Ruby's Hotel

Budget Travel School Holidays Diving and Snorkeling

Pretty Darned Good

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 26, 2012

I've stayed at Ruby's twice now. Once in the front, #4 and now in facing the beach in #3. The front is a little noisy with the traffic on the street, I like the beach facing room better. I chose a room with no A/C so the windows are open and the ocean breeze cools the room. It works but folks talking to each other on the nearby patio tend to wake me up. All in all though, it's certainly worth the price. The rooms are always clean and the bed is comfortable. I just don't see any reason to spend over a hundred $US per night when I don't spend that much time in the room. This is perfect for me. I often go for a couple of days to Caulker caye and stay there while keeping the room at Ruby's active so I can come back any time I want. Rooms at the Miramar on Caulker are also about $25 USD per night and the similar to Ruby's. The little office on the beach here sells soft drinks and beer at the going price and the little beach area there is pretty nice to lay in the sun.

This isn't for you if you're a really fussy high end traveler. I've been there and done that but I'm pretty laid back now. All I want is a clean and safe room with a decent bed and Ruby's got that going on.

I'll be back next year.

Unique Quality: Right on the beach. Walking distance from the airstrip. inexpensive. In San Pedro so walk to all the bars and restaurants.

LostBoyPN's Profile Photo

$20 a night... and you get what you don't pay for

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 23, 2005

Ruby's had a great location... and that was about it. I probably had the worst room in the place (#20). It was the worst accomodation I'd ever stayed in. The windows didn't open, and if they did, you'd shut 'em 'cause you hear everyone outside. I was woken up the two mornings I was there at 4:30 am by the local fishermen who ate breakfast at Ruby's Cafe. It was really a disgusting place.

Unique Quality: They had a nice deck on the third floor which I watched the sunrise (since I was up). And they had a nice beach area in front. Too bad my room was so awful.

Directions: Left of the main dock across from the local school

kxner's Profile Photo

San Pedro's Best Value

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 5, 2004

We stayed in the cheap room on the third floor where we shared a communal balcony. Our travel companions stayed in the more expensive, main floor room with the private balcony. We were all happy.

Unique Quality: Ruby's was convenient ... had a breakfast place out front. The staff was helpful. The rooms were clean. I would definitely return.

Directions: across from the school

Nearby Ruby's Hotel

Ruby's Hotel

• Rubys Hotel San Pedro

Address: Barrier Reef Dr., P.O. Box 56, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize

2 Photos of Ruby's Hotel

San Pedro Travel Forum

Need advice about San Pedro, Belize? Visit the Travel Forum for San Pedro and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest San Pedro hotel reviews

Explore Deeper into San Pedro
Nice little Latin Club
Everyone comes here
Nightlife
Place to kick-off your night
Biggest Palapa in town
Affordable Caribbean Food
High-End Casual Beachfront Dining
The Chicken Drop
Maya Island air
Warning: no prices posted
More good seafood
Restaurants
Don't miss the fried snapper
For Local Faire