Escape at the Gap

St Lawrence Gap, Caribbean

Good For No Data
  • audiman's Profile Photo

little bitt of heaven

We stayed for a week in sept 07. Just one of those holidays when everything went right. From the very first thing to the last. Flew with virgin(first time) 10 out of 10. The hotel just could not fault anything about it. Great location, just a 5min stroll to st. lawerence. Great time to go the schools had finished, beach was beautiful and very clean. Went with the turtle man from the beach, much better than on the virgin trip. Bridgtown what a cool place people really friendly. recommend just getting a beer and people watch for awhile. Really recommend oystons market on saturday night, you have to see it to believe it. Then just down the street watching all the locals ballroom dancing havent laughed so much for ages

More about Escape at the Gap

Great Location

We have just returned from a fantastic holiday in Barbados following the England cricket team. Before we went we were concerned at some of the comments about the Escape to the Gap. We did not need to worry. The rooms we had were spacious and cleaned daily. The food in the Pirates restaraunt was of good quality, and in the Beach Restaurant the food was reasonable and usually self service which suited the youngsters in our party. The ommelettes at breakfast were A1. We had no problems being served to drinks (and we should know the amount of rum we drank !) and on the whole the staff were friendly. The Rep was brill and got us Test Match tickets straight away. The location of the hotel is second to none. The beach is fantastic and we actually found the local sellers great fun and added to the Carribean experience. In the evening it is only a short walk to The Shipp Inn and McBrides (frequented by the England players after the Test was won) and a $5 taxi ride to Harbour Lights. We shall return to Barbados either for the World Cup or the next Test Match tour and will definitely look to book in at the Escape to the Gap.

Fantastic Holiday!!

Myself and my boyfriend are just back from a 2 week break in Barbados (staying at Escape at the Gap) and I felt I had to write a review to let you know what a fantastic time we had! The hotel was actually a lot better than I had imagined; rooms were spacious, had everything you could need and were cleaned every day. The food was great in both restaurants and even though the Pirates was not open every night, we did not find this a problem. Plenty of pubs and restaurants around also! The pools were ok just for cooling off. The beaches were amazing although people trying to sell u things did get a bit tedious towards the end! In all though the people were really friendly and made this an unforgettable holiday for us!

brilliant for childeren and adults alike

we have just returned from a holiday at escape and we all want to go straight back the rooms were cleaned daily, the food was good, maybe menu,s were a bit repetitive but we we never went hungry in fact there was too much to eat. out two childeren aged 6 and 4 loved it and didnt want to come home great kids club for them and we all made plenty of friends. The entertainment was ok but with all the reggae bars and karaoke bars nearby why complain. The beach and sea were paradise and right on your doorstep. Some reviews complained of staff being ignorant we did not find this at all both the reception restaurant and bar staff were very friendly, reception were particularly helpful and even charged our mobile phones up each evening, you get a spot of hassle from the beach sellers if you tell them a plain NO they usually go away, The bajan people are generally very helpful, genuinly friendly and will give you a warm hello without always trying to sell you things. All in all this is a beautiful and developing island, and we cannot wait to book our next trip back to escape

Lovin it !

i have just returned from escape today and im missin it already !...

staff are awsum !!

Sonia,Mark,Marc,Helen,Claude,Hansom,Desiree,Trudy<< these people made me feel realli welcome.

The sellings on the beach mite put u off but they r harmless i love them all

im goinbk there in january sooooo i realli realli recomend u go there !!!

sam ! x

What a womderful experience

We have just returned from Barbados after 10 nights staying at "Escape at the Gap". We had the most awsome time and didn't want the experience or holiday to end. We made loads of friends both in terms of other guests at the hotel as well as the staff and the locals on the beach and even those who were around trying to sell aloa vera!

The staff at this hotel are extremely friendly (every one has their off days remember) and their attention to service is far greater than I have experienced in the UK. For all the bad reports that I read on here before I went to stay at Escape, all I can say is that they should pay through the nose and stay somewhere else or go live on a desert island alone where they cannot critisise something for the sake of it. The waitresses, reception staff, housekeepers, groundspeople - we haven't got a bad word to say about them. Put it this way, most of the people that were staying in the hotel the same time as we were there have all said that they were going to book to go back for sure. We are just looking at booking for next year too.

The guys who run the watersports hire that you go to from the hotel for the inclusive activities are absolutely great. We have got pictures of them with our kids and have even gone as far as inviting them for a get together when they visit the UK.

As far as holidays go, and we usually do the 'Med', this is by far the best holiday we have been on and service on the continent (europe) cannot touch the service recieved in Barbados. Locals are really thrilled when they find out you are English, they really love the Brits.

the food was great and pleniful, the kids (who are fussy eaters) where well catered for with fries and chicken nuggets which you pre-order at breakfast for lunch and even dinner time. On a couple of occassions, we forgot to pre-book - this was no trouble for the friendly staff at all. They would just return minutes later with our request!

A la carte nights were good and it gave one a great opportunity to try something different. Wine was flowing and as soon as your glass looked partially empty, it would be filled up as many time as you wanted.

Housekeeping came daily, beach towels could be changed daily if you went to the 'pavillion' near the small pool to swap them at an allocated time.

Oh, by the way, at breakfast time you MUST have a freshly made ommolette (the best ones are made by Marion, who was thrilled when I said that hers where famous - it made her day).

I could go on and on about this holiday but all I can say is go and experience it for yourself. If a lick of paint to the outside of a building bothers you that much... book somewhere else, you don't deserve to be in the company of such hardworking and friendly staff. This is definately a relaxing holiday.

Paula, Darren, Ashley and Kieran.

40th birthday heaven

Me & my husband went to Escape for 2 weeks last March for my 40th bday, I had not seen the reviews b4 hand as I didn't have access to the internet, I am so glad I didn't as it would have put me off going! We found the hotel excellent and the a la carte food in The Pirates second to none and over the 2 week period we were not served the same dish twice. The food in the Beach restaurant was also very good especially the breakfast. The staff were pleasant and friendly, despite when wanting a drink and their very layed back approach gets a tadge annoying, but thats Carribbean life!! On the day of our departure, unbeknown to me, I had left my purse in the toilet and luckily this had been found by one of the hotel staff and was handed back with every dollar and credit card in tact, full marks for that one. Beach staff were ace!!!

You'll love it!!

Wow what a great holiday probably the best, i cant believe people are giving this hotel a bad review!
The hotel rooms were very large and spacious. They were always clean and up to standard. The only bad thing was at night there were these frogs which made the loudest noise ever but you got used to it.
If your looking to make friends this is a great place to venture as it is strictly a virgin hotel only English people stay. To be far the holiday was the best because I made so many friends which im still in contact with even though a year has past.
Also single parents dont be put off I travelled with my mum and she found it great.
The food was lovely especially the a la carte nights but you didnt get to choose which restaurant you went to!
Well hope you venture to this fabulous place and resort!

Excellant Holiday

We stayed at escape in April 2004, and reading all the previous reviews we were not looking forward to it and had even thought about cancelling. Well how wrong the beach was the best and we travelled around the island and even thought it was better than some of the West coast. The food in the hotel was lovely especially the breakfast and those famous omelettes!. The room was always clean and our room was on the landside where the view was not that good but that did not even put us off.
I don't know why people have complained about this hotel, we think it is excellant value for money.
Maybe somepeople just like to moan!.
We have booked again for next year and are staying at their sister hotel Escape at Prospect Bay.

barbados fantastic! EAG not so

definitely go to barbados again, people fantastic and very friendly/chilled. Catamaran excursion isa definite not to be missed.
Escape at the Gap has a wonderful location with nice big rooms but don't expect luxury, there's nothing to do when it rains and the kid's club wasn't up to much.

Comments