Accra Beach Hotel

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Accra Beach Hotel

Here is a list of hotels in...

by rachel_sun

Here is a list of hotels in Barbados.

Accra Beach Hotel,Rockley.tel:435-8920.This hotel has comftable rooms,restuarants,shops,sports and pool.Price is medium to expensive.

Almond Beach Club,Vauxhall,tel:432-2115.All-inclusive hotel with great watersports,fitness centre,tennis,pools.A deluxe resort with top prices. Howard Johnson Hotel,Maxwell tel:428-3428.All of these apartments have been referbished and upgraded and some have air-conditioning,telephone,cable tv.This hotel is a meduim price.

Great Sea View

by Russ60 about Magic Isle Apatments

These apartments stand at one end of Accra beach in Rockley.
They were fairly large with air-con and we had a great sea view Fantastic location on Accra Beach set in very pleasant gardens with a nice pool which few people use as the beach is at the end of the property

Great Sea View

by Russ60 about Magic Isle Apatments

These apartments stand at one end of Accra beach in Rockley.

Accra Beach-has lots of...

by rachel_sun

Accra Beach-has lots of people,activities,beach stalls which sells food and drinks and bodysurfing and people watching.This beach is cool and happening and i liked it here.

Excellent Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member gemmmmmm

I was unsure due to the website however when I reached the Hotel I was pleasantly surprised. From introduction to the hotel by the wonderfull little red boy at front desk (i cannot remmber his name) to Jennifer Crane of guest services who was always pleasant and smiling. I know I was in the right place. On my first night I was specially invited to the managers cocktail reception where I met the Sales Manager Nicholas who is a gem to any organisation, he made me feel like I was the most important person in the hotel. The pool was great, the rooms were very nice, service from staff was excellent on all occasions and it seemed very genuine. My only complaint is that there was no one to escort me to the local club, The hotel needs to look into having a staff member who would would accomany guest to clubs or just nights out. The were 5 of us who had to go out together and in a strange country we were a bit uneasy even though Barbados is very safe and pratically crime free from reports.
I would recommend anyone to stay at the Accra Beach Hotel I cannot wait for the opening of the new wing.

We Love Barbados, We Had a Blast

by TripAdvisor Member Blast

We stayed at Accra Beach Barbados we had a great time not one negative item everthing was wonderful, we can't wait to return. The hotel is clean the staff go out of their way to help you, always smiling and cleaning. The room was very clean spacious with good beds & air conditioning for a great night sleep. The food was good, we liked the Polynesian Restaurant the buffet breakfast was good. Our son[12] really enjoyed the Pizzeria. We loved the Swim-up-bar,great drinks the staff is wonderful. When heading out to town don't forget your passports it's DUTY-FREE. Stop at the water ways & take a cruise on the Jolly Roger it definetly is the highlight of our trip. We rented a MOKE & toured the island this is like Paradise the tourquoise waters, the white sands, the friendliest people, we were very pleased with Barbados. We loved the location the cleanliness and wonderful staff at Accra Beach Hotel. There is a strip plaza across the street & a couple steps walk to the bus stop or a cab stand in front of the hotel YES I would recommend Accra Beach to everyone !!!

I'd go back tomorrow

My family and I (including my 2 and 5 year old granddaughters) spent a week at this wonderful little hotel and in spite of construction going on next door, we had a wonderful time. (It wasn't at all noisy). The beach was great and we didn't have to worry about hot-rod personal watercraft riders zipping past. (It's illegal within a certain distance of the beach line).

The pool with it's little waterfall and grotto was a favorite with the kids while the adults enjoyed the bar that extended into the pool area.

The rooms were nicely decorated and the 3 that we occupied all had a nice view of the ocean and the pool. (Ours even had a hot tub on the balcony).

The staff was great. Very helpful and friendly.

The wireless internet was out of service but the internet was still accessible via a "hard" connection.

One restaurant was also out of service but wasn't missed as the poolside location more than made up for it. The food was very tasty and very nicely presented. They have a problem with birds, though, that have learned how to circumvent the netting to gain access to the bits of food that finds its way onto the floor or tables that have not been bussed. (They swoop down to gobble up leftovers within seconds of diners leaving their tables).

The area around the hotel left much to be desired, however. Sidewalks, when there were sidewalks, were badly cracked and broken and much of the area seemed generally unclean. In its defense however, Barbados is doing much to fix up and spruce up. We would certainly go back and we would happily stay at the Accra Beach Hotel which we would rate a strong 4.

We would NOT, however ... under any circumstances fly Air Jamaica.

Wonderful Time We Love Barbados

by TripAdvisor Member Robert-Canada

My husband and myself travelled to Barbados we stayed at Accra Beach Hotel we had a wonderful time. Lets start with the Bajan people who made our stay so enjoyable the staff was always cleaning and smiling. Wonderful people so genuine, kind, warm and friendly we've been to Costa Rica and experienced the same kind of great hospitality. I read a few reviews negative I can not believe you can go to this wonderful Island and not enjoy... Remember a Holiday is what YOU make of it! This hotel is on a white sandy beach with tourquiose crystal clear waters...Breath-taking... The weather was perfect you couldn't ask for better. Loved the Boogie Board some great high waves just wonderful... Our room was fantastic great comfortable bed like home, with an ensuite great clean cozy room. The BEST was the jacuzzi on the balcony Wonderful idea. There is a small strip-plaza across the street with a convenience store, pharmacy a few restaurants etc.. You can catch a bus half a block down, a cab-stand infront of the hotel or walk. Christ Church is not far it's the best spot to shop don't forget your passport for duty-free. The St. Lawrence Gap for the wonderful restaurants, the food can be pricey but...you can not beat the freshness or quality after all this is Barbados. Wonderful refreshing pool, great swim-up-bar and snack bar. We toured the Island, we rented a Moke and safety was never an issue. For the best time we had was the Jolly Roger Criuse it's like a pirate ship. You walk the blank the whole nine yards, We loved the Rum Punch we had a blast a must if visiting Barbados. This is like paradise it compares to our wonderful holiday in Costa Rica it's unspoiled beauty. Unlike our horrendous holiday at Riu Jalisco in Mexico now there are major issues and complaints staying there, they have the nerve to call that hotel a 5 star. This hotel is wonderful the only thing it needs is an all-inclusive to make it a true 5 STAR. One week was not enough where I've stayed at plenty of other resorts & one week was plenty.

Nothing Short Of The Best For Our Wedding Reception

by TripAdvisor Member BajanMan

We had our Wedding Reception there,and it was fabulous.I must admit it wasn't our first choice,but we got an exceptional deal.From the food to the service was excellent.The food was great & the service was professional(kudos to the Wait Staff & the Conference Team).Being an employee of an All-Inclusive 4 star resort, there are certain things you look for and there were nothing short of our expectations.I recommend Accra Beach Resorts for any occassion being it a Retreat,Conference,Wedding or just a wonderful vacation.THEY ARE THE BEST!!

Barbados

by alan.mcilree

"Barbados Jan 2009"

Leaving the cold of Scotland, and touching down in the heat of the Caribbean day, brought a smile to all of our faces. Although tired from the trip we looked forward to a week in the sun, before our Caribbean cruise.

We were met at the airport and transported to the Accra Beach hotel. The room was great with a strategically hidden plasma tv and a balcony overlooking the beach.

The food at the hotel was expensive, but as it is located directly across from a small shopping area with a couple of cafe/restaurants it wasn't really a problem for us. As breakfast was included we did get a taste of the food in the restaurant, and all I can say is that the breakfast was the best I have had outside of the U.K. There was a mixture of British food such as bacon and eggs, but also included some carribbean food, both equally excellent.

Beach at the Accra Beach HotelBeach at the Accra Beach Hotel

Accra BeachAccra Beach

beach with calm water,hotels in Barbados.

by ERLIKHAN

Hi.We'll travel to Barbados in 2nd half of april. Could anybody suggest:

1-The beach which has the calmest water in Barbados.
2-Is this beach close to town,shopping,restaurants etc..
3-Some hotel names on this beach.

Thank you very much..

Re: beach with calm water,hotels in Barbados.

by Sunniebgi

Well the whole of the west coast has pretty calm waters, usually. Sooo.. Hotel names will really depend on how much you want to spend, and how far up the coast you want to go.

Sandy Lane for the high end of the scale would be great. Nice beach, great hotel..

Discovery Bay hotel is nice, mid priced ( I think) .. has a nice swimmable area in front of the hotel.

both of these are close to Holetown and close to shops restaurants etc..

or try the southcoast at Accra Beach Hotel, on Accra/Rockley Beach.. While the sea isn't the calmest, it is flat water some of the time.

Or try the Hilton Hotel at Needhams Point. Nice location.. water right in front of the beach and to the left can be a rough sometimes, but usually always swimable. Go right and you hit Carlisle bay with some very nice flat water, most of the year.

what resort/area???

by sarahal1234

Hi Everyone!
Ok basically myself and my boyfriend want to book a 7 night holiday for begining/middle of December. However need some help!!

1) is this a good time of year to be going?
2) What part of Barbados do we go too? We want a lovely hotel where there is lots to do in the area so we're not bored. Or is it the case that everwhere on the island is pretty much all about the hotel that you stay in?

Thanks guys!

RE: what resort/area???

by Hewer

Hi there Sarah,

My wife and I did a wedding/honeymoon combo in Barbados earlier this year. While we we there we managed to get around the island and look around. We were really happy with the hotel we stayed at (Blue Orchids), which was located on the beach in Christchurch. We're planning another trip there next year. Here is my tip on the hotel:

Here is my Worthing page if you want to check out some of the stuff in the immediate vicinity:

One thing to look at for. Some hotels in Barbados market themselves very creatively on the net, i.e. the photography sheds the hotel in a much better light than the reality. Some guests in our wedding party stayed in cheaper accommodation but were horrified when they turned up. We found that you get what you pay for.

Good luck!

Craig

RE: what resort/area???

by Sunniebgi

While both the west and the south coasts are great places to stay, the West Coast is going to be more expensive than the south, and also while there are things to do on both, the south has more night clubs etc.

I would recommend some place like Accra beach hotel, or some where in St. Lawrence Gap, depending on how much you want to spend. Accra has a lovely beach and restaurants around there. St. Lawrence Gap is filled with restaurants, hotels etc. At the moment I can't really recommend an actual hotel in the Gap, but take a look at www.barbados.org and see what accommodations are in that area.

good luck and have fun.

Barbados cruise stop/beach break

by mij1

Last time in Barbados was 29 years ago. Stayed at the Sand Acres. Remember St. Lawrence gap as very attractive with good variety of restaurants and hotels. I wrote an e-mail to Almond Hotels to get permission to spend the day at the Casuarina. The HO was supposed to ask the local manager. Did noy get reply. Too bad because we could go back for a vacation if we liked the place. We are Canadian seniors, respectful of others and prepared to pay for services rendered by hotel.
Any ideas of other hotels or beaches in that area? Can we take the bus from the pier? What no. please? Many thanks.

by grandmaR

I've been to Barbados once by air and stayed at the Edgewater Hotel (1996), and then again two or three times by cruise ship. The dock area has shops and also the cruise ship usually has a shuttle to town but it isn't a beach place. It is a commercial port. St. Lawrence Gap is down at the south end. I think the hotels you mention are on the west side. You might try writing the Hilton - they have a nice beach.

One time a friend rented a car for us and drove us around. Two times we took ship's tours, and once we just took the shuttle into Bridgetown and walked around.

There are bus services to many places on the island, but I do not know how time-reliable they are. That is I don't know how sure you would be of getting back in time before the ship sailed off and left you. Taxis are expensive.

by GlobeTrekr

My wife and I had a cruise stopover in Barbados back in 2006. We were in our 20s at the time and did some dune buggying over on the eastern (Atlantic) coast and relaxed at the boatyard area. Check out my Barbados pages for info.

Boatyard had foreigners and some locals from all backgrounds and ages. You pay to get in (one drink and beach activities included) and there is a big bar, eateries and of course a beautiful beach. Once inside the area we walked off to the side a bit and had a very large area of the beach entirely to ourselves, it was beautiful.

Your cruise ship will have tons of excursions to choose from once you get to Barbados so I wouldn't worry too much. Unless of course, you'd rather go about it on your own which will save you money.

by Sunniebgi

My suggestion, if you still want Casuarina, is to phone them directly. As it is now part of the Almond group and all-inclusive, they may not allow for outside guests. but calling might be better than waiting for an e-mail.

You may also want to try the day pass at the Hilton hotel, or Accra Beach hotel or just head to a beach like Accra, which has food kiosks and restroom facilities as well as chair and umbrella rentals.

You can take the bus, but would be better to get a Taxi for that short ride. The bus may be a bit more complicated.

Comments