Aruba Hotels

Our Members Say

• droid_travel14 profile photo droid_travel14
  • Reviews: 5

Divi Phoenix Resort

My wife and I recently stayed at the Divi Phoenix Resort for 7 days. I thought the hotel was very nice. The service was pretty good as well. We stayed in the suites in the tower part that has 14 floors, we were on one of the 2nd from the top floor, the views from there were very nice. We did get a tour of the "newer" suites. The newer suites have dishwasher & washer / dryer, and oven I believe. Ours did not have those amenties, and we only had 1 bathroom, the newer suites have 2 bathrooms. The suite we stayed in was still pretty nice, although there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom which was a little weird, and the lighting seemed dim. The staff did tell us that the older suites were going to be remodeled I believe in May/June 2014 so that may change what amenities they currently have in those older suites.
The 2 restaurants at the hotel are pretty nice, they also have a deli area but we never tried it. The Pure Ocean restaurant you can do dinner on the beach which we did one of the last nights we were there, we had amazing views. There are also grilling stations at the resort so you can grill your own food, we did that on several nights we were there. The beach was great, water was fairly shallow and great for children. There are plenty of water activities to do up and down the beach. You can also eat at some of the other restaurants at other resorts which we did once. One tip I would give someone going to Aruba is to bring chair clips to clip your towel to the chair, Aruba is fairly windy most of the time, and your towel will blow off the chair easily. They have 3-4 pool areas with a swim up bar in one of the pools. I think they have 2 hot tubs at the resort as well.
Also, if you live near chicago at all, the airport had told us the southwest airline will be flying direct to Aruba starting somewhere around May 2014. So you won't have to connect in Atlanta or Orlando or anywhere before flying to Aruba.

-Swim up bar
-2 hot tubs
-4-5 grilling stations
-Hertz car rental on premises

• Written March 24, 2014
Tip Photo

a view of some of their pools, swim up bar as well

• ATXtraveler profile photo ATXtraveler
  • Reviews: 2076

Westin Aruba: Great High Rise Hotel

The Westin Aruba is a very nice hotel in the middle of the "High Rise" group of hotels near Palm Beach in Aruba. As a Platinum member of Starwood's Preferred Guest Program, I regularly get to stay in SPG hotels for free with the points I earn during the year for travel.

The Westin in Aruba is one of the nicer resort properties I have been in, and despite the external view looking like a 80's block style hotel, the inside is very up to date and the rooms are nice. We were upgraded to the corner suite facing the beach, and it is a beautiful room. Two separate patios allow for plenty of ocean watching, and on weekend nights the sound of the local bar where live music was playing was audible but not too loud.

The only downside we found from the hotel is that there is a casino on the ground floor, and it has open doors where the smoke from inside pours out and hits the elevator causing most hotel guests to get a good whiff of second hand smoke.

The beach at the Westin is lovely, and the pool area is a close second.

• Related to: Casino and Gambling, Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 9, 2013

View from 12th floor

• windsorgirl profile photo windsorgirl
  • Reviews: 753

Radisson Aruba: Beautiful landscaping

We stayed 7 nights at the Radisson. We are Club Carlson members and were lucky to be upgraded to a suite within steps of the pool. Usually we like to spend our time on the beach, but the pool was so convenient to our room and so beautifully landscaped, like an oasis with so many palm trees that we spent more time there than at the beach. Our room was very nice with a huge marble bathroom. We were very pleased with our accommodations.

The zero entry pool with sand and the shade of so many palm trees was unique for me. I loved being able to walk into the water like you were walking into the ocean. The Radisson also had many tropical birds, in cages, around the property. Everyday from 11-noon the birds are let out, so you can get up close to them. There were also alot of wild iguanas on the property.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches, Spa and Resort
  • Written February 6, 2013

zero entry pool

• travelguy07 profile photo travelguy07

Radisson Aruba Resort and Casino: Aruba's best overall resort

Been here many times. My opinion is it is the best overall resort on the island for value, luxury, amenities and location.

However depending on your circumstances, can also suggest the Marriott, Hyatt, Westin, Bucuti
and a few others.

Radisson rooms (recently renovated) provide the right amount of comfort and conveniences.
Their 2 pools are the best on the island.
Their center palm beach location and wide stretch of beach make this resort great for both pool and beach lovers.
Has best spa on the island.
Weaknesses: Most room views are limited unless you pay for Deluxe oceanview.

• Related to: Beaches, Food and Dining, Spa and Resort
  • Written October 23, 2012

• carparts profile photo carparts

amsterdam manor: the best

it as to be the amsterdam manor on eagel beach i have staed there 3 times and i am gowing back this year in mid september,to me it is the only one to stay at.
the staff go the xtra mile for you

the food / the staff and the grate view from the roof top bar over the sea.

• Written August 18, 2011

• MaireadMc profile photo MaireadMc

Divi Aruba All Inclusive: 100% for the Divi

Everything about this resort was spot on. The pool area was steps away from the bar, beach, restaurant. The food was fab with many restaurants to choose from including an Italian, asian, buffet, snack bar to name a few. We ate in the buffet most nights. They had something different every night & it was always gorgeous. The nightly entertainment was always good too with belly dancers, music, limbo etc..

The main attraction is the beach. The divi is on druif beach (one of the best on Aruba) & is kept in wonderful condition. A tractor with a sort of rake thing on the back goes up & down the beach early every morning to make sure the sand is perfect for us beach lovers. The beach was never crowded which really suprised me as it is absolutly out of this world.

The housekeeping staff at the divi are 100%. Lovely people, very polite & do a great job cleaning the rooms.

The location of the Divi was the most impressive for me. That beach... WOW!

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written July 15, 2011

The pool

• Rubidia profile photo Rubidia
  • Reviews: 15

Riu Palace Aruba: All Iclusive Resort

The resort is a Riu so it has a great lobby that is big and fancy.
The rooms were nice as usual and I always enjoy the fact that Riu's have their own liquor dispensers in the rooms as well as a mini fridge that is stocked a few times a week.
At this particular resort i found that the guests were mostly couples or couples with small children.
The food was wonderful at all of the resraurants and they buffet.
The pool is great.
Sports bar open 24 hours.
The beach is nice, but it is very windy in Aruba so sometimes the sand can smack you in the face.

• Written May 5, 2011
Tip Photo

Resort shot from the beach

• marea808 profile photo marea808

RENAISSANCE ARUBA RESORT & CASINO: Great Hotel in Aruba

The hotel is centralized to shops, marina and beach.
Best part of the hotel is their private island! The water is unlike the Pacific Ocean I grew up in. I can see why east coast folks travel there. Great weather and beaches 2-3 hours away.

The private island!

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written January 4, 2011

• flynboxes profile photo flynboxes
  • Reviews: 574

Coconut Inn: Affordable Aruba

Stayed here for two nights. Mr. Angel Rojer is the manager of the place and a very nice guy. This is probably the cheapest place on the island for a short stay. While it is not on the beach it is close enough and away from all the other tourists so you can enjoy some quiet nights here. Room was 74.70 less tax of 17.5% but that is still a deal. Our room had A/C, small frig, hot plate..the usual stuff in a small kitchenette. Only thing I did not like was the beds were a bit on the hard side but I have slept on much worse and for the price I think this place is a deal. Please note if you want to reserve a room it is probably better to call or fax a request in as Angel is a little slow at replying to email requests.

It is Cheap for a Aruba..close enough yet far away enough to make it a very pleasent place to stay. There is a Chinese place with affordable meals across the street also if you are too tired to walk into town after a day at the beach. If I had to go back I would stay here again.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Water Sports, Backpacking
  • Written August 29, 2010

View from the street

• seriouslymg profile photo seriouslymg

The Westin Aruba Resort: AMAZING resort ON the beach in Aruba

Absolutely outstanding! This resort is in the high-rise hotel section of the beach in Aruba - there are only a few high rise hotels in this area - in fact, on the whole island!
VERY attentive staff (Starwood hotels have a reputation for excellent service).

They also offer ALL INCLUSIVE packages!!

Such an amazing relaxing trip - Wake up, go down to the wonderful breakfast buffet, then head down to the beach where they bring you lounge chairs and towels. We went at the end of June and the water was amazingly cool and refreshing, not to mention CRYSTAL CLEAR!
The only 'not so good' part was that all the beaches are public so at any given time you had local kids all over the 'island' in the ocean (see photos on website) - but they don't come on the resort beach and cannot use the hotel lounge chairs or equipment.

The POOL is incredible with fountains and waterfalls - not to mention the cool giant iguanas that come right up to you - everyone fed them cherries from their drinks! The pool bar is great too - happy hour twice daily!!

We actually dined in EVERY restaurant at this resort while we were there (6 nights) and every one of them were excellent from the food to the service! My husband is an Executive Chef so our expectations are pretty high wherever we dine.

Great little shops in the hotel too -not too pricey at all in case you forgot something like flip flops or a cover up. In fact, we went to buy a couple of bottled cokes for our room anticipating $3.00 per bottle but they were only $1.50! VERY reasonable for a resort of this caliber!

Definitely ask for a suite or an EVEN numbered room so that you get a view of the ocean and/or pool! totally worth the extra $$$ you may pay for these views!

• Related to: Casino and Gambling, Beaches, Water Sports
  • Written July 31, 2010

Pool at night

• SullyBiz profile photo SullyBiz
  • Reviews: 59
Anywhere with a kitchen: for example Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

I enjoyed the Marriott complex for 2 reasons: the lazy river and a full kitchen.

Aruba is an expensive island, a kitchen came in very handy. At the very least I recommend finding a room with a mini fridge so you can stock some milk for cereal and beer for later.

I went to Ling & Sons grocery on the first day of my trip and stocked up for the week on groceries for breakfast, lunch, and most dinners. We also bought beer and wine. This totalled $150. I estimate that this saved my mother and I hundreds of dollars especially considering the price of drinks and dinner at Aruba's many restaurants. Dinner can easily run you $50 p/p p/night.

So take it from me, take a bus to the grocery store, take a cab back, and save yourself some money. Consider the Divi Dutch Village or The Divi Aruba Phoenix when looking for hotels. Both have rooms with kitchens and are relatively inexpensive.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written September 8, 2009

• MoNewcamp profile photo MoNewcamp
  • Reviews: 20

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Aruba: All-Inclusive -good price

Check in and check out was smooth, fast and easy.

All-Inclusive:

They give you wrist bands but you still have to put your room number and sign a check for every food or drink order.

Buffet: Needs a little updating, and entrance and exit door would be a nice addition. Clean & bright. Staff was friendly.
Breakfast: you can ask your waiter/waitress to have eggs made to order rather than from the buffet.
Lunch: Only went once and had a salad.
Dinner: Italian Night was good, made to order pasta bar, lots of other items to choose from. Was told by others in out group the Seafood night and prime rib night was also good.
Lunch pool/ocean side: Fried beer battered Grouper or Grilled Turkey Ribs, Wings, Nachos, Burgers, Pizzas, Hotdog
Room service not included-cost extra
casino right in hotel

Huts on the beach: You must get in line EARLY to reserve a HUT for the day. (line is at the beach towel hut)

Beach area is narrow, but nice to be close to the water and bar area.

more info/photos to come......

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Beaches, Spa and Resort, Casino and Gambling
  • Written March 17, 2009

• mygrapefruit profile photo mygrapefruit
  • Reviews: 3

Renaissance Marina Hotel: Renaissance

The hotel rooms were alright. I did absolutely love the pool here especially at night when you have beautiful views of the city from the pool. The gym was also very big and clean. Great shopping, good bars. One of the reasons why we chose the Renaissance was because we wanted access to the private island. It was well worth it. Although I was annoyed that there was constant construction going on during our trip, the peace, quiet, beauty and seclusion on the private island was well worth it.

Would I recommend? Yes. Just call to make sure there will be no noise/construction during your stay.

• Written November 14, 2008

• giselle900 profile photo giselle900
  • Reviews: 24

Caribbean Palm Village Resort: second trip new resort

I own a timeshare and traded for a week at the Carribean Palm Village. There are two huge pools here each with its own whirlpool/hot tub outside. There is a restaurant on the premises but it is more pub food than an actual restaurant. That is not to say the food isn't good but don't expect more than chicken fingers, hot dogs/burgers, and salads. I was lucky enough to be on the pool side where my balcony overlooks the nicer view. It is a one bedroom that is very very roomy - one king size bed with a master bedroom, a full kitchen, living room with pullout couch, and second bathroom. The room is very clean and comes with the little accomodations that are most helpful; coffee filters for the coffee pot provided, paper towels, soap for the dish washer... etc. I know that sounds small but I get tired of staying in a resort for seven days while buying these items in bulk for other guests of the maid to take home. Although this resoort offers a shuttle pass back and forth to the beach area, it does not make several trips, only once in the morning, once at noon and once again at close to four. The resort's web site states the beach is only a mile away, but that must be as the 'crow flies' because taking a taxi to the beach area is closer to two miles away. There are plenty of chairs by the pool, bingo, karioke, and activities during the week, but all in all, it is a very quiet resort area. If you plan on seeing the island, rent a car. I did not rent a car as I had been on several excursions last year and have seen the island.

The resort has two large pools and two hot tubs/whirpools. At least one of the pools has a smaller kiddie pool. There is a restaurant on site, but it only serves pub food (some times steaks on specific special evenings) The workout room is very small and no free weights are offered, only one machine of different types. This resort is not on the beach, nor is it only a mile away (I like to walk frequently and keep in shape, this is more than a mile from the beach). The room was very clean, all appliances worked, two bathrooms in a one bedroom apt, and a balcony off every room.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Budget Travel, Seniors
  • Written March 14, 2008

• evangelista1215 profile photo evangelista1215
  • Reviews: 7

Westin Palm Beach: Westin Palm Beach

I stayed at the Westin as they were finishing up their renovations, right before Christmas 2007. This was not originally a Westin hotel, they bought it from Wyndham, so the outside of the hotel is rather ugly. However the inside of the hotel is beautifully done. The lobby and restaurants are gorgeous, and the rooms are quite large. The room itself has very nice furniture and bedding, though I felt like the bathroom had been a little skimped on during the renovations. Also to the south of the hotel, there is not much to look at, but there are many other hotels and resorts north of the hotel. There are 3 restaurants that serve dinner -- a Japanese/hibachi restaurant which is very good, a steakhouse which is wonderful, and an Italian restaurant that is mediocre. They also have an oceanfront dining that they set up every night at sunset that is quite romantic, and I highly recommend doing that one night. The waiters are so nice and make it a really beautiful experience. There is a breakfast buffet everyday, and a beachside lunch place. Both are quite good. On the all-inclusive plan, you can only go to the Japanese restaurant once. There is a bar centrally located between the pool and the beach that is quite convenient and on the all-inclusive plan you don't have to pay for your drinks.

The only difficulty we had here was that both the beach and the pool were crowded everyday. If you want to have a little table and umbrella by your chairs on the beach, you must go reserve one of these everyday by 7am. You don't have to stay down with the chairs at 7, but have to put your name down for a reservation and then can come down later at your leisure.

I do not recommend using the water sports activities places that are inside the hotel, rather there is a hut a little down the beach in front of the Riu. They are a family-run company that operates water sports and I highly recommend using them. We went water-skiing, tubing, and on a catamaran with them and had an excellent time on each activity.

• Related to: Beaches, Water Sports
  • Written March 4, 2008
Tip Photo

The beach in front of the Westin

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful