Paradera #203, Oranjestad, Aruba, Caribbean
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Paradera Park Oranjestad

LOVED IT!

by TripAdvisor Member lordav

One of the best holidays my husband and I have ever had. This facility truly is a Tropical paradise, just like their website indicates. The pool area is a haven of palm trees and flowers. You can lay there and listen to those amazingly calming tradewinds. The owners, Debby and Hank were very pleasant and helpful and they even arranged the rental car for us. 10 minutes in the car and you are at the beach, downtown or to one of many supermarkets. The grounds are very well kept and the rooms are spacious and very clean. Housekeeping is done daily. It is very quiet and a perfect getaway for travellers who do not want to be caught up in the "tourist" thing. They also provided a beach set, including towels, cooler and beach loungers to use for the week. That allowed us to experience several of the beaches on the island. We meet people there who have been going to that same location for years. That in itself is a credit to the tranquility experienced. We look forward to when we can return. Highly recommended.

X-mas, palmtree, coconuts & more

by TripAdvisor Member christmasinparadise

After having a quite troubled year, my six year old son and I were looking for a place to spend Christmas together. After searching the web we chose for Aruba and pretty soon we knew that Paradera Park appartments would be the place to go. We couldn't have made a better choice. Upon arrival the Christmas (palm) tree was lit and the whole complex was decorated beautifully! After the (litterally) very warm welcome by Debby, Henk, Ingrid and Frank, it felt like home. The smell of freshly brewed coffee in the morning....We (and all the other guests) were treated like "family". Any request was granted at any time and our coolboxes, beachchairs and towels were ready and waiting for us every morning. The only thing we had to do is load then into our rental car and "off to the beach". Keep up the good work guys, we booked our next stay for March and hope to visit this "Tropical Oasis" on many more occasions...Thanks!!! Luved it!!

Best of Aruba

by TripAdvisor Member sonseekers

This property is the high point of Aruba and I can't imagine staying anywhere else.At the end of the day, to return to the peaceful, clean surroundings at Paradera is the way to go! Debby and Hank have created paradise and they are kind enough to share.:)

Just go! What are you waiting for?

by TripAdvisor Member tammyct

We stayed at Paradera Park from Fri, Feb 23 through Sun, March 4 and booked in October of 2006. We booked solely based on the reviews I read here on Trip Advisor.

We used Value Car Rental as suggested and were picked up at the airport as promised. The driver showed us where Paradera Park was and then we proceeded to the rental office to fill out the paperwork. It was extremely easy to find our way back to Paradera Park from Value Car Rental. I would have no problem renting with them again. We rented a 4-door Toyota Corolla and that was ample for two people and 2 mega sized suitcases.

I was most impressed as we pulled into the driveway as we arrived at the complex. It is a jewel and shines brightly with its white and aqua pallete. Once inside the garden area you are surrounded by lush greenery and palms. Once you’re there, the little voice inside your head is going to congratulate you on choosing Paradera Park.

Our welcome was most lovely, warm and helpful. After getting settled into our room which was #110 (second floor Studio all the way at the end) we returned to the office where Ingrid gave us the “lay of the land” via a map and numerous restaurant and grocery shopping suggestions. What a valuable asset she is to Paradera Park!!

Sure, we got lost on our way to the market that afternoon (and the way back); however after about a day or two you get the hang of it. Don’t get too frustrated – as others have stated, even if you do get lost, it isn’t for long. Take one of those color maps that comes in a booklet at the car rental office and keep it in your car.

The supermarkets are great - we visited Super Foods and stocked up for the week. We didn’t plan on making dinner; we shopped strictly for breakfast and/or lunch.

Our Studio had ample space for the two of us and was clean & comfortable. We had more than enough storage for clothing, a nice sized refrigerator, queen sized bed and pretty much all the utensils, plates, cups required. The bathroom was clean and ample with plenty of hot water. Daily housekeeping (except Sunday) and fresh towels were not in short supply. Our housekeeper did a fantastic job. Make sure you tip her on Saturday if you’re leaving on a Sunday since that is the one day she isn’t there.

You get the use of beach chairs and a cooler during your stay. Don’t forget ice for your cooler when you shop!

We were able to keep in touch with the world via the complimentary, wireless Internet access as we ate our breakfast on our patio while watching different sized iguanas move about on the wall surrounding the complex.

While we never felt at all at risk during our entire stay, the management at Paradera Park has taken every measure possible to deter potentials. After a certain time, you are required to enter a security code to enter the complex. Your room has a safe available to store valuables and the doors have double locks. The people of Aruba are friendly and we found all our encounters positive. Our previous Caribbean experiences have been mostly to Grand Cayman and I have to say that Aruba ranks right up there as far as friendly people, great weather and fine dining.

Keep in mind that all the beaches in Aruba are public; however unless you are a paying guest at a hotel you are not allowed to use their towels, chairs or pool. We would park across the street from Hooter’s and take our chairs to the beach this way.

This review would not be complete without mention of Debby and Hank. It is clear they care about their guests, their property and ensuring people have an enjoyable stay.

As others have stated, it is a short car ride to the beach. It was just a pleasure at the end of the day to return to the peace and quiet Paradera Park has to offer. We would return to the pool area to unwind from the day or just catch up on more reading and decompress from the day at the beach.

One would have to make a strong argument to convince me to choose the low or high rise area over Paradera Park.

Loved Aruba and Loved Paradera Park

by TripAdvisor Member JackTheTraveller

We stayed at Paradera Park in early March 07 having made the reservation a few weeks earlier. As the previous writer mentioned, we used the Value Car Rental as suggested by Debbie and were picked up at the airport as promised (our plane was late so we had to wait a bit for the very helpful driver, Miguel, but no big deal). However, keep in mind that other comparnies are somtimes cheaper (but they wont' show you where the hotel is, however, you'll find it on your own).

Paradera Park Hotel is a bit out of the way and therefore, it helps to have a fairly good orientation to find it (worst case, you'll get lost a bit and you'll discover other sides of this wonderful island, in the end, you'll get there).

Debbie, the owner is very helpful and welcoming. She will sit with you and help you get oriented and is a good source of information. We liked the supermarket which are south of Eagle beach, they have a huge variety and great prices.

Our Studio was lovely and the kitchen has all what we needed. We didn't come to Aruba to coook but if you want to, there is all what is needed to cook. We made breakfast every morning, and enjoyed our coffee on the balcony. It's very clean and there is more than enough space for 2 people. TV is great (small screen though) with many chanels including international ones. Our only complain would be that the bed was way too soft (the spring box is dead) and would benefit from being replaced.

The pool is beautiful and the hotel is very nice. Within 10 minutes drive you can be at wonderful beaches and great restaurant. Using the
beach chairs provided by the hotel really help. Internet works flawlessly.

As others have stated, it is a short car ride to the beach. It was just a pleasure at the end of the day to return to the quiet the hotel offers adn to take a swim in the pool before poindering the issues of dinner. Places to eat we loved were Bingo (one of the best salad on the Island). We also loved Flying Fishbone (one of the most romantic restaurant in the world). Make reservation in advance, the food is excellent but it is expensive. One of the best experiences in Aruba for us. We tried Laguna Pier but I would not recommend it. Madame Jeanette was OK, but a bit old fashioned, food a bit too heavy. Go to flying fishbone instead.

We strongly recommend Aruba and this hotel.

What a terrific place to stay in Aruba!

by TripAdvisor Member TexasButch

This was our second trip to Aruba, and I have to say that we enjoyed the Paradera Park Apartments much more than our stay on the beach our first time in Aruba. The accomodations and service were outstanding, and above all this, the quaint, quiet atmosphere is just what we needed! When we arrived we didn't just "check in"; we were greeted as guests within a family atmosphere. Debbie and Hank asked what we were interested in seeing and doing, and gave us wonderful advice and information. The grounds surrounding Paradera Park are immaculate and beautiful. Before I left, Debbie and Hank even gave me information about the various plants and shrubs so that I might be able to add them to my garden at home. We plan to return to stay at Paradera Park again in the near future.

Indeed a tropical Oassi - wonderful hosts - good location

by TripAdvisor Member MsHarley

I have just returned from an 8 day stay on my own in Aruba, I did not feel lonely for one moment, the people were friendly and pleasant and everywhere I went they were interested to find out about me. I ate some wonderful food and drank many interesting coctails. I loved it so much I will certainly return again. I cancelled my booking in a villa to booked the Paradera Park instead after reading the wonderful reviews written about it and I was not disappointed at all. I was warmly greeted by Debby and Hank who were very attentive and helpful throughout my stay. My room was cleaned every day by a very sweet young lady, it was spacious and nicely furnished with a well equipped kitchen. The pool was clean and not crowded, the gardens were beautiful and well maintained. I ignored the advise to hire a car and had to rely on taxi’s to get me from the apartments to the town which worked out to $26 there and back each day. So my advise is to hire a car, the roads are flat and easy to travel around, it will be a blessing in the searing heat for getting to the shops and sightseeing. I did not see the bus once to take me to town. However, once you get to Oranjestad you can take a bus for just over $1 up north to the High rise hotels and beaches or down south to beaches and restaurants. Absolute must do in Aruba – visit the California Lighthouse for the fantastic views, Malmok Beach for seclusion, Palm Beach, Roger Beach, Baby Beach, the Flying Fishbone restaurant, Charlie’s Bar, Iguana Joe, have a pancake breakfast in Oranjestad and quad biking on the west of the island. Thank you Debby and Hank

A Gem in Aruba

by TripAdvisor Member PJHMaryland

My family has just returned from a very pleasant and peaceful stay at the Paradera Park Apartments in Aruba. The apartment we were assigned was very clean with a well equiped kitchen, small living room, bathroom with shower, and bedroom with two large beds. The living room had a sleeper sofa.

There is a secluded outdoor area behind the apartments is a tranquil tropical garden with sunning areas and a swimming pool which was empty most of the time. The property sits in a quiet inland area but is well located for easy trips to the beach, supermarket, tourist sites, etc.

For our travel needs, we prefer apartments because it is so easy to fix a breakfast and head out for the day's activities without having to bother with a hotel breakfast. Dinner dining in the nearby highrise hotel area is excellent. Some highlights were Texas de Brazil, for a large meal, and Salt and Pepper for more casual dining (try the Salt and Pepper salad).

Security at the Pasadera Park Apartments seemed good with a locked gate at night and a small safe in the room for valuables - no issues or concerns. In the evening, the garden/pool area is lighted with small bulbs - again peace and tranquility.

This is a family run business. They offer local knowledge of snorkel areas, attractions, etc. and are happy to give advice and seem ready to provide whatever the traveler needs. Guests have the option of using beach chairs, towels, and a cooler for trips to the many beach areas.

Our room (a one bedroom apartment) was $145 per night + 11.5% service charge + government tax of 6% for a total of $171.25.

We will stay at this property again when traveling to Aruba.

A totally relaxing experience.

PJH 4/7/2007

A perfect vacation

by TripAdvisor Member higros

APRIL 07 LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
Our first trip to aruba and it was great. The hosts Debby and Hank were wonderful. They were always there to answer any questions and give directions. We had a studio apt.with a kitchen that was great for breakfast and some dinners. The grounds were beautifully kept looked like a tropical paradise. We rented the car throught Debby and it was waiting at the airport . You need a car to get around to see this beautiful island,great beaches, hotels,and shopping. Debby and Hank lend you beach chairs,cooler and beach towels as the beaches charge for chairs. We will return when going back to aruba.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member DJ812NYC

As a first-time visitor to Aruba, and as a woman travelling alone for a week...I could not have chosen a better place to stay than Paradera Park Apartments. I wasn't looking for the high-rise atmosphere with families, themed events, and a buffet with ice sculptures...and I've outgrown spartan hostels. Paradera Park is a great alternative and I was never alone unless I wanted to be. I rented a car, and might rent a jeep next time around, to be able to go off road a bit. I met some really neat people...couples from New Hampshire and Boston, and a regular who spends a few months a year on the island. I was welcomed as if I were an old friend and was invited to share in wonderful 3 hour-long dinners and brunches. For dinner I highly recommend Papiamento (approx $60 for dinner and 2 drinks, dining al fresco around a pool and old farmhouse), Matilde ($60, felt very much like an upscale New York City bistro) and Pinchos (under $30 for steak skewers and crab cakes and 2 drinks, al fresco on a pier, go for the sunset and stay for a few hours) and Le Dome for their endless $40 brunch and champagne. I shopped 2x for the week and was happy to make breakfast and lunch rather than endure a tired buffet and overpay at a hotel. I rented a studio and it was roomy and clean. No bugs!! Well worth $100 a night. What would I change? The lighting was dim, and the brown comforter seemed dowdy and dull in an otherwise cheery room. If you need a blow dryer or an alarm clock/radio, bring your own as they were not in the room. There is a clock in the kitchen, tho. Golf at Tierra del Sol was a challenge to say the least, as the wind was very, very flag-snappin' strong! One $150 round + $35 for club rental was quite enough for the week. It was great to come back from a day at the beach or shopping downtown to relax at the pool and wind down before dinner. The constant tradewind was very calming and comfortable and it's great that the air is dry, rather than humid. Debbie and Hank are great hosts---very laid back, but they are there when you need a question answered or some tips on where to go and what to see. I was greeted with a Balashi beer, and traded them some Brooklyn beer. I'll be back next March, for sure, and I'll bring a lighter ale, not the lager, for you guys to try...I promise!!

Comments