Hilton Barbados

See Amenities

Lovely Holiday - stayed at the Hilton

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 25, 2015

We stayed at the HIlton in August 2014 and had a lovely time. The hotel has access to small beaches on its grounds. They are both fantastic, with the one to the right of the protruding rocks being my favourite. On some days I had that entire part of the beach to myself.

The room is like any other Hilton room - nice, you'll be lacking nothing. The staff were all fantastic and really took care of us. The location is also fairly close to Bridgetown, about 30mins walk or you can take a taxi.

The food was nothing special - not bad not very good either. I found the best places to eat were Bajan ones (Brown sugar, which is very close to the hotel, just down the road and even better: The Good LIfe, a cheap vegetarian restaurant about 15mins by taxi. You don't need to be vegetarian to enjoy it, Everyone in my party thought it was delicious)

Given my above description, you might think I have nothing to complain about. True, everything was perfect BUT I never felt I got to experience the true Barbados. I'm usually more immersed in local life and this was my first 'big hotel holiday' - it felt as though I was staying at Paradise Hilton rather than Barbados as a country. The beauty of travelling to different parts of the world is to experience the different cultures, meet new people, discover new cuisines etc. I did take up several tours round the island but, again, with fellow tourists and it all came across very sheltered,

I did meet a few locals by chance and the stories they had to tell, the insight and tips I was given, their lovely and welcome ways were the highlights of the trip for me.

If I go to Barbados again, I will most certainly stay in smaller place - something rented out by private individuals,

Good Holiday

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 30, 2008

We stayed a week at the Barbados Hilton in February. Having spent the previous week in Puerto Rico it was a breath of fresh air to stay at the Hilton. The location is excellent and is close enough to town that we could walk to Bridgetown for an afternoon visit or walk to local restaurants.

The Hilton compares favorably to other beach/spa hotels in the Hilton chain. It is a large hotel and has been extensively renovated very recently.

The advantage of staying at the Hilton is that there are no negative surprises and many favorable ones. The lighthouse has been included in the renovations on the property, retaining local history.

We enjoyed our stay and would return if we were looking for a large hotel experience.

Unique Quality: Great location, decent beach, nice sunsets, good pool etc.

Directions: Needhams Point south of Bridgetown on the water.

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Looming Over the Lighthouse

by written on April 16, 2007

I have been to this hotel, but I did not stay there, and I didn't even go inside. I went to look at the Needham's Point Lighthouse which is on the hotel grounds. Leif drove us to where the Hilton was. We could see the Hilton but could not see the lighthouse - that was because the Hilton was much bigger than it was.

There was a guard at the gate and he told us to go down a road - Leif at first thought the road (between stone walls topped with chain link fence) was too narrow, but the guard insisted that it was OK. It took us down to the Hilton beach, and there in front of the hotel was the lighthouse, which has been rebuilt.

Unique Quality: For your business convenience

* Typewriter
* Video Conferencing Available
* Video Messaging
* Video Phone

For your family's comfort and convenience

* Babysitting Service
* Child Care Center
* Children's Activities
* Children's Menu
* Cribs
* Family Package Offered
* High chairs
* Vacation Station

For your comfort and convenience

* Automated Teller (ATM)
* On-Site Convenience Store
* Room Service
* Safety Deposit Box
* Tour Desk

For your fitness and recreation convenience

* Beach
* Snorkeling
* Tennis Court
* Walking Track
* Windsurfing

Directions: From airport, right at the Tom Adams roundabout. Continue on ABC highway to the Errol Barrow roundabout and turn left. Continue straight along Highway 7 via Graeme Hall towards Aquatic gap. Right onto Aquatic gap to the Hilton.

Nearby Hilton Barbados

• Kids Activities
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Bridgetown Travel Forum

Need advice about Bridgetown, Barbados? Visit the Travel Forum for Bridgetown and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Bridgetown
Museum of the Parlaiment
Parliament Buildings
Cross Island bus ride
Things to Do
Harbor Lights is mmore than just a night club
Great public transport services
National Hero Square
Parliament of Barbados
Dive the Stavronikita
Sports & Outdoors
Snap shots just like a postcard
Old Parliament
Green Leaf and Bush Tea
Warnings and Dangers
Lord Nelson Statue
Pedestrian Mall
Shopping
Hand-made leather shoes and sandles
Bus to the City