Enterprise Coast Rd, , Barbados, Caribbean
Little Arches Boutique Hotel
Expedia.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Little Arches Hotel

Little Arches - Heaven on earth.

by TripAdvisor Member Rakigirl

Last June I had the privilage of staying at Little Arches, Barbados. This was an experience that will live with me forever. Before booking I checked this site to see what previous guests thought about it. The reviews were so good that I had no hesitation in booking a room but secretly thought they must be exaggerating. Boy, was I wrong. Little Arches was perfect in every way. Not only was the hotel itself beautiful and extremely tastefully decorated but the staff were second to none. Every one of them went out of their way to be helpful and genuinely friendly. The owners, Cinta and Mark are down to earth, lovely people who clearly have thought of every little detail to make their guests comfortable and feel at home. The pool is small but perfect for cooling down as are the ice cold face towels handed out by the staff as you lie baking in the tropical sun. As most of the other reveiwers have said, the restaurant is excellent. Not only the food, which is scrumptious but the setting is out of this world.

The beach across the road is one of the best I have ever been on. A few minutes walk takes you to the local buses which are very regular and extremely cheap. Oistens has a local, friendly atmosphere and the Fish Fry on Friday nights is a must.

I would recommend Little Arches without any hesitation and I will certainly be going back again soon. Wish I was there now.

Little Arches Hotel... a little gem!

Little Arches Hotel... what a little gem of a place to stay. Having recently returned from a 2 week holiday there, we felt compelled to write a review as both the hotel and restaurant (Café Luna) were outstanding. We found all the staff to be friendly and efficient. All the rooms are lovely and are kept impeccably clean. Café Luna serves delicious food at reasonable prices and with the added bonus of wonderful views across the ocean. We did eat at a couple of restaurants in St Lawrence Gap but found Café Luna to be by far the best. Watch out for the cocktail reception on a Wednesday night (courtesy of the hotel) and Sushi night on a Thursday - very nice indeed! We also had a wonderful day trip on a luxury 44ft catamaran which is complimentary of Little Arches if you stay for 10 nights or more.

To get about the island we just hopped onto one of the regular local minibuses (the bus stop being only a few minutes walk away). Any one trip, whether short or long, costs around 30 pence! However we found Miami/Enterprise beach located literally across the road from the hotel to be one of the best we visited.

We are not the type of people to go back to a place twice but having found this wonderful hotel we now can’t wait to go back for our second visit! A big "THANK YOU" to all at Little Arches for making our stay so pleasant... Caroline & Paul

Very good experience at Little Arches

by TripAdvisor Member lisahToronto

My husband and I recently returned from a getaway to Barbados without the kids. Based on the reviews, we decided Little Arches would be the perfect "couples" place to stay -- and we weren't disappointed. Like other reviewers, I would agree there aren't the amenities of a big resort, but that was fine with us and probably helped ensure the peace and quiet we were craving.

Based on reviewer comments, we asked for room #7 -- one of the rooms just off the pool deck. While we didn't really see the insides of the other rooms, the rooms off the pool deck were, indeed, bright and spacious. Other than the air-conditioning not covering enough of the room area, the room was large and very comfortable. Like other guests, I fell in love with the Earthworks pottery and had to buy a few pieces to take home.

Yes, the pool is not very large, but most of the time we were alone in the pool. Other couples may have been lying by the pool, but it was never crowded. The beach across the street was wonderful and free of hawkers.

We had two dinners at Cafe Luna and enjoyed them tremendously. Thankfully we took others' advice and tried the fried banana dessert -- definitely deserving of all the praise.

Our room was right under Cafe Luna and we didn't experience any of the noise other reviewers mentioned. Also, the airplane noise didn't bother us at all either. Yes, there are quite a few airplanes flying overhead but we weren't disturbed by it.

The Oistins fish fry was well worth it. The cheapest meal we had and very delicious. We really enjoyed the dolphin fish, the plantains and the sweet potato pie. We had another very nice meal at Pisces in the Gap, though the service was nothing to rave about.

The staff was kind and helpful -- no complaints there. All in all, we had a perfect stay at Little Arches and would definitely return, though not if we were with the kids.

Luxury Boutique Hotel

by TRimer about Little Arches

This is the place that we would stay if we are to return to Barbados and wanted to stay near the airport and St. Lawrence Gap. There are only 10 rooms and children under 16 are not allowed at the hotel.

Paradise

We have just returned from 6 days in paradise (AKA Little Arches)! We read all the reviews on Tripadvisor and booked a deluxe oceanfront room, but being born sceptics felt sure Little Arches couldn’t possibly live up to the hype - how wrong can one be !! Little Arches is set in a beautiful location on Enterprise Beach (known locally as Miami Beach) - our private deck and hot tub looked out over the stunningly blue Caribbean. Our room was large and very well appointed (including a full kitchen which my wife refused to use !). The rooftop pool area was small but lovely with sunbeds & a covered settee area all with fantastic views. One level up is Cafe Luna - very relaxed and informal but again tremendous views and the ideal place for any meal. The main thing about Little Arches though is the staff - NOTHING is too much trouble - we have not met nicer people (we went for lunch at Sandy Lane and believe me they could learn a lot from Little Arches!). The service was just awesome from the moment we arrived till it was time to leave - special mentions to Nita, Sharisse & Moo for making our stay so memorable - and Moo the meal on our final night was truly excellent.! Unfortunately we were delayed 24 hours on our departure and ended up spending a day at the Colony Club courtesy of Virgin. – this is a nice hotel but it was not a patch on the previous 6 days – it just made us appreciate the Little Arches even more.

A wonderful time, but not perfect...

I have to say, I think some of these reviews are slightly overselling Little Arches. It's a wonderful spot, and a relative bargain for Barbados. That said, the "growing pains" others have mentioned were very apparent.

The best part of this hotel was definitely the restaurant. Chef Moo kept us happily fed, especially at breakfast. The guest cocktail hour was a nice way to get to know several of the other guests. The beach across the way was wonderfully uncrowded, and the water was crystal clear. Our room was very nice, and we enjoyed our "private" deck and hot tub.

While I had heard so much about the service at Little Arches, I found it to be a quite spotty. Some (namely Vere) were wonderful and very helpful, but others were less so. On a few occasions, when we tried to book some activities through the front desk, we were told to expect a phone call confirming the arrangements. Unfortunately, we never heard from anyone, and had to phone multiple times to check the status of our bookings. Service at the restaurant was also mixed. Aside from being a bit slow in general, little things like condiments and coffee/tea refills were very difficult to come by. As always there were exceptions (Jonathan and Asha were both excellent). I should also point out that the housekeeping staff was phenomenal.

Finally, now that I've seen the entire island, I have more of an appreciation for how removed Little Arches is from a lot of the more popular areas. To get to a lot of the better restaurants (mostly found on the western coast) it's quite a taxi ride. I'd suggest a rental car. We did enjoy being so close to the Oestins Fish Fry. Quite an entertaining sight. A must see!

In general, Little Arches is a wonderful place for a relaxing holiday. I'm happy to recommend it as an affordable and beautiful hotel.

Best place to stay in Barbados!!!

I have been meaning to write this review for some time as the place deserves every glowing review on this board. We returned from our honeymoon on May 30th after enjoying a wonderful week at Little Arches. Truly everything was perfect-each morning we would have breakfast either at Cafe Luna which had a fantastic view of the ocean or order breakfast through room service. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and was excellent! There were about 8-10 choices-all delicious. After breakfast we would go to the beach across the street. It was hands down one of the best beaches on the island. We met several people who were staying on the West coast who would drive down to spend the day at Miami/Enterprise beach. It was absolutely gorgeous. Around 3, we would head back to Little Arches to lay by the pool and read/swim/play chess and have a few cocktails-the "moolicious"-(named after Chef Moo) was a favorite. The team of people who work at Little Arches are extremely friendly and provide excellent service. We would never be at the pool for more than a few minutes before someone would ask if we would like a drink, something to eat, etc. We tried different restaurants around the area for dinner but Cafe Luna was the best-casual dining with amazing food at a very reasonable price. I would recommend The Cliff on the west side of the island (about 40 min drive) for dinner-very romantic, excellent food. Other than The Cliff, we really enjoyed Cafe Luna more than any other place we ate at. The rooms were bright, beautiful and very clean-room service was on top of everything. That said, Little Arches was perfect for us and we will absolutely be back! One other thing-if you are there on Wednesday night go to the cocktail reception that Chef Moo and the owners host-such good people and free drinks!!

Virtually Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member lilym26

I just got back from a 10 day honeymoon at Little Arches and I must say it exceeded all my expectations. I chose the hotel purely based on the reviews on this site and we were not disappointed. Having stayed at some big, expensive resorts (Atlantis, Iberostar), I can be rather spoiled and hard to impress, but you get the most out of your money at Little Arches. I found the prices for the rooms and the food and drinks at the restaurant to be very reasonable - some may think it a little on the expensive side but we live in the city and are used to paying more for that quality of food, especially for dinner. We missed out on Moo because he was on vacation, but the food was still excellent. The room, Canouan, was large, clean, comfortable and bright. The hotel itself was nearly spotless. The pool area is perfect for after the beach, and the staff always makes sure you have everything you need. Christian and James especially were right there for everything we needed and more. I really can't say enough good things about this place. If I did have to come up with one negative it would be that the power does go out frequently. Almost every day it would go out once but usually not more than 5-10 minutes. Just a minor inconvenience, no big deal. The beach is the best I have ever been to including Aruba, Bahamas, Bermuda, Florida, Mexico, etc. Way better - the water is cool, clear and refreshing. It is never crowded and has a vendor for food and drinks - the rum punch is very good. From what I could see of the other hotels and resorts on the island, we really lucked out. Many of the others are in not nice areas and the beach doesn't look half as good. Little Arches is situated in a more residential area yet close to the highway and convenient to many other restaurants and nightlife. I wouldn't have changed a thing about this hotel except to make my stay longer. We will definitely be coming back someday.

They've got it all right!

The hotel is located on Enterprise Beach, which is a stunning beach with crystal clear water, used mainly by the locals.

The Hotel is beautiful, and has only 10 rooms. The room we stayed in was very spacious and well appointed, and overlooked the swimming pool.

The food at Cafe Luna is delicious, with a spectacular view of the ocean. We found the prices to be very reasonable.

The hotel staff are absolutely fantastic, and can not do enough for you. Look out for Christian at the Bar, and ask him to make a Melon Ball Cocktail for you!

We found the other guests to be very friendly and after arriving at the hotel at 4pm on the Friday afternoon, we ended up at the Oistins Fish Fry with two other couples who were staying at the hotel. Don't miss the Fish Fry, it is well worth a visit.

We had no problems at all during our stay, and if we return to Barbados, we would absolutely stay at Little Arches Hotel.

Disappointing

Not nearly as good as expected. Yes, the
beach is great, but there is no pool to speak of and the hotel is a long way from any bars or restaurants. The room I was given looked directly onto the hotel carpark and was noisy with guests tramping past the door on their way out of the hotel's own restaurant until the early hours.

WEATHER

by mgrant13

I planning a romantic getaway towards the end of October and was just wondering if anyone has experienced the island during that time and could tell me what kind of weather to expect. Oh yea if anyone has any information about the hotel Little Arches that would be great

RE: WEATHER

by Smartsaver

Hi

www.Tripadvisor.com has good reviews on Little Arches. Weather in October may be a bit wet but it never rains for too. South coast is generally drier than the famous West coast

Peach and Quiet

by brantley

Hi, I am going to barbados with my girlfriend for nine days in April, and wondered
if anyone here has stayed at Peach & Quiet. It seems nice, but I don't know how convenient it is to shops, transportation, etc. I'm also thinking about spending 4 nights there and the next four at a more nightlife-oriented location. I would greatly appreciate any comments/thoughts/ideas.

RE: Peach and Quiet

by curiousx

I have stayed at the Peach and Quiet, and love it. It is an independent hotel very much in the style of the old (and quirky) Caribbean and offers great value.

Features are large and clean rooms, a spectacular pool setting, room safes, honour bar, creative and reasonably priced meals, cooperative and friendly staff, a snorkelling lagoon right in front, local musicians providing excellent entertainment. Features that may be negarives include no in-room phones or TV, no AC (ceiling fans), nearest sandy beach a few minutes walk away. Ollie, the hotel driver, is super reliable and it is a short drive to the night-life/shops of Oistins but longer to St. Lawrence Gap. However, public transport routes run nearby. If you stay there, I recommend taking a short trip one day over to Miami Beach and possibly treat yourself to lunch at the Cafe Luna of the Little Arches hotel across the street from the beach. Very nice spots.

BTW, I preferred the less-expensive upper level Garden Rooms to the more expensive Ocean View rooms. That's because the Garden rooms offer an open verandah while the equivalent space in the Ocean View rooms is enclosed and the 'view' is through a barred window.

Your plan to spend 4 nights in the tranquility of P&Q and athe next 4 in a more lively area is a good one.

RE: RE: Peach and Quiet

by brantley

Thank you for all the info, it helps alot.

Comments