Tropical Escape

Paynes Bay, Barbados

More about Tropical Escape

Fantastic value, great location

by emmabee about Tropical Escape

This friendly little hotel suited us down the ground.Nothing fancy just clean comfortable accomodation in a fab location.Highly reccomended! The staff are so good at their jobs all through this hotel.

Cottages and All-included Resorts

by lionreb about Tropical Escape

We rented a cottage on the beach for a week and rented a car. I think it was a considerable success. We met some people who were at an-all included resort down the beach and they seemed happy with their choice. The differences were remarkable and worth noting. We did some cooking, food shopping as well as dining in restaurants and with friends... More detail later or if you have specific questions.. The cottage afforded us with privacy and the adventure of exploration with a nice base camp. cooking facilities, veranda over the beach, outdoor porch

Take me back

by TripAdvisor Member dansten

My partner and I stayed at the Tropical Escape Hotel from the 27th June- 11th July 2004 and were delighted with the whole experience.
The hotel although quite basic was very clean and the food could not be faulted.The staff could not be more helpful and friendly and even joined in some of our " carry ons "
Other guests had been moved here because of problems at some other well known hotels but were well satisfied with clean and simple Tropical Escape

Great Holiday

Tropical Escape is a superb hotel for a relaxing holiday on Barbados. The rooms are nice & always immaculately clean, the food is very godd & the staff are extremely helpfull & friendly. Quick mention to Al the manager who is a nice bloke & always friendly, and the bar staff - Hayden (top lad) and Felix (a real character). Thoroughly reccomended.

our 9 visit a great hottel cant do enough for you great

by TripAdvisor Member blowbubbles2

our 9 visit to tropical escape clean ,,great food ,,,,staff like family ,al the manager cant do enough for the guests ,,,as long as staff etc are there we will be back ,home from home very well recomended

What a waste of space....?

The Tropical Escape is the worst place I have stayed. The food was bland, rarely warm and usually shared with the local wildlife. The drinks not always available, the barstaff miserable, Felix! words can't describe him, perhaps he has a problem with English people. This is as much as I will say about this 1 star (if that) Airtours Hotel. Described earlier as a 'poor mans hotel' The reviewer has that spot on.
A visitor to the Island for a few years!

EXCELLENT. GREAT, BRILLIANT

My boyfriend & I stayed at the Tropical Escape in January this year, we both decided on day 1 that it was like paradise. Ok the food wasn't 5 star rating but it was edible, the staff were always very friendly and would go out of their way to do anything for any of the guests, we found the rooms to be adequate for what we neede, they were cleaned every day, so no complaints there! I feel that sometimes people forget that they go on holiday to relax and have a good time, maybe these people that didn't enjoy their stay should learn to chill out a bit. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we have already booked to back in January 2005. All I can say is roll on January

Paradise!

My Girlfriend and I stayed at Tropical Escape the first 2 weeks in June 2004, it was the first time we'd been away All Inclusive and our first visit to the Island.
What a place!! The Hotel provided superb accommodation, the rooms were a nice size, pleasantly decorated and kept impeccably clean. The hotel location was excellent, the beach being only 40 yards away, Speigstown and Holetown just up the road. The hotel featured a nice size pool and 2 bars, drinks were also available on the beach. The beach lads were great, offering the use of kayaks, the hobie and snorkelling gear. The security man on the beach was great, organising a wonderful trip for us to swim with the turtles and a shipwreck on a glass bottom boat. All of the staff were really happy, funny and friendly, willing to help and advise at any opportunity. Nothing was a problem. We had a roadside room and would definitely stay in one again.
The food the hotel provided was 5* all meals we had were delicious and the service on the a la carte nights second to none. The hotel provided us with a packed lunch for a few days, so we could tour the island, very much appreciated.
Barbados is a beautiful Island and the people there are very welcoming and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will definitely be going again... ASAP!
A big thank you, to all the staff at Tropical Escape who made our holiday fantastic.

we have been 3 times

We have been to tropical escape for the last 3 years. Our last visit being December 2003. well what can I say, as normal you get the people who want to moan - similar to some of the reviews.

We have been back for the last 3 years because we can not fault it. Remember the lifestyle here is laid back and you are on holiday - just chill out.

The food we couldn't fault it, and rest assured I can be a faddy eater, mind you I did put on a few pounds.

Anything we asked for the staff sorted out.

When we booked we asked for a pool side room, every year we got these. In fact last year we asked for the same room 222, just for a laugh and we did get this.

Even the security man Graffton (Willy), who now works at the Escape at the Gap, came to see us during our stay. Those of you, who have been going back to this hotel will remember him from a couple of years ago.

Anyway would certainly recommend this place.

Sailaway

This is a little gem of a hotel. Not perfect but suited my wife and I just fine. An old fashioned, small Caribbean building with a pleasant verandah to eat at ; yes it can get pretty hot inside. The staff, especially the manager, were most helpful, the food above average. The pool is rather small but hey! the caribbean is over the road, some 30/40 yards away. The two young lads running the beach facilities could not have done any more for me as I am disabled. I never thought I would sail single handed ever again but they set me up at the shoreline in one or other of the hotel catamarans and off I went, happy as the preverbial. Location allows you to rub shoulders with the glitterati at Sandy Lane if you feel the need! last visit May, 2003.

THE FRONT OF TROPICAL ESCAPETHE FRONT OF TROPICAL ESCAPE

taxi to tropical escape

by carolinehorgan

could someone please advise how much a taxi would cost from bridgetown airport to tropical escape hotel and will it carry 5 passengers, thanks

Re: taxi to tropical escape

by Sunniebgi

likely it will cost around 50-60bbd 25-30usd. don't quote me on this cause I don't take taxi's but I do know a few rates.

There are vans that will take 5 people and luggage. I would recommend that when you come out of the arrivals hall, go to the left and there is a kiosk that has taxi assistance. Don't just walk up to one of the drivers. Ask the gentleman at the booth for help and tell him where you want to go and how many people.

Re: taxi to tropical escape

by bajantraveler

Airport taxis come in various sizes including vans, so finding one that can accommodate 5 passengers plus luggage won't be a problem. Rates are fixed and posted on a large notice board in the arrivals area. For that distance, it will probably be around US$50.

tropical escape hotel, st james

by emmabee

hiya
I am very close to booking 2 weeks at this hotel in september, having read some great reviews, just trying to get as much feedback as poss.My partner has been to the resort, so it's just the hotel we need info on please, any pics would be fab!
thanx in advance, emma.x

Re: tropical escape hotel, st james

by emmabee

well I went ahead and booked, so please any info at all on the resort of st james would be just great

The St. James Hotel, Paynes Bay, Barbados

by charanga

We are planning a 7-night stay at The St. James, Barbados. Can you decribe your experience/stay? What was the beach like, i.e, calm/tranquil, rough, accommodations, service, etc. Also, did you rent a car or use taxis? Please advise.

Thank you.