Bakval #20, Palm/Eagle Beach, Aruba, Caribbean

More about Aruba

Mauri and the Safari JeepMauri and the Safari Jeep

Aruba to Venezuela

by pamsuzanne

I am planning a trip to Aruba in September and would like to visit Venezuela for a day, how do I go about that (ie. plane, boat, ferry) and is it safe? Also, some places of interest in Venezuela. Thank you for any info.

by travelnut71

Hi! I was going to post the same question about transport but to answer your other half, check out La Tortuga island. I just don't know how to get there other than taking a plane. Ferry anyone?

by travelnut71

Sorry, I meant Los Roques island, not La Tortuga! It's really close to Aruba

by hubert999

Venezuela for a day is very difficult and almost impossible to do in a day from the ABC islands. Plane is the only options/ Getting to islands like los Roques or Aves will take you more than a day and besides that I do not recommend it right now

Travel Tips for Aruba

aruba - beautiful island

by weeflash

What a beatiful place, we wnt there on honeymoon and i was totally blown away by the place. The sun was scorching but the sea was cooling. We stayed at the didvi all inclusive and we werent diappointed. it was everything that was shown in the brochure. food was great.
the island has many interesting places to go, we went to the hard rock cafe but found it expensive.
the main town was full of expensive jewelers but the market across the road was kool and intersting.

Fantastic island

by Sweensie

"Friendliness"

The Arubian people are so friendly.
Apart from the grumpy taxi-man we got from the airport to our hotel when we first got there, everyone else was extremely friendly and chatty. Quite a bit different from what we experienced in San Francisco, which we had just left. People took their time when talking with you, they didn't just be pleasant and then leave. Lots of laughter too.
Aruba is called "One Happy Island" and I think its pretty true!

"Windy and wild"

I was lucky enough to have bought some hairbands when we were in San Francisco, and I was very glad of them as its very windy! We had been told it was windy, but it didn't really sink in until we got there.
I wore a hairband most of the time I was outside in Aruba, except when I was swimming. It got so that I could tell the ladies who had just arrived in Aruba as they didnt wear a hairband, and most of the rest of us did!!
Going outside of the towns, the terraine is just like a desert, lots of barren lands interspersed with cacti.

"The Iguana's!!"

There are Iguana's everywhere so be warned!
I love them, I'm fascinated by them, but I know a lot of people don't like them.
There were several of them near our pool area, which was conveniently located behind the restarant, where people would feed them with lettuce and tomatoes. There were also a few living in the bushes near our room and were a little shyer than the ones near the pool.
Photo to come!