The Aruban Resort & Casino at Eagle Beach Organjestad

JE Irausquin Boulevard 248, (formerly La Cabana Villas), Oranjestad, Aruba, 4273, Caribbean
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about The Aruban Resort & Casino at Eagle Beach Organjestad

Great Hotel in Aruba

by marea808 about RENAISSANCE ARUBA RESORT & CASINO

The hotel is centralized to shops, marina and beach.
Best part of the hotel is their private island! The water is unlike the Pacific Ocean I grew up in. I can see why east coast folks travel there. Great weather and beaches 2-3 hours away. The private island!

The Best Aruban Spot

by RoyJava about The Renaissance Ocean Suites & Casino

We stayed at the old Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, for now renewed (and changed its name). It is same property with Aruba Sonesta Suites, however Renaissance Marina Hotel Tower is favourite with its Martini Bar Blue and dazzling pool area overlooking the ocean. Experience the island's most exciting shopping, dining, casinos, shows, and nightlife-without ever leaving the resort!

And because Night is the Hottest Time of Day, the Renaissance Aruba offers an array of exciting dining and nightlife. Included the island's only 24-hour casino (Crystal Casino) and the Seaport Casino which is the only waterfront casino on the island.

Facilities: Barber / Beauty Salon, Health Club / SPA, Boutique Shops, Shopping Mall Nearby (on property), Golf Course, 1 Tenniscourt, Fishing - Scuba - Paddle Boats - Sunfish Sailing - Wind Surfing - Snorkeling - Waterski

Great Info Yep, 3 pools ... Guests can enjoy 3 outdoor swimming pools in idyllic surroundings amidst lushly landscaped tropical gardens, overlooking the Caribbean Sea.

And also 3 beaches! Experience the Beach Tower, and the Sonesta Island with some spectacular private beaches surrounded by mangroves and tropical wildlife. You may be transported to Sonesta Island via a short 13 minute boat ride.

Because of property area the beach got special beaconed ocean nets,... no sharks can approach you, it is said. Well, we had a terrific time and enjoyed the special attention of the hotel-people. As well the hotel-management as the service... as the crowd watching every day. Fashion photography is not that common and new fashion-clothes aren't that every day... are they?

On Palm Beach

by grandmaR about Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino

We obviously have not stayed here. Bob took the picture - I think because the hotel had a large Aruban flag on it. Aruba used to be part of the Netherlands Antilles along with Curacao and 3 other places which was represented by 5 stars on the flags, but they asked to be given their independence, so now they are an independent area of the Netherlands and the flag has a single orange diamond and two parallel yellow stripes at the bottom.

This hotel is no longer a Wyndham Hotel. They advertise :

# Hairdryer # Maid Service
# Island View Room # Television with Remote Control
# Coffee and Tea Maker # Full-Length Mirror
# Direct Dialing # Express/Video Checkout Available

# Wireless High Speed Internet Access in All Guest Rooms (Charge)
# Refrigerator Available (Charge)

Some of the amenities above may not be available in all rooms. In the summer they advertise:

Aruba’s safe, friendly environment and proven great weather have made the island a natural choice for family vacations. This package includes:

* Free accommodations for children when sharing the same room with adults.
* Kids receive free breakfast daily at the designated hotel restaurant, using children’s menu.
* Complimentary children’s activities (can vary and are upon availability).
* Family Gift, presented upon check-in.

Brother-dance All Night Long

by RoyJava about The Seaport Casino

When the sun goes down, the action heats up because the Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino is the only Resort in the Caribbean where Night is the Hottest Time of Day. It was then ... it is now!

There are many comfortable, charming and exciting nightspots in Aruba with dancing, entertainment, and lively action-filled casinos. Most of the hotels have their own special night of entertainment. Tropical nights, beach barbecues and cocktail parties are always available. The Seaport Casino has been newly renovated I heard, and is the only waterfront action-packed casino in Aruba for now. To me the Casino got very special because my brother danced for his very last time. The contract longed for a few more months until he was finishing his dancing career. And I was there, so we got more closer as otherwise.

The male members of his group even willingly posed for one shoot (see pic, the pink one is my brother). Modelling Sabine leaded the dance and, all of us danced all night long ...

Eagle Beach

by jlynyc about La Cabana

I'm lucky enough to have the fortune to use my extended family's time-share condominiums in Aruba (La Cabana, Costa Linda and the Marriott) so I cannot comment as to the cost of hotels on the island. I do prefer to stay at either La Cabana or Costa Linda because they are located on Eagle Beach. Although the Marriott is much newer and as a result, updated, the beach on that end of the island is very rocky and shallow. It is also farther away from town, which I find to be more restrictive as going to the stores or restaurants becomes a bit of a trip.

La Cabana and Costa Linda are older properties (my family has been members of both for almost 20 years now), so the accomodations may not be up to par for those used to more upscale hotels. The suites are large and clean and all come with balconies, living rooms and kitchens.

We stayed at 'La Cabana'...

by datdanigirl

We stayed at 'La Cabana' resort - the rooms were suites and very clean, we had a kitchenette and bought our own food but we didn't end up cooking very much - we were full from all the drinks!

The beach was great, though our room was a bit of walk. We would head down to the beach in the morning with a backpack and not return to the room until 5 or 6 when it was time to shower and nap before the nighttime fun began!!

Eagle Beach area

by Craig.White about La cabana and nearby

La Cabana is a 5 star with all of the perks.

Across the road there is a little apartment complex (behind the mini golf and down the road about 2 minutes walk) where you can rent a 1 BR apartment for 800-1000 USD / month. We stayed there 1 month and used the La Cabana facilities (friends had a room there for 1 week of our 1 month).

Eagle beach is great, but there are better. It is a good "jumping off point". Up north you can swim out to several great snorkeling spots. Bring bread, or better yet, Cheez Wizz cans (easier to manipulate a few meters under water).

Also, baby beach is quite good for fish watching & snorkeling. They rent kit for day trippers from the cruise ships at the hot dog stand.

Check out the refinery in the distance from baby beach -- kept US in oil during WW2.

Beach, Bar, Bed, and Bets

by datdanigirl about La Cabana

All-suite hotel, several different buildings. Ours was actually some distance from the beach but it was also a wonderful accommodation for a great price, and who minds walking about in the sun feeling the breeze rustling your skirt?

Activity Central in Aruba

by cruisingbug about La Cabana

We only stayed one night at La Cabana, at the end of our trip. We wished we had been there the whole time, instead of at another resort away from the beach. There was so much more to do - or room on the beach to "not do." The few hours we had listening to the surf before heading to the airport the next morning were heaven. We stayed as a guest in someone's timeshare - you don't have to own a timeshare to stay here, as I've seen ads since our return, at reasonable (for Aruba) rates. There are a few restaurants on-site. Two pools - one very crowded, one in the smaller area (with a slide no less) not as crowded. Parasailing and other beach activities are steps away. No casino, though.

La Cabana nice friendly and clean

i just returned the last week of may and maybe i traveled when the spring beak was not but i stayed a week and did not seem many kids... maybe a handful.,. i was a little scared because i read a lot of theser reviews i found it very nice friendly clean... we had maid service every day and never seen her once... friendly staff helpful.. great beach i would return and i would also try something new aruba was awesome

Lobby Stained Glass Window, La Cabana, ArubaLobby Stained Glass Window, La Cabana, Aruba

typical Aruban hometypical Aruban home

Wild Aruban DonkeyWild Aruban Donkey

Beautiful Aruban SunsetBeautiful Aruban Sunset

Fun Stuff on Aruba?

by zuriga

My older son is heading to Aruba for a week starting this Saturday. Are there any sights or activities he shouldn't miss... special things to see?

by pieter_jan_v

Have a look at http://www.arubatourism.com/

PJ

by pieter_jan_v

Have a look at http://www.arubatourism.com/

PJ

Re: Re: Fun Stuff on Aruba?

by zuriga

Thanks PJ.

by Dumpymotel

ONE HAPPY ISLAND

The main attraction on Aruba is its natural bridges on the east side of the island. You can take a tour or rent a quad runner go get to it. I happend to take a tour with a woman holding a sign as I got off My cruise ship. For $15.00 you get a grand tour of the island along with colorful stories by a native Aruban.

The big attraction in Aruba is its beaches and snorkling. Thats about all there is to see there but go to aruba.com and you can see videos and maps and info on just about any activity you might be interested in.

Good Luck

Blane

help please

by tatiana81

I am waiting on renewal of my passport still and I am worried I won't get it in time to go to Aruba! Is a US passport still mandatory or is there another form of identification that could be used? ALso, do they have ATM machines over there so that I could change money? I understand that they take American money, but what is the equivalent/differenc? thanks

RE: help please

by DSwede

This post made me second guess myself. Unless the Dept of State has revised their policies and has yet to post them, for US citizen, either Passport or proof of citizenship is ok.

Dollars are widely accepted, but if you wish to convert, $1USD = 1.75 Aruban Florin (approx).

I never had a problem using local bank ATM's

RE: RE: help please

by tatiana81

I received my passport today!!!!! :) Very useful information though DSwede, thank you! Illona muchas gracias for the excellent web site!!

See you in ARUBA soon- I can't wait!!!

A good place to eat

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone give me suggestions as to where to eat on the island... Both cheap and worth the money is ok.... Any suggestions outside the resorts are welcomed as well.

thanx

RE: A good place to eat

by cs94wahoo

El Goucho - definitely, but it'll be in the "worth the money" category.

Downtown Oranjestad has many restaurant opportunities, depending on what you're hungry for. I liked Iguana Joes - cheap and good! (mexican food)

RE: A good place to eat

by AuntieMame

Inexpensive: Bingo (on the road to Noord), Tulip (next to Chalet Suisse), Paris (Chinese, downtown), Nos Cunucu (Aruban food - very rustic)

Worth the price: Madame Jeanette

by EPEKINDINI

thank you , super helpfull...

by EPEKINDINI

These 2 places are now for sure... We love mexican but do we need reservations for El Gouchos?

by AuntieMame

You should get resi's for El Gaucho.

What is the other one of your two? Mexican??

Comments