Royal Westmoreland

Caribbean

More about Royal Westmoreland

Golfing

by 1Nomad

Do you like to play golf? I am the weekend guy who plays maybe 1 or 2 times a year. I have managed to get my score down below 100 (for 9 holes). Insurance for the greens is optional in my opinion. However, as we drove by this particular course, it looked like a place a lot of professionals would like to play. It's called BARBADOS GOLF CLUB. It looks pretty new. The grass was plenty green and the trees are coming along nicely. Its located up in the hills and should provide plenty of challenges. I will also say that this for me was a little expensive. Green Fee prices during the high season run $119 and
$79 US low season. Carts are $13 US. If you need club's, they have rentals for $20.00 (Cobras). Shoe rental is also available for $7.50. If golf is your thing, then passes are $270.00 (high) and $189 (low season) for 3 days. 7 day passes are $588 and $385. If your like me and need tuition, then one hour is $50 and thirty minutes will be $30 US regardless of season. There is another golf club to the north of Bridgetown. It is called Royal Westmoreland. Sorry I can't provide more information on that one.

Where to stay

by joadan

Going to Barbados this summer, friends are staying at the Royal Westmoreland. What part of the island is that property? Also any recommendations for any other properties near that property. Looking for a 3 BR villa or hotel. If we decide to stay at different location of the island is St. James (location of Royal Westmoreland is located)easily accessible time wise by rentals or bus. Will be traveling with 3 adults and a 19 and 17 year olds. If rent a villa/house,any recommendation of vacation rentals companies in Barbados

Re: Where to stay

by Sunniebgi

Royal Westmoreland is located inland from the upper west coast. if you are not wanting to stay there, they are only a short up hill ride from several hotels along the west coast strip. However, if you are looking for a 3 bedroom place, I'm not sure a Hotel is what you are looking for.

I might recommend you check the villa rental site Bajan Services. There are others but I'd recommend this one. if you choose to stay on the south coast, your drive time to them will be about 30 to 45 minutes depending on where you are staying and time of day you are driving. hope this helps.

Comments