El Pescador

PO Box 17, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize

Costs 112% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about San Pedro

Look real close you can see us at the very topLook real close you can see us at the very top

Tuesday lunch special, SalbuteTuesday lunch special, Salbute

Belize CityBelize City

Calm before the storm... this was taken around 6 aCalm before the storm... this was taken around 6 a

Birdin g

by sundell

We plan to vacation on Ambergris Caye, early in 2008. We are interested in finding information on a one-day BIRDING guide leaving from Ambergris Caye to other birding hot-spots in Belize....and/or a 2-3 day tour which is for BIRDING specifically, again leaving from Ambergris Caye to other birding spots. Thanks for any information. Joyce Heintz

Re: Birdin g

by roamer61

Hi.

I am planning on going to Belize early in 2008 also (April most likely). Most lodges organize tours for birding and other activities I have found. I myself am a Birder and am looking at a trip to Cockscomb as a possibility.

Travel Tips for San Pedro

La Isla Bonita

by wreckloose

"Belize"

Our plane tickets were bought and hotel reservations made months in advance... more than enough time to build up the anticipation... so it was a curiousity as to why this trip lacked any of the usual fanfare. The more I thought about it, the more I couldn't shake the feeling that I was pretty unexcited about my vacation when it dawned on me... I knew absolutely nothing about the country of Belize.

One of the reasons I joined VT years back was to find out more information about the Philippines when I realized I was going back for the first time in almost 20 years... so naturally, VT was the first place I came back to for information on Belize.

"Planes, Trains & Automobiles"

On the day of our departure, I presumed I was armed with more than enough VT, Fodor and Lonely Planet tips to get me through our vacation. Despite that, I still found myself unprepared for how long it would actually take to get to our destination. We left Vancouver on a Saturday morning by Greyhound en route to our flight from Seattle-Tacoma Airport. After a pit stop at Taco Del Mar we were off to Houston and in the morning Belize City. One cab ride, a water taxi and 25 travel hours later we were finally docked in San Pedro.

Comments