Radisson Fort George Hotel And Marina

Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Good location, but a run-down 4-star hotel

I would suggest that you skip Belize city entirely. Radisson is probably the best hotel in town, but it is not a true 5 star hotel. It needs renovation. Breakfast pastry, lunch buffet both look kind of lethargic. No need to stay there, just head to other regions directly, most of them within 2 hours of drive or a short flight

• Beautiful Hotel right on the ocean

We arrived in Belize City by bus from Mexico and wanted to stay somewhere right on the waterfront. Our driver brought us to the Fort George Hotel and Marina. We stayed in a lovely room with panoramic view of the marina and the ocean. Our room was beautifully furnished and large. And the view! It was a stormy day and it was so nice to be able to sit in our room and watch the storm come in over the ocean. Very pricey but I guess you get what you pay for. After one night we did move to another hotel that was a bit more reasonable in price.

Unique Quality: All the comforts you would expect in a 5 star hotel. A/C, TV. Even had our bed turned down before bed with a chocolate treat. Even a weather report for the next day. Very helpful hotel staff. 2 lovely pools and a nice but very pricey restaurant.

• A touch of class

I was surprise at the cost of things in Belize City. But after a time there, I found that the Radisson was a good deal.

Unique Quality: The staff was very courtious and the food was great.

Directions: Downtown

• realde14's Profile Photo

Probably your best choice in Belize City

The Radisson Fort George Hotel is probably the best choice in Belize City. Decent rooms, nice pool with bar and good restaurant. Located right on the ocean, perfect to organize dive trips.

• CLillard's Profile Photo

Nice foliage and charming decor

I think this hotel is very charming. It has a colonial feel to it and the decorations are very nice.

Unique Quality: The poolside bar and stonegrill is nice and quaint. The pool is nice, although it's not olympic size. They do have a fitness center, but I wouldn't use it because the equipment is old, there is only one treadmill and one stairmaster. I didn't see any weights, but one machine that I didn't understand....maybe it could be used for strength training? If you like a quiet hotel, this one is good for that.

Directions: in the Fort George area, near the waterside

More about Radisson Fort George Hotel And Marina

Since my main area of travel...

by John195123

Since my main area of travel has been in Belize City and Punta Gorda (PG) I am able to tell of them here.
In Belize City there are many hotels, however two I'd really recommend. The first is of historic value, well, not really... it was in a scene in the movie 'Dogs of War'. The Chateau Caribe is a Victorian-syle hotel, with a restaurant that serves good food, built right on the water. There is no beach, per se, but if you want a beach... I'll get to that later...
The Radisson Fort George is a bit more upscale, and is near the Chateau Caribe. In PG, there is one hotel I recommend, not simply because I am very good friends with the owners, but because of the quality of the family-owned hotel they built by hand.
In Ambergris Caye, where I learned SCUBA before I even knew what it was, thanks to a Boyd King, stay at the Victoria House (VH). It is well worth any moeny spent. I have not, sadly, been there in many years, but now that I've done some research for these pages, WAAAAAAAAA I WANNA GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Ranges from fairly cheap (PG) to $200+ (Ambergris) Private Vehicle
Vehicle rentals are available at the International Airport and other locations.

Taxi
The going rate is US$3 to any place in Belize City. From the International airport a taxi to Belize City costs US$17.50.

Bus
Inexpensive way to see Belize City. Twenty five cents US.

Comments