36 Coconut Dr., San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize
Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast

35 feet from your front door

by TripAdvisor Member Nutjuggler

Once upon a recent time, a traveler visited an enchanted island in the Caribbean called Ambergris Caye. The exciting aspects about the island were it’s inhabitants, who were gracious, and carefree. As to the roof over my head, it was a B & B, and it was my first experience. Changes In Latitudes is like living at home, only you have the ocean 35 feet from your front door. On the grounds of this B&B, there is a wonderful trellis, covered in flowers, which I loved to sit under and read a book on the comfortable furniture or hammock provided. There's also a bunch of other stuff you can see, just by looking around, like hummingbirds, many and different sized Iguanas and
sometimes even a crab that has lost its way.

So give yourself a treat, hop a plane, take a boat, but do spend some time at Changes in Latitudes, and say hi to the young ladies, Renita and Cindy, who are your friends first, and thereafter your hostesses. With kind best wishes to all who may read what I experienced.

John C. Hilinski, Florence, KY USA 9/20/06

Great B & B, friendly hosts

by TripAdvisor Member majorswede

Chose Changes in Latitude based on favorable reviews here, and was not disappointed. The B & B is small and informal, which is exactly what I was seeking. It is not luxurious, but is clean and comfortable. The hosts, Cindy and Renita, are very knowledgable and helpful, arranging all of the tours I wanted to take as well as booking a massage at a nearby spa. Since they were not fully booked, they had time to share some interesting conversations. The breakfasts are superb, and were different every day for the week that I stayed. It's about a 10 minute walk along the beach to the "business district", though there are many restaurants even closer. Although the weather was terrible, I enjoyed my stay owing to the efforts of Cindy and Renita and would not hesitate to return!

Moody Hosts

by TripAdvisor Member mvays

We were really looking forward to our diving vacation in Ambergris Caye. When we first arrived at Changes, one of the hosts met us and showed us around. The room was very clean but tiny. There was barely enough space for the two of us to turn around. Two days later we were asked to move to another room supposedly due to a plumbing problem in our room - we had a dive booked for 9am and they told us about the move at breakfast at 8:30 am and that we had to move our things now. We obliged as we had no other choice. Later in the day a family moved into the room that we had to move out from - obviously they just made an excuse to move us to a different place so that the family will have rooms together. Overall we felt like unwelcomed guests at this B&B. They were reprimanding my boyfriend for bringing in too much sand into the room as they just cleaned it - we are paying guests. That means that it is your job to clean the room from the sand so we could relax and not constantly think about all the rules. All the bookings have to be done through them - and they don't really tell you all the prices upfront. Also, when we tried to cancel a catamaran adventure they gave us lots of grief. It seems that everything we did annoyed them. Cindy and Renita do not smile at you at all. I felt like I was being watched all the time and told what to do. I would never have my friends stay at this place. Yes it is cheaper than other accomodations on the island, but I would have gladly paid more money for a place that treated us well. Stay away from the moody owners of this place and try Mayan Princess instead - better deal for your money.

Innkeepers are the best!

by TripAdvisor Member CurlyGirl_Ohio

Cindy and Renita were wonderful. They know the island from top to bottom and are a wealth of information. They'll set up any activities for you and their pre-paid voucher system couldn't be more convenient.

We especially liked the homey atmosphere and the fact that the b&b is within walking distance to town, along the beach. One note: be aware that when they say the rooms are small, they are indeed small, as are the bathrooms. But the place is clean and comfy. And the breakfasts were dee-lish.

Side note: it was nice to have the use of the pool next door--the bartenders there were very friendly!

Home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member vballcoachccv

My husband and I stayed here for 9 nights. We were completely impressed with them before we even arrived. We has e-mailed a couple of times prior to our trip and found Cindy and Renita to be very friendly and helpful. They really go out of their way to make you feel at home on Ambergris Caye. We looked forward to breakfast each morning. Not only for the delicious food, but for the conversation as well. You can tell they love their job and love where they live.

Very happy with Changes in Latitude B&B!

by TripAdvisor Member CocoBellevue

Changes in Latitude was wonderful! Cindy & Renita were extremely helpful with arranging our snorkel, fishing, diving and touring trips. They know which guide organizations are legit and only recommond those that will show you a great time. I apprciated not spending my vacation time calling around to book trips-Cindy & Rentia did all the leg work. Breakfasts were delicious! The property is very clean and well cared for. Overall it was a fabulous week and I would highly recommend Changes!

A Family Affair

by TripAdvisor Member mutha

Our family of 4 (2 young adult "kids") spent 10 days as guests, but felt more like family , at "Changes" over the xmas holiday. The setting is perfect for relaxing in the yard or going to see the sights. Our trips that Cindy arranged were great fun and lived up to our expectations. The breakfasts were delicious and custom made to accomodate are individual tastes.
We enjoyed San Pedro, but we miss the lifestyle and friends we made at "Changes." We all argee it's a great family tradition!

Cozy, Friendly, Bed & Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Sanded

We came across a little Belizean gem and wanted to share it. Prior to our cruise on the Tradewinds Cruise Club out of San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, Belize we were looking for a place to stay for a few
days before we left for our cruise.
This little bed and breakfast run by Cindy & Renita is a hidden treasure. It is very clean and you can see the pride these ladies take in every detail of their place. They only wanted us to be comfortable and that was very evident. Renita arranged for us to have a coconut cracked open, found me a needle and thread for my torn hat, and even located a charger to borrow for my movie camera because I had left it at home. It has only six rooms (very reasonable at $95.00/night) and is located directly next door to the Belize Yacht Club and the beach. We had a full breakfast each day and met some great people. We had use of the Belize Yacht Club internet and pool right next door which was great. What more could we ask for. We highly recommend this cozy little place, especially if you are cruising with Tradewinds Cruise Club.

Best B&B we've ever experienced

by TripAdvisor Member ParticipantObserver

My husband and I spent 3 night at Changes in Latitude while on our honeymoon in Belize. Prior to Changes, we had always thought of B&Bs as cheesy and floral, like staying at your great aunt's house for the weekend. Cindy and Renita changed our minds entirely. Our room was fun and funky, thanks to our hosts' creative island decor. The breakfasts each morning were AMAZING. We really appreciated the thoughtful attention to detail, like the bottle of champage for our honeymoon and the beach towels for our daily use. Despite how great the nightlife is at Amerbergis, we found ourselves prefering the beauty and romance of the B&B and the interesting conversations with Renita, Cindy, and the other guests. The pool is beautful and the swim-up bar is fabulous. They connected us to Litte Alfonse for snorkeling Shark Ray alley, who was the friendliest, most informative guide I could have imagined. Overally, it was a wonderful experience.

The Best B & B Yet

by TripAdvisor Member RedondoTraveler

Renita and Cindy made this stay worthwhile. Everything was clean and welcoming. We couldn't have asked for better hosts. They helped plan daily activities and had numerous wonderful suggestions for activities and dining. Changes in Latitude is very well located, close to town, a block from the beach. The pool is next door, but easily accessable. When we were planning this trip, we emailed Cindy and Renita and recieved such a helpful warm response we didn't look any further. We were not disappointed. They are great!! We're looking forward to our next visit.
Jim & Martha

Miriam getting ready for our tripMiriam getting ready for our trip

Welcome to Fido'sWelcome to Fido's

You can see the world's 2nd largest reef in the diYou can see the world's 2nd largest reef in the di

smilesmile