Hicaco Ave., Belize

Booking.com eDreams

• Diverdan28's Profile Photo

Great beach view spot

The sea view cabins might be a little bit of a stretch of the word "view" but it was still good value for money. The small porch does provide a view of the passing street traffic and the sea beyond. Better still, the sea breeze is unhindered and we used it to cool the cabin almost every day and night, foregoing the A/C in the cabin. The rooms are not overly spacious but were kept clean, with fresh bedding every 2 or 3 days and towels daily. The cable, fridge, and coffee maker all worked flawlessly. The staff were very helpful and made us very welcome.The only downside was therelatively small porch with only one chair and one hammock, and the mattress on the single bed which I found uncomfortable. On the other hand, my brother snored his way through the nigfht in bliss, so maybe it was just me.

Unique Quality: The sea view rooms in the back are probably the best as they minimize the street noise but still provide some view and a great seabreeze

Directions: 3 minutes walk south of the split

• Dec 2, 2012 at 6:11 PM

My vacation was going great until I checked into De Real Macaw. My room I booked with a credit card was rented to backpackers irresponsibly before I arrived and the owner, Rob, didn't care at all. I got a room that was in the back, dark, and had a space in the ceiling and I was eaten alive with bugs of all sorts. The beds also have bugs. I was itchy and ***y, and didn't sleep. The place is a dirty dump.

• kiwi's Profile Photo
      Dec 2, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Hi there, sorry to hear about your experience. It will be better placed in the hotel review section of your location pages. Hope you can also tell us about some other aspects of Belize that may have been more enjoyable :-)