Almond Beach Club & Spa

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Almond Beach Club & Spa

All-inclusive

by autumnshamrock about Almond Beach Club &Spa

Great service, friendly staff. Great place if you want to avoid children. Beach is non existant but it's a minute walk to a great beach.

All-inclusve resort

by Jagermeister about Almond Beach Club

The Almond Beach Club is an all-inclusive resort on the property directly adjacent to the Sandy Lane resort. The beach on the property is TINY and not sandy. There are mainly rocks. There is a big pool area though.

There is a gym and many bars, including a piano bar which also does karaoke.

The food is good, especially in the small, reservations-only Bajan restaurant.

The highlight of the Almond Beach Club, when I was there, was the Almond Beach Allstars--a band of locals who play many covers of reggae, disco, Hendrix, you name it. They were absolutely fantastic!!! Especially the guitar player...

Heaven on Earth

My friend took me to the ABC and spa for my 50th Birthday present. I was in heaven!! and so impressed with the hotel and its staff that I would love to live and work there - and all because of the warmth I experienced by EVERY SINGLE PERSON I met. I am not a world traveller, but for my heaven on earth, I feel that I need look no further. I found it at Almond Beach Club and Spa.

For older couples

My girlfriend and I just returned from the Almond Beach Club in
Barbados. As much as we enjoyed our time here, we will not be returning
to ABC. This is definitely a resort for RELAXING only. If the only
thing you want to do is read a book and lay around the pool or beach
all day, then this is the place for you. There are absolutely zero
activities to do, no music playing at all. I was afraid to make any
noise around the pool area for fear of being told to shut up. The
standard room we had was very small, yet tastefully decorated. The
bathroom itself only has a toilet and bathtub, and is very tiny, and
the actual countertop is part of the main room. The sliding patio door
we had hardly slid, and required some brute strength to slide it open.
This is an older resort, and it due for some renovation. We did enjoy
the food in the restaurants, and found most of the staff very friendly
and accomodating. There were a couple of nights where the wait from
beginning until end was 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
There is almost no beach at all. It is very small, and they pack as many lounge chairs onto it as possible. There are also many rocks and boulders placed here, which act as a breakwall at night when the tide comes in, making it difficult to get to the water if you wish to. There is a very long nice stretch of beach on the left of the property. You can take a short walk here and go swimming.

We also found that the nightly entertainment was very boring. Most nights by ten o'clock there were only a handful of people left, the slow music the band played put everyone in sleep mode. After the show, the main bar shuts down and you must go to the piano bar if you want a drink. This room is the size of a couple of telephone booths at best. Be prepared to stand if it's full.

The last thing would be the dress code. Men cannot wear tank tops in
the restaurants for lunch, so don't bother bringing them unless you
don't mind changing before you eat. They are also very stringent on
making men wear long pants in any dinner and entertainment areas after
6:30 pm. It is very hot, and this adds to being uncomfortable. Women
can basically wear what they want for dinner, as long as it is not a
bikini. Overall we did enjoy our vacation, met some great people, but
are disappointed in the resort and will not return. For the amount of
money we spent to come here, we could have found a far better place in
Cuba or Mexico.

unbelievable

I have never been to the Caribbean before so i really can't compare Barbados to other islands, but I can tell you this... I have never had more fun in my life than I did in Barbados. If you are seeking romance and relaxation, then go to Almond. The pool, the beach, the lights, the people, and the area is absolutely amazing. The food is very good, especially the Italian restaurant at the village. The water sports were a great time, along with the moments of my boyfriend and I sipping on Malibu. I would go back there in a second, except, GET A DIRECT FLIGHT IF YOU CAN. We traveled over 14 hours to reach St. James from Boston.
But, it was well worth the trip. Don't listen to other reviews. The place was beautiful and very magical. Definately visit Almond.

Holiday of a Lifetime!

Where to start! Food was fantastic, hotel was fantastic and the staff were wonderful! My and Husband and I got married at the Almond on the 19th June 2003 and we are already planning to go back next year for our anniversary! All I can say is if you want to experience relaxation, luxury and all without screaming children this is the hotel for you.
The only problem we encountered was being on the top floor and having to climb so many stairs after a couple of rum punches!

Great spot...

My boyfriend and I went to the Almond Club & Spa at the beginning of July; the beginning of the off season. It was great. Having never been to Barbados, we were a bit apprehensive when we arrived (picking a hotel, banking on the accuracy of the internet is a bit frightening), we were pleasently surprised. The only bad thing was, when we arrived our room wasn't ready, but we were able to change, have lunch, and hang out until it was finished. The rooms were clean but we didn't really spend much time there. The food was decent, buffet brkfst, your choice of buffet (grilled items) or off a menu for lunch, we only ate dinner there twice, we preferred to go out. The staff was very helpful and friendly; we often went out based upon their recommendations. I was actually surprised at how nice the staff was. There is a lot to do during the day, they have someone there that will book everything for you, but they charge you a fee to set everything up, but it's not that big of a deal and you know it's legit. The pool was fine, but I prefer the beach. If you don't want to stay at the Beach Club, you can walk down as far as you want. Overall it was a great trip and I would recommend it to anyone. When you go, don't forget to go swimming with the turtles!! One last thing and this is very important....DO NOT FLY BWIA!!!!!

WONDERFUL PLACE

What a WONDERFUL Place!!!

Just returned from six fantastic nights at ABC and wish I was still there. This place really was GREAT!

When I arrived, I was immeadiately upgraded to a much nicer room, and the surprises only went up from there.

The food was great, the service was wonderful, the room, beach, and entire set up was fantastic. They went out of their way to make me feel welcomed, and no request was ignored or put off.

I visited the Village resort, their sister resort, several times as well, and was treated great there too. Almond Resort is DEFINATELY a winner.

After I made my reservations, I read some of the negative reviews and this scared me a little. But once I arrived, the service, facility, and everything else, was far beyond my expectations. Anyone who is unhappy with this place is just a chronic complainer.

Now, I live and work in the region alot. I have seen several different regional resorts, and this may be why I had no complaints. Those that complain may not be used to travelling in the region, and therefore, their expectations may be alot higher than reality. But based on my experience in the region, ABC delivers in every way.

I would highly recommend ABC and the Village too, to anyone who is travelling to Barbados and looking for good value for money.

GREAT JOB ABC! ! !

Wonderfull, so romantic

We got married at the ABC last week (october 1st) and it was wonderfull. Very romantic, quiet, beautifull and so on. We were upgrated to a suite and our balcony was amazing. We could jump in to the pacific ocean right from our balcony. We enjoyed some amazing sunsetts from there. People were very friendly, food was very nice.
Both my husband and I travel a lot and I work in tourisme and we both really loved this hotel and its staff. If you get a change, book a horsebackriding tour with Steve's stables. He is a lot of fun and it is such a great experience to ride along the beautifull white beaches of Barbados' westcoast early in the morning. We are definitely going back!
We hated to leave!

dissappointing

We spent the week of Oct 6-13th,2003 at the almond village resorts. The vacation was overall , a dissappointment. The staff was very polite but not very friendly with the exception of very few. The rooms were marginally clean, hard mattresses and old decor. Trays were emptied quickly at buffet tables and not replenished. You will have to wait your turn at the bar even if no one else is present. We were ignored unless we became vocal and were directly in front of the bartender.
However, the entertainment was first class and professional, food at dinner was good and the presentation notable. The breakfast buffet was sparse. If you want a banana you will need to make a special request and then be prepared to wait a while. Do not expect to find a large amt. of tropical fruits. The local peddlers were ever present on the beach but do not make a nuicance of themselves as we have run into on other islands. I would not recommend this resort and would certainly not return.

Almond Beach Club & SpaAlmond Beach Club & Spa

Oceanfront suite at Almond Beach ClubOceanfront suite at Almond Beach Club

Vegas wedding then Barbados

by craigandclaire

Your views on the Almond beach club and spa would be valued - one of the better ai resorts according to Virgin and ideal for our honeymoon destination - sept 2010. Looking at deluxe beachfront accomadation and will need to relax..uk to vegas, 4 nights there including wedding and then a long flight via miami to get here...any thoughts, tips or other hotel recommendations...
Looking forward to your replies...

Re: Vegas wedding then Barbados

by Odinnthor

Certainly nothing wrong with the Almond Beach Club, - it is the nicest AB there, in my opinion. I personally am somewhat partial to the Fairmont Royal Pavilion, or the Crane Resort, although neither is an "all inclusice" resort. Never been a fan of "all inclusive" places, although they do serve a purpose I suppose. I just like a little more freedom of choice. But that's just me. If you want to potentially rub elbows with the stars, then Sandy Lane is the place to be. Again, not an all inclusive hotel, but it is an exclusive one.

As far as the "all inclusives", the Almond Beach Club is probably your best bet, since this is after all, your honeymoon. It is for adults only, and several other "all inclusives" also cater to families.

Anyway,just a couple of thoughts. Congrads on the upcoming nuptuals, and enjoy the ride....!!

Comments