Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church, Barbados
Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Le Bougainvillea

by Velvet about Bougainvillea Beach Resort

$150 USD - off season Fabulous rooms -- all sorts of accommodations available. Very luxurious. Right on the water on South Coast. Less pricey than West Coast resorts and just as beautiful.

by Esteban about Bougainvillea Beach Resort

US$235 per night for 1 bedroom suite with all kitchen utensils included. Great beach and pool with swim-up bar. Excellent view of ocean, workout facility, good on site restaurant. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Units are air conditioned and well maintained.

Are there grocery stores near Bougainvillea?

we are staying at bougainvillea in april and want to know if there are food stores around so we can cook in our room. are the grocery stores expensive? are the restaurants expensive? thanks

Andromeda Forest

by kucha

The Andromeda Botanical Garden, found in the parish of St.Joseph, is a six-acre garden containing several varieties of orchids, palms, ferns, heliconia, hibiscus, bougainvillea, begonias and cacti. The beautiful and exotic flowers and trees are complemented by a lovely stream which bisects the land and forms enchanting pools and waterfalls.

Heavenly

by TripAdvisor Member BlueHeather

In response to your query on Bourgainvillea. We are also at Bougainvillea in April although the end 26th. You will love it at this wonderful place. Supermarket - a small store just along the way although a five mins taxi or fifteen mins walk takes you to a much larger supermarket near Oistens. The reception can order you supermarket goodies if you wish. This will be our seventh visit to Barbados and our third to Bougainvillea, should you want more detailed information please feel free to drop me a mail and I will respond in more depth. If not hope you have a wonderful holiday Heather

Brilliant and very friendly - December 2003

My partner and I stayed here for 2 weeks in December 2003 and found it to be a wonderful hotel. As a guest at Sand Acres the full use of the sister hotel - on the same complex site is given to you also. Sand Acres and Bougainvillea (the sister hotel) have a bar and a resturant each. There are some lovely hammocks in Sand Acres below the palm trees and both hotels have nice swimming pools - a quieter traditonal one in Sand Acres and a slightly busier one in Bougainvilla - which has 2 sections - one with a swim up bar and another sparate sectino - both landscaped.

The staff at the bar are very friendly - Roxanne and Margritte made us feel VERY welcome everyday, as did the brilliant staff in the lanterns by the Sea resturent - (we didnt try the other restuarent) - Eurita and the other waitresses were so friendly it really made the holiday - we kept getting cheery monring waves from the staff as we walked past the restuarent.

All the staff at the main receptionin Bougainvilla were so very friendly too and extremely helpful. not once did we have a single complaint for the whole stay - but if we had have done Im sure it would have been dealt with efficiently and quickly.

Can I stress that though the hotels are sister hotels they are actually on the SAME SITE - some of the reviews I read and the description of the hotel implied to me that there was a completely separtae nature to each hotel - NOT AT ALL. yes there are two parts - the quieter Sand Acres and the larger beached Bougainvillia - but to woalk from one to the other takes 10 seconds - literally nothing more than that - so by booking into Sand Acres you get a lovely spacious room - very clean with white tiles on the fllor, a queen sized bed, a well equipped kitchen with fridge, freezer, overn, microwave and toaster, a very clean and large bathroom and a beautful balcony overlooking the sea, pool and gardens in our case.

We used both pools, both receptino areas, both bars and both beaches - thopugh had our favourite aspetcs of each hotel.

When we went we were invited to the tree trimming parties in Bougainvilliea and Sand Acres - such fun evenings both of them - egg nog and nibbles with carol singing, steel drums and tree triming - deffinately a holiday high light and the reason we will be booking the same hotel again!

Sand Acres and Bougainvilliea are beauftiful well kept hotels with excellent staff and easily near bus routes and have a beautiful beach - the waves are fantastic and never have I had so much fun in the very clear sea - we also got two veyry calm days where there were hardly any waves whihc was lovely too.

This is the best holdiday we have ever had and wouldnt hesitate to recommend this reasonable and well appointed hotel to you!

Sand Acres - quiet, friendly retreat!!

by TripAdvisor Member Dara

It has been some time since we travelled to the Sand Acres Resort in Christ Church - we were there from Sept. 27-Oct. 4 of 2003. All I can say is that Barbados was absolutely paradise. The people were very, very friendly and accomodating and we had no problems being tourists there. The Sand Acres resort was wonderful. For the low, low price that we paid for a weeks stay the amenities were great, and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The bonus is that you get to use the accomodations of their sister resort next door, the Bouganvillia, which gives you even more beach and pool space, snorkeling, etc. Sand Acres is not a luxury resort, but for a clean, comfortable, air conditioned studio with a kitchen, bedroom and balcony overlooking the ocean, you can't beat it. I would recommend it to anyone. One word of advice - if you rent a car, please know that everywhere takes far longer to get to than you think it will - roads are windy and narrow, and there are practically no road signs. If you start off knowing you are in for an adventure, no problem. We did, and it was lots of fun. Enjoy - I hope someday to return - a great vacation.

Never again: Bedlam

Last Christmas was heaven, but what a difference a year makes. This time put on top level with NO WATER on Xmas Eve and Day. Each time I had to walk up and down to complain to management. Excuse was, "Barbados Water Authority said low pressure." Other rooms had water.
Tried to make the best of it and washed in the Hospitality Room. No other rooms were ever offered. Mobbed with huge families, children running around and screaming without any parent supervision in and around the pool, lobby, etc. Check in with no towels available for beach. Everybody grabs the new towels and people who arrive later are in no luck. It has turned into a time-share nightmare for any couples who want peace and quiet. Management's never offered any new room until one day before leaving. The shower was abysmal, like a half a glass of water slowing trickling out of the head. This is their plumbing problems. Get a water pump!!! No water said they were sorry. Very unhelpful. Still enjoyed the beautiful water, sun, and let the ocean wash my skin. What a Christmas and New Year's! We still love Barbados.
Almost forgot. Told Management about sick, emaciated brown dog lying at their wall. Asked them to please get help from the RSPCA which they advertise about in their brochue in the room. No one came and she was chased off. Still upset.....

A delightful place

by TripAdvisor Member jeffCT

The hotel is situated on a very quiet spot on the south coast of the island convenient to the airport. Upon arrival the staff was extremely efficient and very friendly. The rooms are all spacious with very large balconies, a living room, full kitchen, a large bath and a nice bedroom. The only complaint I had with the room was that the water pressure was a little weak, but it was still possible to shower and there was always hot water. The beach and the grounds of the hotel are very well maintained and very pretty. It is a delightful place to go if you are in the market for a relaxing vacation. The restaurant was good for lunch, and the staff was courteous and efficient. We would go back again.

BARBADOS

by bbtrvl

"BARBADOS HOTEL SUMMARY"

Barbados is a great place for relaxation, cultural pursuits and those in search of fun filled activities. Very tropical climate year round that has plenty to do for singles, couples and families. Driving in Barbados is on the left side and although they do have an extensive road system traffic does tend to be heavy at certain times of the day. If your interested in renting a car you must be 25 to qualify for a visitor driver permit which cost $5US. Taxis are not metered and it is advisable to agree on a price beforehand. Barbados does have a departure tax of $12.50US.

I stayed at the Almond Beach Village, it is about 45 minutes from the Grantley Adams International Airport. This is one of the few all inclusive resorts on the island. It has very tropical surroundings on a white sand beach although their is a lot of corral so you cannot easily walk through it. I noticed many guests wore water shoes. The rooms themselves were very nice and clean. The grounds themselves did show a little wear and tear. Although we were told that they were to start some remodeling in the following weeks. The hotel does have a kids club, and a nursery. The resort also has an adults only section. The entertainment was not as good as expected, but they do have Rachel's discotheque which features a weekly managers cocktail party. There are also quite a few locations for weddings including in one of the Sugar Mills and Beach side.

The Almond Beach Club which is located about 30 minutes from the airport. This resort is adults only (16 and over). They serve afternoon tea British style with sweet pastries every afternoon from 3:00 to 4:30. They also have beautiful surroundings and they have a great beachfront gazebo for weddings.

The House is a very elegant hotel also adults only. It sits on a beautiful coral free beach. Very private and exclusive. Some rooms have their own plunge pools. Upon check in the guests are appointed Ambassadors this is similair to a butler service. You mainly deal with your ambassador for all your needs. On the property is Daphne's Restaurant which features gourmet Bayan cuisine and top Italian Wines. They serve very exotic items also for dinner I had Barracuda and it was delicious!
I would recommend both this hotel and restaurant to your high end clients who want more of the quiet and privacy.

Hilton Barbados would be one of my favorites hotels there. It is a beautiful property with a great location. It is on a corner of the island so the ocean seems to drape around it, all the rooms are ocean view. Upon check in you are in a open air lobby with views of the their cascading infinity pool. On the Hilton grounds you will also see the historic Charles Fort with many of the cannons still in place. This area could be reserved for private parties or dinners.

The Savannah Hotel is located near the capital of Bridgetown and close to the nightlife in the St. Lawrence Gap. This was at one time a great hotel but the grounds do show wear and tear. Their is a pools that flow throughout the resort with a swim up bar and a waterfall bar that was not working when we were there. Some rooms also do have their own plunge pools. The rooms are clean but tend to be dark. Kids 12 and under stay free although there are really no activities for them. They do have on site seasonal turtle nesting.

"HOTEL SUMMARY CONTINUED..."

The Bougainvillea Beach Resort is a large property that in my opinion also needs a little updating. It is about 20 minutes from the airport. It has a few wedding locations that I didn't think were as nice as at the other resorts. The kids club is a small room that is a little dark and needs a remodel. They do have one of the only spas in Barbados that specializes in Botox and plastic surgery.

The Little Arches Hotel is a very small 10 room hotel. It is adults only. It is about 15 minutes from the airport. It is not beachfront but across the street. It is in a more private and secluded part of Barbados so you are almost guaranteed a more private beach. The grounds are lush and tropical and their is a small pool. It is owned by a women from Canada who loves the store Pier One. If your familiar with this store it basically explains all the decorating at this hotel. Two of the rooms also have their own Jacuzzi.

The Crane is also one of my favorites on this island it really cannot be compared to the others. It is a 10 minute drive from the airport. It basically sits on a cliff so the views are breathtaking but the downside of this is the wooden stairs that lead down to the beach are almost scary. They are very steep and people almost hesitate when going down. The resort is large so depending on where your clients are staying be prepared to walk. The gardens are beautiful and very well kept. Many of the rooms have their own plunge pools and they were in the construction process of building a large pool area in the middle of the resort.

Has anyone been to the Bougainvillea recently?

by 2gonow

My friend and I will be staying at the Bougainvillea Beach Resort in Christ Church in September 2004. Has anyone stayed there recently? I would appreciate any comments about the service, the rooms (we're staying in a deluxe studio), access to transportation, etc. Thanks for any replies.

Barbados: Sand Acres Beach Resort

by Roseemery

I am going to Barbados April 9th for 1 week and am booked at Sand Acres Beach Resort (timeshare through RCI). Any reviews from other VT members?

Re: Barbados: Sand Acres Beach Resort

by 2gonow

I stayed at the Bougainvillea Beach Resort when I went in September 2004, but it's my understanding that the Bougainvillea and the Sand Acres Beach Resorts have merged. I had a very good time at the beach and hotel. Before I went, I had checked the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com. Although some people have complained about the peddlers on the beach and other problems with the hotel/staff, I had no such problems when I went. Maybe that's because I went during the off-season. I did encounter some minor problems while at the hotel (e.g., the toilet clogged once), but a call to the hotel front desk had the problem resolved quickly. I had the time of my life in Barbados, but I took advantage of a lot of the tours, catamaran cruises, and beach parties available.

RE: Barbados: Sand Acres Beach Resort

by fluffy1968

sand Acres has now merged with bouganvilla, both are very nice. There is a huge pool with cascading waterfall on the bouganvilla side. the beach is nice, great for swimming and walking( nice and long0. There are two restaurants , Lanterns by the Sea serves great sandwhiches, big portions.
Waters Edge is a little more fancy and expensive.
Lots if tours to book at the tour desk, ther is a fitness room , games room and intenet access.

I have been to Bouganvilla resort for the past 4 yrs and have no complaints. I love it there.

Barbados is an amazing island, the people are so friendly. i have yet to encounter any problems with peddlers on the beach. Have a grwat trip

Whic hotel & snorkling tips

by Jukka_35

I am planning a trip to Barbados with my wife this spring and we are looking at 2 hotel options: Bougainvillea and Amaryllis. Does anyone have any preferences or experience on these.

What are the best places to go snorkeling at Barbados?

Thanks

Jukka

Re: Whic hotel & snorkling tips

by stiab3

For snorkelling in Barbados, I'd recommend the underwater park at Folkestone. There's a sunken barge, home to a lot of fish, in about 3-4m of water which makes it perfect for snorkelling.

You may also want to try snorkelling off Speightstown where the turtles are.

I'm not familiar with either of those hotels . . . but you may want to check on www.tripadvisor.com for any reveiews.

s3

Re: Re: Whic hotel & snorkling tips

by Jukka_35

Thanks for the tips.

Jukka

Re: Whic hotel & snorkling tips

by sjrgjr

Hello Jukka,

Am not familiar with snorkeling, but wanted to suggest that you check out the Casuarina Beach Resort which is just up the beach from the Bouganvillea - unless you have already settled on the Bouganvillea. The Bouganvillea is a gorgeous hotel - am not suggesting that. But, the Casuarina has the most gorgeous gardens and a larger, nicer beach area. We have stayed there for our last 4 visits and have never been disappointed. We always walk down the beach to the breakwater by the Bouganvillea and this last visit even asked them to show us their rooms - they are indeed lovely. I just wanted to bring to your attention the difference in the two in case you have any interest in a much larger garden area to relax.

Wherever you stay in Barbados - you will love it!!!!

Comments