J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 41, Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba, Caribbean
Booking.com Expedia.com CheapCaribbean

Costs 66% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

Aruba's best kept secret!

by EPEKINDINI about Divi Dutch Village

This hotel is part of a 3 hotel conglomerate! The Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort, and Divi Dutch Village. The Tamaijn is there more luxury resort and is also an all inclusive. The Divi golf and beach resort is self explanitory- If your a golfer; stay here! (its amazing) All three are located in Oranjestad and are in walking distance from one another. Oranjestad is towards the end of the Aruba- resort strip and the closest to aruba town. Now this could be good or bad depending on your needs. Its more quiet down towards this end however that's exactly what i wanted- so quiet in fact there was only about 10 us on the beach- if feels great not to be on a crowded beach!

The Divi Dutch is only 2 1/2 stars; not great you would think but i thought that it was perfect and personally would have rated it more like 3 1/2 stars. I have stayed in luxury before and this was the first time I went budget but i was not disapointed! The room was large w/ a personal balcony big enough for a tanning chair and a bistro table and chairs! There was a small kitchen, a two room bathroom, and a small living room area! It was great!

We were not expecting the kitchen but it came in handy! There was a small super market down the block from our hotel and saved us big bucks just doing breakfast and lunch in our rooms. (We saved the cash for nice dinners!)

There is a pool for you pool lovers right behind you rooms but who swims in pools when the ocean is just to amazing to pass up!

I would come back here in a heart beat! Aruba can be expensive but going this route w/ the Divi Dutch was great way to go!

Getting there: Taxis cost $16–$25 for one to four passengers.
Shuttle vans and private cars of varying prices are available. They can be reserved during the process of booking a reservation for this hotel, via this Web site, and added to the total trip cost.

Getting around: Complimentary shuttles transport guests around the clock to Alhambra Casino and Shopping Bazaar, 500 m (547 yds) away. Public buses operate through the High Rise and Low Rise hotel districts and to downtown Oranjestad from early morning to late night. Aruba's roads are well maintained and easily navigated with the aid of a map. Driving is on the right side.

Driving directions from Queen Beatrix International Airport: Depart airport to the west on the main road. Continue through the downtown area. Proceed until reaching the "Low Rise Hotels" sign. Bear left at sign and proceed until reaching the sign for a partner property, Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort. Guests of Divi Dutch Village check in at the lobby of Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort.

The Tamarijn Resort

by ibanez about The Tamarijn Resort

In the month of September, I paid $1400 for a week, which included airfare to and from Cincinnati, 7 nights, and all the food and alcohol I could consume. That's a great deal! It's an incredible deal. This is an all-inclusive hotel where all of the food and alcohol is covered. They have 2 great bars and all of the rooms are ocean-view! The food is great and the location is convenient to many things. Grocery stores are within walking distance

most beautifull resort on the island!

by crazydingo about tamarijn resort aruba

It was a very pleasant stay, with good service and very friendly people. The place was really looking good and located at the beach...just step out of your room and you're on the beach... If you dont like sand, there's a nice swimmingpool too with some good relaxingspace. Not to far from the city and if you dont like to walk just order a cab. Severall things to do. At night special shows and stuff to keep you moving. No way you can get bored there. Suites all kind of people...families, couples just everyone Best thing is the beautifull beach.

Snorkeling

My husband and I first visted De Palm Island on our Honeymoon in October 2001. We had selected a 1/2 day tour from our cruise ship (Destiny) that docked in Aruba for a full day. We had been hoping for a wonderful experince and De Palm Island proved to be everthing we hoped for. The water is clear and warm. The assortment of fish is outstanding. For people who may not be as comfortable in the water as others. De Palm Island is terrific since there is a large area where you can snorkel that is only 3 feet deep. If you have never been snorkeling it is a very comfortable place to give it your first try. The Blue fish that visit De Palm Island are very big and as curious about you as you are about them. The fish enjoy small pieces of bread. They will surround you and you may be surprized at how quickly and how many fish you will attract with a small amount of bread! My husband and I enjoied our trip so much that we decided Aruba was a spot that we wanted to revisit. So this October we made plans to return to Aruba and De palm Island. My sister and her boyfriend came with us. This time we flew direct from Logan airport and stayed 7 nights at the Tamarijn Hotel. Our room was fantastic (room #2305). We open our slider door to the ocean less than 10 feet away! I was so excitied to visit De Palm Island again! The island did not let me down! This time we selected an all day Jeep tour. The tour allowed us to see the California light house, Indian caves, an old church in the middle of no where, the natural bridge and a few other sights. The best part of the tour came at the end. De Palm Island is where we had a BBQ buffet and snorkeled our hearts out! My sister and her boyfriend fell in love with the fish as much as we did our first time! Don't forget to bring your underwater camera and buy it in advance before you leave for Aruba! The price in US$ in Aruba for an underwater camera is $20.00 vs. $8.00 in the US. I would recommend De Palm Island to anyone. I really feel that it allows you to experience snorkeling in a safe enviroment and with such a variety of fish to look at you can't help but have a great time!

BonBiniLovedAruba

My wife and I went on our honeymoon for a week. starting June 8, 2003.
We found to the employees to be very nice, friendly, and helpful. The food at the Papparazi was very good. The snacak bar food has the best chicken strips and potato skins around. Excellent or a late afternoon and late evening snack. The drinks were made with the freshest fruit.
The buffet was average. Breakfast was okay. The fruit was great, but the eggs and bacon were below average. The room was clean and good size. We stayed at the end side of the resort. I recommend being closer to the middle. The beaches were a little rocky, but very nice. The Coconuts bar was a nice little get away for a drink on the beach. We recommend the quad tours, snorkling and the Kuku Kanukoo (only if you are with some friends). Go to Carlos and Charlies and have a yard long Margarita. Do not go on the Tatoo cruise. We are goinb back, with family and friends for our 1 year anniversary to the Tamiryn. Loved it.
Go to El Gouchos.

The TAM was great. Will do it Again.

We just got back from our first vacation in Aruba (Sept. 8-14). We stayed at the TAM and loved it. Not the Ritz mind you, but very adequate for the two of us. The room was Clean and spacious. The A/C did it's job and was welcome. The service at the TAM was good and we found everybody to be friendly and helpful. The buffet setup was wonderful though my wife didn't like the scrambled eggs. You could, however, get eggs made to order also. I can't remember many duplications. There were Franks and Saurkraut a few times but always with other selections. The breakfast fare was pretty stable. Unlike some of the other posters we didn't find anyone who was rude or unattentive. I think that is ,in part, because my wife and I are very friendly ourselves and said hello to everyone we passed on the walkways. The beach was a bit rocky but we knew that going in so we bought swim shoes with us. NO Problem. I don't swim but I was in the water at least 3 times a day. We never used the pool but was told it was like taking a communal bath. The restaurants were great though the Papparazzi service was VERY slow the night we went. The Red Parrot at the Divi was great!!! Good food and good service. Here though was where we encountered someone who was , not rude but, not very nice. They have indoor and outdoor dining. When we got there my wife, who smokes, asked for the smoking section. The lady politely told us that she could not place us in the outside dining area because we made our reservation for indoors. I thought well maybe the outdoor tables are already reserved.
No One sat outside during the entire time we were dining. I was a little put off with that. When you're there do the Atlantis Submarine tour. 150 feet underwater in a real sub. Get the Mega package and use both resorts. We only got over to the Divi one night but next time we will make better use of both resorts. The trip to De Palm island was not really worth it. They cart you out to this island give you snorkel gear and turn you loose for 3 to 4 hours. Could have done that at the Hotel. All in all We had a ball. My wife almost cried the day we packed to go home. We'll be back to Aruba next year and we'll be staying at the TAM for sure.

I'd Give It a Partial Thumbs-Up

by TripAdvisor Member majackl

I have stayed in both the Tam and the Divi. No matter which one you stay in I suggest you get the Mega-Inclusive package which allows you to use both resorts' facilities.I found the staff to be helpful and accomodating. The rooms were okay but nothing to write home about. They really need some updating for the price. One thing that stands out in my mind is the breakfast buffet. Wow!! Bring some loose-fitting clothing because you'll want to sample everything. All in all, it's a decent hotel but pales in comparison to its sister resort, the Divi.

tamarijn bar decktamarijn bar deck

the beach on the sister hotel side (Tamarijn)the beach on the sister hotel side (Tamarijn)

Display CaseDisplay Case

Closed during early AM hours.Closed during early AM hours.

Hotel Choices

by sallypen

I am going to Aruba at the end of September ,can you help me please?
The tour op has offered me a choice of the Rui Palace Palm Beach or the Tamarjin Aruba at Druif Beach. What choice should I make..Also weatherwise ,is it likely to be very humid there .And last ,but not least ,we are two mature single females and enjoy lively nightlife so any ideas ?thanks Sal.

Comments