Maxwell Coast Road, Oistens, Caribbean

Costs 169% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Sea Breeze Beach Hotel

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dcayres

Myself and boyfriend spent two weeks at the Sea Breeze Beach Hotel from 02/05/04 - 16/05/04. We had a brilliant holiday, the hotel is suberb all staff are very friendly, the hotel is very clean and modern and the food is out of this world well worth doing the All Inclusive option you won't be disappointed different theme/menu every night including A' La Carte, BBQ, Bajan Buffet and Cavary. The Hotel has two swimming pools, and 3 jacuzzi's and the larger of the 3 beaches is lovely although the sea can get quite rough at times. The evening entertainment is very low key but its a 5 mintue taxi ride into St Lawrence Gap were there are a couple of bars/restaurants. Recommend going to the Oistens Fish Fry on a Friday evening the food again is lovely and very cheap, drinks again are cheap about 50p for a bottle of banks beer. I would definately recommend this hotel and I will definately be returning.

Was very Good Value

I've been looking at several reviews on this page over the last couple of days as it's time to find a holiday again!! I have been using this site as a reference for some time now and I generally find the Caribbean reviews to be a helpful descriminator between those not so helpful brochure descriptions. Out of all the Islands and resorts that my girlfriend and I have been to, Barbados and the Sea Breeze is definitely in the top three. As a reference we have been to 4/5* resorts in St lucia/Grenada/St Kitts/Antigua/Turks&Caicos/Tobago, to name a few. At the end of the day I guess it is really is down to personal preference and expectation. We booked this hotel 3 years ago as a last minute 3*+ deal, and we went along expecting nothing more. The beach is fantastic and the grounds were very well maintained. Rooms are 3* and functional as expected. Ok, a pregnant lady was moved because of health concerns over the birds flying into the restaurant. (great way to get upgraded to Crystal cove!!), and yes...the guy on the jet ski was there too!! The buffet food was not the greatest, but the menu nights and menu lunches were top notch. The staff were excellent if a little chilled ( it's the caribbean, what do you expect!! Yeh man!! ). The Pita pockets were a great snack between meals and the Banks beer was great. The supplement for the top shelf cocktails not on the AI plan was pretty reasonable and well worth it. In general it was a great little hotel and we have fond memories. We got 7 nights for a superb 700GBP AI although I think it's at least a 1000+ now. Would definitely consider returning. If you do get a good deal use the extra money to take the luxury grenadines tour. ( make sure it's the luxury one with max 10 people ) Hopefully you will get to sail with captain Bagga and I guarantee you a once in a lifetime experience. It was so good that we did it again last year from St Lucia and got Bagga again!!
Superb!!

best yet

by TripAdvisor Member hutchmilo

This was the first holiday my wife and I have been on alone in 25 years and my word what a holiday it was so relaxing. The staff are out of this world they made you feel so welcome and I have never been anywere that has been so friendly all ready booking for next year

July 2004 - Great in the Rainey Season

After booking through V1rgin at the lastminute we were worried about the fact that July is the start of the rainey season and the hotel - shouldn't have worried!

Any rain that was there (and when it rained it did go for it) cleared quickly and then made way for sunshine. In fact 20 mins of rain was good to take the edge of the heat some days.

The hotel staff were excellent in all areas except for 1 of the member of the reception who appeared a bit unfriendly but was still very efficent. The maids, bar and restarant staff were all very helpful and excellent.

Standard of the food was absolutely superb and would have been in any case but was even better as we were all inclusive.

Hotel had all sorts of places to relax, sunbathe etc including 2 stretches of beach, one sandy terrace above one of the beaches and 2 pools, Jacuzzis, bar areas, covered seating on decking etc - there were plenty of places to hide away for some privacy away from the crowds if you wanted to.

The resport is on the South-West so the sea isn't as flat as the west coast but is still fine for swimming and watersports. The hotel is an easy trip to Oistins and the St Lawrence Gap and Bridgetown.

Only negatives if we had to pick them is, Virgin Rep although very good could have been a bit less salesey on the first day, reception staff could have been a little friendlier and hotel although the rooms are well kept and clean could do with some of the bathroom and kitchen fixtures updating as they look a little tired.

Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member Ali86

I arrived home from Sea Breeze 2 days ago and have serious holiday blues!
I went out there with my boyfriend and we found there were alot of other couples staying there.
Its in a great location, just a walk away from Oistins (Friday Fish Fry is a great evening out!) and St Lawrence Gap.
I would definatly recommend going All Inclusive,as it would add up eating out all the time.
We had an ocean view room and the view was stunning. The beach is beautiful and peaceful and its great to have the beach bar right there for drinks. We found the food very good and varied, fresh fish everyday.
I think a holiday like this can be as relaxed or as busy as you like it, we were offered lots of trips but only chose one.
A MUST is The Cliff restaurant, expensive and you must book before you go (internet) but well worth it!

Okay but some problems

We booked for 14 nights but only stayed 2 nights. Reason? We wanted a fitness centre as shown on the web site but when we got there it had been moved to a shabby room, no a/c and with just some domestic quality equipment such as a cheap treadmill and exercise cycle. No decent weight training equipment. We also wanted sailing and kayaking but this equipment had seen better days and was all locked away, we had to hunt down someone to unlock it. Room was okay but a bit tatty. A sign said "Make sure you use the security lock on the patio door especially at night". Security lock on the patio door was a 4inch nail you had to poke through a hole drilled in the frame. Service in the restaurant was extremely slow. The hobo was there on the beach talking to someone on the phone, except he didnt have a phone. He also urinated on the rocks in the corner of the beach. Lord only knows what he poured on his cigarettes from the vial in his pocket before he smoked them! If you dont mind all this then the hotel is fine

A dreadful hotel

This was our honeymoon and we ended up only staying 1 night. It was nothing like it was described in the brochure, rooms were terrible even though we were supposed to have a superior sea view room, but it lacked a sea view.
Bathroom was appalling with tiles missing off the walls cracks in the glass and the whole room was in a filthy state which hadn't been cleaned properly.
The hotel is in desperate need of a refurbishment and the watersports equipment needs to be updated, overall it only deserves a 1* rating.
Reception staff and the rep are of little help and believe us we weren't the only ones complaining at the time. In the end we were so pleased to pay more and be transferred to the much nicer West Coast.

2nd stay at idyliic Sea Breeze is just as fantastic as the first time

I really don't know what the last reviewer is talking about when they say that this hotel deserves a one star rating. It's as though we have staryed in different hotels.

We first stayed at the Sea Breeze in 2000 for our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it. We went back to Christchurch in 2002 and stayed at the Asta (which is now the Amaryllis) but it didn't live up to the Sea Breeze for us so we decided to stay at the Sea Breeze once again this year. We have just got back from a two week stay and it met every expectation it set the last time.

I realise we have had fantastic sea views both times and this does help, but our room was so clean (and I am the first to complain if a room is unclean). We decided to book direct this time and when we emailed to get a price they said that as we had been before they would give us 20% discount. As a bonus they said that should our parents wish to come theyt would give them a 10% discount. We kept in contact with the hotel over 12 months before the holiday as we payed a little bit off here and there. We also asked them to give us a similar room to the one we stayed in on holiday (which they did) and we happened to menion that it was our 4th Wedding Anniversary. When we got there there was flowers and champagne waiting in the room. When we drank this they replaced it with a fruit basket and bottle of wine.

The maid was superb and would come back later when we asked her to, and although it wasn't in her job duties she cleaned our glasses each day. The room was spotless.

The staff were fantastically friendly and helpful, with particular mention to Wendy who answered our many email enquiries, and Ellerton the bar man. I agree the restaurant staff aren't the friendliest bunch but they are polite.

The grounds are gorgeaus with groundsmen and gardeners working there daily. Two pools, three outdoor jacuzzis, two hammocks...no-one could say this was 1*.

We met a couple whilst there who were due to go to Cyprus next year to celebrate their 10th Anniversary as this is where they got married, but they have now decided to go back to the Sea Breeze. We met another couple who have been to the hotel four times and are already booked up to go back in February.

It's exactly as it says and looks in the brochure.

If anyone would like to ask anything else about the Sea Breeze please do not hesitate to email me.

A great week at the Sea Breeze

by TripAdvisor Member hodgebabe

We have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Sea Breeze and found it a lovely place to stay. It is located right on the beach and we had a sea view room where you could hear the waves lapping all day and night. Yes our room could have done with a lick of paint but certainly not bad enough to warrant complaints. In fact whilst we were there several people had been transferred to the hotel following complaints about noise from road building in St Lawrence Gap.
My husband used the gym daily and found it perfectly adequate to keep fit .. it was not the latest equipment but fine for a weeks use.
The staff were very friendly and helpful though reception staff were efficient rather than friendly.
It takes a few days to get used to the pace of life in Barbados and once you do you realise that the staff live that pace. After all a holiday is to relax and take your time ... just lay back and enjoy the service it's great!!
We would definately go back and so would most of the people we spoke to. If you want 5 star luxury and service go elsewhere and pay more. If you want a laid back, comfortable, good food, nice people sort of place do not hesitate to go to the Sea Breeze.

gorgeous

i am in the sea breeze at the moment and it is absoloutly brilliant. i got married in the hotels gazebo on 25/8/04 and it was amazing. the staff are great the rooms are great and the food is great. if anyone says this hotel is awful then they are just being stubborn because its paradise.

Sea Breeze

by dcayres

Does anyone have any information on the Sea Breeze hotel, am looking at going next May. Also what will the weather be like early May.

Thanks
Denise

Re: Sea Breeze

by rachel_sun

I believe May is the start of the rainy season.But ive been all over Caribbean all times of year and you will get alittle rain, but hard and fast showers and then within half an hour sun will be out again.It will be slightly humid but not too bad that time of year.I went to Barbados in Sept and i nearly died from the humidity.Make sure you have air-con in your room.Enjoy your trip.Watch out for aloe vera beach sellers as they ripped me off....

Re: Re: Sea Breeze

by rachel_sun

Here is a link with peoples opinions on the hotel and info on the hotel.

Re: Re: Sea Breeze

by dcayres

Hi Rachel, thank you very much for your reply to my message, have had a look at the Trip Advisor website and its mainly good reports on the Sea Breeze so will be booking this week.

Thanks again for your help

Comments