ?

by STETLER

WE ARE LOOKING TO TRAVEL TO ARUBA THE END OF AUGUST. IS IT TOO WINDY THERE? WE HEARD THE WIND KICKS UP THE SAND WHEN YOU ARE LYING ON THE BEACH BUT ALSO HEARD THIS IS ONLY AT SOME RESORTS, IT DEPENDS ON WHERE IT IS. ALSO SOMEONE HAD TOLD US THAT THE H/I SUNSPREE HAS A REAL NICE BEACH NOT LIKE THE OTHERS WHICH ARE NOT JUST SAND BUT ROCKS, SHELLS, ETC. HOW ARE THE BEACHES? WE ARE LOOKING INTO GOING A/I ONLY SO WE ARE THINKING MAYBE THE DIVI ARUBA A/I OR THE TAMARIJN BUT WITH THE EXTRA PKG (NOT SURE WHAT IT IS CALLED?) SO WE CAN USE THE DIVI AS WELL. FOR SOME REASON THE DIVI AUTOMATICALLY INCL. THE SISTER RESORT BUT IT DOES NOT WORK THE OTHER WAY AROUND. WE ALSO LOOKED INTO THE WYNDHAM OR ARUBA GRAND BUT THINKING ONE OF THE OTHERS UNLESS SOMEONE CAN PERSUADE US OTHERWISE. WE ALSO HEARD THE FLIES ARE EVERWHERE WHEN YOU ARE EATING, HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS? I UNDERSTAND IT IS HOT BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT IN THE CARRIBEAN, SOMEONE HAD SAID IT IS UNBEARABLE, IS THAT TRUE FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR? WE WANT A CLEAN ROOM, RESORT THAT HAS BEEN UPDATED POSSIBLY BUT NOT RUN DOWN AND A NON SMOKING RM DUE TO LUNG PROBLEMS. THANKS!!

RE: WINDY OR TOO BUGGY IN ARUBA? DIVI OR TAMARIJN ?

by strong26

I traveled with my family and friends about 5 years ago. I could retire there. The trade winds were wonderful. It was hot, but the trade winds made it feel just right. We visited 7 days in the month of July. I never had any sands kick up at me while we were there. We stayed at the Marriot. The beach there was great. I don't remember the flys being a problem, but there are plenty of small lizards running around. They love it when you through food on the ground. We watched them compete for food during our lunch at the beach grill. They provided great entertainment. We are planning on returning to Aruba in late December or late March. I can't wait to get back there. If you get a chance to travel the opposite side of the island, it was pretty neat.

Aruba for 2 people aged 24

by Bashment

Hi, Just looking at Holidays to Aruba for myself and my girlfriend, wasn't sure about Aruba because the travel agent wasn't at all helpful, what is there to do on the island, how nice are the beaches, is the sea crystal blue?
Also we would be staying @ the Tamarijn beach resort, any first hand experience of what the hotel is like, also we do you think there is enough on the island to keep us busy, as we like to explore.

Many Thanks in advance

RE: Aruba for 2 people aged 24

by vanderlust

Aruba offers much to do especially if you like the water. There are protected areas for swimming, snorkel sites, dive sites and good windsurfing. Check out the natural bridge on the north shore or the lighthouse at California point at the West(?) end. Both make for great photos. Of course, a lot of this depends on the time of year that you visit. July - November will put a damper on these activities.

by TexasDave

Aruba has a different feel than most Caribbean islands because there are no mountains and everything is dry and desert-like. Palm beach is the largest draw for tourists and is perfect for swimming, enjoying the surf, etc. We stayed at the Divi Tamarijn Beach resort, I don't know if it's the same as the one you refer to, but it is nice, althouth showing its age somewhat. We've stayed there for a whole week and have also visited several times on cruise ships and have always enjoyed it.

P.S. In the local supermarkets you can get imported Gouda cheese (from the Netherlands)at a good price.

by vanderlust

The natural bridge collapsed?!!! Thats sad. It was a beautiful place to watch the surf fill the pool behind it. I mentioned the storm season knowing that Aruba is out of the path of most hurricanes but you still get the wet stormy season if I remember correctly.

by Ztrain

When i was there in Sept.they were talking about "glueing it back together".

Ditto on Eagle Beach.2 A.M. with a full moon.Water up to your neck and you'll be able to see your toenails.

Comments