PO Box 1, San Pedro, 11111, Belize
Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Coco Beach Resort

Awesome! The Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member MajBill

Coco Beach was a fantastic place to stay. The rooms are actually condo size with beautiful furnishings, a large kitchen with brand new appliances and a huge masterbedroom. I loved everything about the room, from the great mattress to the huge walk in two person shower. The balcony and ocean view over the pool was incredible too. The pool was beautiful too and everything was well maintained. The beach was as good as any in the Caye that I saw and the resort is next to a dock with easy access to water taxis and excursions. The sister resort is also top notch. The staff was incredibly friendly. I felt like a friend as much as a guest. Sandra at the front desk does a great job, she will handle anything for you and is very sweet and friendly. Be sure to talk to Leroy at Tuff E Nuff for your excursions, he does a great job and has a great attitude. The Tuff Enuff excursions are as good as you will find even downtown, you can do most things through them. Don't miss the catamaran trips! Great job Coco Beach!

Absolutely Amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member Morena_Del_Flo

Coco Beach Resort is a beautifully designed hotel. The set up is unlike any I've seen as it's apartment-style. My boyfriend and I stayed in a "casita" and it was the equivalent to a loft: living room with a flat screen TV, kitchen with an island and stainless steel appliances (electric stove and fridge with ice and drinkable, cold water...they even have kitchen utensils such as plates, pots, cups, coffee maker, etc in case you want to buy food to make!), bedroom with ANOTHER flat screen TV, and the bathroom in the back. It was just gorgeous. And the pool...I can't rave enough about the pool. It's ginormous and has a swim-up bar. In the middle it has a hot tub that was perfect for after we came from our excursions out in the island. All in all, I would HIGHLY recommend staying at Coco Beach. The staff is super-friendly and they do the dishes for you! Special shout-out to Sandra Gutierrez who was AMAZING and the friendliest person I've ever met.

10+ for Coco Beach!!

Absoulutely one of best resorts I have ever stayed at.

by TripAdvisor Member ymsdac

What I liked best about the resort and surrrounding area, it was as if time stop the moment you step on the beach. Such a calmness in the air, and the beauty of the beach and the roaring ocean waves for miles and miles.

I left after a week saying I could come back again and again. On our last day we meet some other tourists and they said they came 6 years ago and have been back every year and I think that could easily be us.

The hotel accomendations and service was outstanding!

Cocobeach was simply the BEST!!!!

Ignore the weather forecast.....

by TripAdvisor Member RRRTraveler

The evening before leaving for Belize, the forecast for the week was 40% to 60% chance of thunder showers. Of course I was apprehensive about my visit. After a few days of sunny and 85 degree warm weather I mentioned the forecast I reviewed on the Internet to Sandra (front desk representative) who advised the weather forecasts on the Internet are based on the mountainous areas of Belize. If you are seeking an accurate weather forecast for Ambergris Caye check the San Pedro local newspaper or call the resort. Coco Beach Resort is an absolutely amazing resort that offers first class service and amenities.

The "casita" is spacious with a fully equipped kitchen that contains pots, utensils, plates, blenders and glasses. One of my favorite aspects of the apartment is the entrance to the unit which has a double door made of glass. I enjoyed views of the ocean and took the opportunity to take in a few sunrises and sunsets. The living room is furnished with rattan furniture that is very comfortable. The unit has a large front porch with a table and chairs which is another area for lounging. The resort offers internet service at no additional charge.

The swimming pool is breathtaking. It has various depths that offer wading in shallow water to swimming to the pool side bar for a drink and/or a meal and a hot tub. The bar offers happy hour daily from 3pm to 5pm.

The staff is friendly and goes above and beyond to provide superior service. I highly recommend Coco Beach Resort when visiting Belize.

Beautiful Resort/ Best Pool on Island

by TripAdvisor Member mtnliving

We got a great deal on a one bedroom casita being it is the off season. We could not believe how nice the condo was based on the price. It was brand new and I would guestimate well over 1,000 sq ft with a beautiful ocean view and huge balcony.

My husband and I were worried about coming during the rainy season. We never had anything but sunshine. We were told by people on the island that it only rains about 12 inches a year on the islands.

There are only 25 condos total at this resort so it was very relaxed and there were never more than a few people at the pool at any given time. There is a very cool pool bar actually located under one of the buildings so it is fully shaded. This was the nicest pool we saw anywhere on the island and probably one of the nicest if not the nicest resort.

We had been considering Belizean Shores as a hotel option as well. We did not realize until we got there that Bealizean Shores is right next door and considered the "sister resort" of Coco Beach. You can charge food, drinks, tours, etc. right to your room, so you get the amentimities of Belizean Shores, but the nicer condo of Coco Beach all in one.

There are a few negatives to the location/ destination in general. It can be difficult to get to town. There is no actual road going to the hotel or anything in this area. You can rent a golf cart and go down a trail. The golf carts seemed very expensive, plus we were told you had to pay a $5 toll everytime you went over a bridge. The water taxi is the best option although somewhat incovenient because you have to carefully plan when you are coming and going (it only comes and goes at certain hours).

The other big negative is the beach. There is a white sand beach, but the water is very shallow and has a lot of seaweed so it is not meant for swimming. You can walk in it, but that is about it. If you want to actually swim you have to go to the end of the boat dock. There is a lot of boat traffic though so it is limited to a very small area. I would describe the beaches as similar to much of the Florida Keys. This was the case for all of Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker from what we saw. If you are looking to lay on the beach and swim as your primary goals, this is probably not the destination for you.

Beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member Bovoweitz

The resort was outstanding. It is exactly what we were looking for. It was nicely secluded but you could get to other resorts and to downtown with a bit of effort. The room at the resort was fabulous. It was the nicest room we have ever stayed in at a resort for the price. The staff was great. The pool and bar were the best on the island. The only amenity it was lacking was a restaurant on-site, but they were in the process of building that while we were there and it is scheduled to open in fall of 2009. I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants to get away from it all and relax. I know I can't wait to return...

Plan your trip!

by TripAdvisor Member Bovoweitz

I know my husband already wrote a review but we had such a memorable time I have to add my two cents. With life as stressful as it is right now, we really needed a vacation to get away from the stress to refresh and regroup. Every day at CoCo Beach we would lie in hammock on beach and say, "what would you like to do?" and both would say...nothing right now. The wonderful walks on the beach were just what we need to refocus. The staff and people at CoCo Beach were not only so gentle and gracious, they made us want to come back! They are building a restaurant that I cannot wait to try out and the view from the fabulous rooms are unbeatable!

a peaceful escape

by TripAdvisor Member illathought

Greatful for my quick getaway to Coco Beach. I stayed at belizean shores last visit and wanted to experience Coco Beach...from the moment i stepped into my Casitia i was in heaven. The staff was great and very responsive. Sandra, Rico, Tanya and Papo are like family at this point. The only downside of the entire visit was that when I got there, I knew i had to leave eventually. Cant wait to get back.

Amazing place!

by TripAdvisor Member tropigal8

We stayed 6 nights here and had a great time! We were greeted at the watertaxi from Belize City by another water taxi to take us directly to the hotel. We arrived there with a wonderful welcoming from Sandra the front desk. They took us straight to our room to settle in. We were upgraded to ocean front which was a great surprise! Our room was more than we could ask for! No complaints there! Also the swim up bar and pool was awesome! This hotel is great! They don't have there own restaurant but will kindly order food from a neighboring resort. I recommend bring some food for breakfast and lunch then going out to dinner into San Pedro or to one of the hotels near.

my son told me it was the best vacation he had ever experienced

by TripAdvisor Member joseph88

coco beach far exceeded anything that i had expected-i have stayed in some of the finest resorts/hotels anywhere-coco beach's staff was the very best-other guests that were there that i met in the hot tub were amazed also-like me, everyone's expectations were far exceeded with this fine resort in beautiful belize

the best part was that my teen son told me that coco beach was the most favorite place he had ever vacationed and that made my vacation the very best

Our Arrival in San PedroOur Arrival in San Pedro

This is on the wall facing the beach out backThis is on the wall facing the beach out back

Maya Islands AirMaya Islands Air