Oceanfront Street, , Belize

More about Barefoot Beach Belize/Seaview Hotel

Fantastic place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member iloathework

Barefoot Beach is the perfect place for a laid back vacation. The rooms are spotless, the service top-notch and the carribean ocean is 20 feet from your door. The couple who owns barefoot beach live on site and I found them to be very helpful without being intrusive.

The location is also a plus-it is on the southern edge of the "developed" part of caye caulker so town is a 15 minute walk/5 minute bike ride-but it is super quiet at night.

Folks that are contemplating a trip to Caye Caulker need to realize that Caye Caulker is not Cancun. You are not going to find luxurious accomadations and all the amenities of home. Quite honestly, for me, that was one of the attractions of the place. Given the location I couldn't imagine complaining about no TVs in the room.

Caye Caulker is a small place and in a week you get a sense of the accomadations available. After seeing most of them, I am glad I stayed at Barefoot Beach. I will stay there again.

Wonderful place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member jarrudy

We found this hotel to be the perfect place to stay. The hotel is small, and down the beach from the main dock, so there isn't alot of foot traffic back and forth, but it's also a 5 minute walk to the center of the town area. the rooms are colorfully decorated, no beige chain-hotel walls here, and immaculate. i've never been in a cleaner hotel room. no tvs and no need for air conditioning with the sea breezes blowing right through your room from the ocean 20 feet from your window. We had one of the front rooms, so I'm not sure if the back rooms catch all the breezes, but there's air conditioning for five extra dollars a day. Ramon was so courteous and helpful, and was right there for any question, just use the buzzer. HIGHLY recommend it!

High expectations met

The only problem with telling about Barefoot Beach is that when we go back, and we do want to go back, the rooms may be booked. This is a great place to stay in just the right location. Kim, Susan and Roman all combine to make your stay pleasuarable. Before going, I wondered about the A/C situation. It turns out that even though A/C had been added, we never needed it due to the great ocean breezes. Great people, great island for the laid back, and a great room made for a great, but too short, vacation.

Great find

We moved over to Barefoot Beach (after a bad experience at the Lazy Iguana) and owner Kim was very accommodating. We stayed in the back cabin and felt right at home. The hotel is in the perfect location on Caye Caulker - close enough to easily walk everywhere but removed enough to make it quiet and relaxing. The back dock hammocks are a great place to relax. Kim was working on renovating things and the only suggestion we would have would be fixing the shower (it was rigged a bit) - but like I said, he was working on improvements and our stay was still amazing. Some other B&B's (ahem...Lazy Iguana) are removed from both the main strip AND the wonderful local culture of Caye Caulker - chosing to complain about local culture rather than embracing it. Kim does just the opposite at Barefoot Beach - he makes you feel completely safe and it's obvious that he truly enjoys his new life there and is happy to share it with his guests!

Just Perfect !

Hello,
I stayed at barefoot beach for four days, loved every minute of it and even proposed my girlfriend to marry me right on the pier !

It is clean, quiet, cosy, on the beach (mandatory !) and just a 2 min walk from the centre of the island.
The american owner is friendly and helpfull.
Barefoot beach also has a private pier with 2 hammocks (you need a pier fur worryless sunbathing because beaches in Cay Caulker are rather small and sometimes crawling with spiders).
And in the evening, before you hit town and eat 4 (practicaly free) lobsters, you can sit on the porch, sip from a beer and watch the sun go down, while you answer the friendly hellos of every local that comes by.

Just perfect !

Disappointing Experience

by TripAdvisor Member AMuller396

We stayed at this hotel the first week of June and were sorely disappointed. The room was tiny and room service was virtually non-existent. Although I was told ahead of time that the room would be small for 3, I wasn’t prepared for how little space the 3 of us had to move around in. Truth be told, the room is still too small even if only 2 people were staying inside it. To the owner’s credit however, I am thankful that they tried their best to accommodate us by rearranging the furniture to create more space.
Now, if size was the only problem, I would probably give this room a higher rating but it was really frustrating coming to dirty rooms at the end of the day. The person “cleaning” the room merely fixed our beds and swept the floor. But as regards cleaning the bathroom or even washing the glasses, forget about it. On one of the days, our room wasn’t cleaned at all and we had to buy our own bathroom paper because we ran out and it wasn’t replaced.
To many who may think this is just a spoiled brat traveling out of the country for the first time, I’m not. I’ve traveled to several countries and have slept at all sorts of accommodations. The reason I’ve rated this hotel so low is for $75usd/night (during the low season!!!), we expected more and sadly this hotel just did not deliver.

Peaceful, breezy, and clean

by TripAdvisor Member Travel_Happy00

This hotel is in a quiet setting and the owners are very accomodating. We had room number #1 and it was nice and breezy. They came in regularly and swept, made our bed, emptied our trash and made sure we had everything we needed. They keep the beach area very clean and colorful.

It was so much more comfortable to have a room on the beach and in a quiet spot. There are many hotels in town that are on the main street where the breeze isn't too great and the noise could last until all hours.

We felt very comfortable and safe here.

We found that Carlos Snorkeling and Syd's lobster burgers were our favorite local things to do!!!

tropical paradise

We just returned home from the MOST relaxing yet invigorating place EVER!! The Barefoot Beach resort on Caye Caulker was just what we were looking for. It's quiet and quaint. The rooms are just darling and you feel right at home. The view is breathtaking. For a very small charge, you can enjoy some nice cool A/C. Although with the nightly breeze, it wasn't needed very much. Everyone on the island was so friendly, but I couldn't believe the wonderful hospitality of the owners, Kim and Susan. What GREAT people. I would reccommend it for anyone! I'm so happy we found this little slice of heaven, it's the only place I will stay from now on.

Location, location, location!

by TripAdvisor Member pontificator

We stayed here in early July '06 for four days. Seaview has a great location on the South side of the Island and the best (private) dock on the Island for lounging and swimming. Hammocks (surrounded by sea) are possibly mans best invention! The rooms were clean and cool (litrally and figurativly) and the owners tried really, really hard to make our stay comfortable. We also stayed on the North side for a few days - closer to the split (2 min walk instead of maybe 7) but I found myself longing for the Seaview. We'll be back (and we'll stay here for our whole visit). Thanks Susan for your excellent care - we'll see you again!

perfect place to be

by TripAdvisor Member wandersmann

we had a great time at barefoot beach.
we had a very nice bungalow 10 meters from the beach.there also is a little peer with 2 hammocks over the water which belongs to barefoot. the place is clean and very nice carribean atmosphere with lots of palmtrees and beautiful house and rooms. but the best thing about barefoot is the owner himself. when you have a problem, go there and he will solve it for you.

Comments