The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings, BB15156, Caribbean

Costs 45% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Coconut Court Beach Resort

Everything I Could Have Wanted

by bluewilldo about Coconut Court Beach Hotel

After crawling out of bed, groggy-eyed and sluggish, nothing will wake you up faster (and gentler) than a cup of tea out on a balcony swept with ocean views and breezes.
The rooms are clean and tasteful with private bathrooms, balconies, fans, and kitchen appliances (toaster, refrigerator, etc.), and of course great views. A TV doesn't come in the room, but for a few extra dollars they'll bring you one. Also in the lobby, they have Internet connections for 2.50 per 15 minutes.
This hotel gave me more than I was expecting for less than I thought I'd have to pay. If I ever go back to Barbados, I would definitely stay here again! This is a family run operation... meaning none of the bureaucracy and concerns for the bottom line. The staff made me feel like I belonged there and wasn't simply in the way of a pay check. The Coconut Court Beach Hotel also partakes in several environmental programs such as the Marine Education and Turtle Nesting Programmes. Because of this, if you go there between May and September you will probably see a turtle or two.

enjoyed Coconut Court

by TripAdvisor Member vinochick75

I recently stayed at Coconut Court, and for the most part, found the experience to be quite enjoyable and relaxing. Had a great room w/AC on the second floor, complete with a nice view of the beach. Breakfast was included in the deal, and wasn't bad at all. Loved the fried plantains...yum! Lunch was also terrific; the fishwhich is highly recommended, along with the tasty but hot island pepper sauce.

Great beach bar, bartender Charles is a blast! Whatever you do, don't leave without sampling his Rum Punch...a knockout!

Local restaurants 'Pisces' and 'Sweet Potatoes,' both in Saint Lawrence Gap, are great. So is OPA!, a Greek place up the street from the hotel, and Brown Sugar, another great place with terrific local food.

Only problem I had with the hotel was the staffers' response to a busted water main, which left us with no water pressure for more than a day. The attitude was, 'It's not our problem.' Other than that inconvenience, we had a blast and would certainly return to Coconut Court.

Love Coconut Court

I chose Coconut Court in part because of the many positive reviews I had read on this site. I was thrilled with my trip(s)- I have been back a few times since. The resort is smallish- you get a very comfortable feeling about it. Some of the buildings are older but we have always found the rooms to be immaculate. There was no air conditioning in our room but with the sliders open the breeze kept it a perfect temperature. (Warning, we had a few parrots who would fly in and steal food, but we were OK with that) The service is friendly. The beach is lovely. We love snorkeling in their own private reef. The pool is basic but very clean and in close proximity to the pool bar where great drinks are served. The food was also excellent. We enjoyed many of the dishes including flying fish, chicken, beef and lamb. I found out that this year they have discontinued their AI plan which was a fabulous deal- I will definately miss that. I will be back though. Since my last time in Barbados I actually took a cruise that stopped there, I jumped in a cab and off to Coconut Court for the day. Drank at the bar with Charles( their BEST bartender) had a great lunch and my kids spent the day in the ocean. If you want a comfortable and relaxing trip where you feel no need to dress to impress- CC is for you. If fancy is your taste- you won't love it.

Coconut Court

by ratherton about Coconut Court

Located between St Lawrence Gap and Bridgetown, the Coconut Court Hotel is an excellent 3* place to stay in Barbados. The main road runs right past the entrance to the hotel so getting buses isn't a problem.

We stayed there on an ALL-INCLUSIVE package and the food, service, activities and everything provided by the hotels was more than enough to allow of a relaxing holiday.

Coconut Court Hotel Hastings

by rachel_sun

The Barbados Hotel and Tourism Associationalso publish brochures on accomodations.Ring them on 426-5041.There address is 4th Avenue,Belleville,St Micheal,Barbados.

I stayed at coconut court hotel hastings.I got a two week package which included the flights and a self-catering room.It cost £600 for the two week hol.
There are lots of package deals around if you dont want the trouble of booking flights and hotels seperately. Coconut Court Hotel was wonderful.It had great food,great beachfront location,wonderful friendly staff and a great bar,resturants too.I did not have air-con though and it was unbearably hot.So make sure u have air con.The rooms were basic,but very clean,,,great value budget holiday..
The Red ROOSTER Bar next to this hotel was a great night out.It done a happy hour and great food and cocktails ;-)

I'd go back just for the Customer Service Alone..06/27/2204

This is a really wierd review because my husband and I were scheduled to stay @ the Coconut Court for our honey moon. We got there 06/27/2004 and was told by I guess the manager that there was a promblem with our room so they would send us to another hotel in barbados. The level of customer service was excellent despite this promblem and they paid for an upgraded room that even included a full free breakfast every morning. We had the best time in our life. I commend the coconut court.. even though we never got past the lobby ..they are number one in my book at servicing the customer!!!!

paradise found

Barbados in July is sheer paradise found. Silver sand, warm azure sea and the population musat be the most friendly in the world and that coming from a scoucer must be a compliment. The coconut court hotel was adequate and very clean. The room that we had was fairly basic, but it was cleaned every day by very friendly, helpful maids. The resort looks out onto a fabulous beach and the town is is a short walk from the hotel. Medical facilities are good. We went on turtle watch one noight and the experience was unforgettable. If I can ever afford it again I will definitely go back. It is a must place to visit before you die. The pace of life is wonderful and the climate superb. Go there!

Twenty Something Dream

by TripAdvisor Member eam530

My best friend and I just got back from Barabdos and had an amazing time. Coconut Court was more than we expected for the price we payed. The beach bar with Charlie is by far the best. We are both in our twenties and were not looking for a five star, but a nice place to lay on the beach by day and leave to go out at night. If you are a family the hotel has great kid stuff to do, but if you are single and want to just relax, you can stay away from kids at the same time. It is a nice mix of people and the beach makes every second worth it. No A/C but it was ok. The first night was tough without the A/C, but we got used because the sound of the ocean and the rum punches make up for it. The location is great, it is between St Lawrence Gap and Bridgetown. We are going back in November. One other great thing is the Red Rooster across the street. We met some great people there. Can't wait to go back!!!

marginal at best

our experience at coconut court was marginal at best. the hotel seems quite old and somewhat rundown. my problems with our stay included: 1. the mattress in our room was awful. it was so soft that you sunk into a hole in the middle which was at least 6 inches lower than the edges. 2. although we had a ocean view room it looked over several out buildings and corrugated metal roofs. 3. the hotel sits right on the road and there is alot of road noise. 4. at least three nights a week there is either karoke or a band at a bar directly across the street and the sound permeates the hotel. it isn't a little noise which you can occasionally hear but a constant loud driving beat. needless to say i wasn't thrilled listening to some drunk singing copa cabana at 1 a.m.

on the positive side, the rooms were clean. there is also agreat little english pub just up the road called fred's club.

Loved the sea views from our room and the restaurant

Stayed at the Coconut Court just after the cricket so things started to quieten down. Standard room had an ocean view which was a great way to wake up every morning. No air con unless you upgrade but we coped OK with celing fan, stand up fan and the breeze from the ocean. Had read a couple of dodgy reviews on here prior to our departure so were very apprehensive. No need to have worried - rooms clean - food very good (menu a bit limited but specials available everyday) we were all inclusive and found no problems on the drink front!!!! View from outdoor restaurant overlooking the sea was the best (just watch the birds at breakfast!!!). Hotel staff all very friendly and helpful. Activities organisers were excellent - well done Gillian and Shaun. Good programme of activities including the fish feeding on your doorstep every day. The kids loved it - snorkeling etc. Sea warm, beach sandy. Too tired for any night life! The sunset Catamaran Crusie is to be recommended - great way to spend an evening.

Did Helicoper trip (very good) and submarine (bit disappointing). One word of warning - the sun is LETHAL because kids in the water all the time they burnt badly - take very high factor cream and reapply every 30- 45 mins and long sleeve T shirt for water if they do get burnt!!!.

We had a great relaxing holiday.

The beach at Coconut Court HotelThe beach at Coconut Court Hotel

Coconut Court Hotels beach was beautifulCoconut Court Hotels beach was beautiful

Coconut Court Hotel

by Zoogirl722

Has anyone stayed in the Coconut Court Hotel and if so, how did you like it?

Also, about how expensive is Barbados compared to Cancun/Cozumel?

Comments